Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-26-04, 02:15 PM  
Daphne M

Thumbs down PerformanceBike.com

My husband ordered 6 or 7 Spinerval DVDs from Performance Bike for me last year. He could have bought them from several other vendors, but I recommended Performance because I am a "team member," so get a discount plus reward points back.

Long story short -- only 3 of the DVDs ever arrived. One was scratched and had to be sent back. One was the wrong DVD. And one was okay.

Getting credit back for the damaged DVD and the wrong DVD was easy, but I had a really hard time cancelling the unfulfilled part of my order because they kept claiming the order didn't exist. I had the order confirmation number and everything and yet ... my order didn't exist.

Anyway I did manage to cancel the order and my husband got credited, but it took FOREVER ...
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Old 10-26-04, 05:55 PM  
Andrea
VF Supporter

I remember when all that happened. I have had a good experience with them, and a not great one. I ordered a fluid trainer and a heart rate monitor at the same time. My trainer arrived without the quick release. I called them and they FedExed it out. I received it within two days. Of course, in my impatience I had already scratched mine all up, but that's another story altogether.

All this time I'm wondering where my HRM is. I called and it wasn't even on my order! So, they sent me one, but took their sweet time doing it. Strange, how one order was handled so well, and the other wasn't.

Andrea
Old 10-27-04, 12:19 PM  
caligurl

i've had good and horrible experiences with performance.

i, too, am a team performance member... and i've ordered a ton of stuff from them... they used to be very good about getting their orders out the day ordered (as stated on their website) and getting them here in 2 days. then this summer they went to he!!... first the orders wouldn't go out for a couple of days (with no notice on their site except the one that says orders placed by 4 go out that day)...

stuff would be missing.. and then never show up (one order was missing a pair of cycling shorts... they supposedly sent them out the next day.. but i guess they sent them slow boat.. they never showed up.. they made me wait 3 weeks before they would declare them lost)... this time they send them 2nd day.. .then... for whatever reason.. they send ANOTHER pair a couple of weeks later.. i wasn't charged for the 2nd pair....

they've had issues with coupons.. their system allows you (via internet) to order with a coupon and use your accumulated team performance points.. i did that and when i called to get the tracking number... i was told my order was on hold for that.. but they never called me.. "I" had to call them! wonder how long they would have held the order if i hadn't called!!!!

i just had a good/but one flaw order... friday night i placed an order... it was due to ship monday.. 2nd day... and it actually arrived yesterday! it did have one missing shirt though... they faxed me the form and are supposed to be shipping that shirt, 2nd day, today. another shirt was not according to their description.. they allowed to place the order again (vice sending mine back first and waiting for the slow boat) and it did go out yesterday (i have the tracking number) and they waived shipping charges.. so they do have their good points.

as far as returns.. i've never had a problem with them getting my returns or refunds credited...

there packing people are horrible.. they just throw the stuff in the box and don't add packing material (or enough packing material) and it shifts all around! i've complained about that!

all that said.. i continue to use them cuz when they have coupons.. they have great prices on cycling stuff! and the 10% back is an added bonus (plus they price match!)

i just keep a very close, watchful eye on them!