Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-20-14, 10:00 PM  
bayportsmom

Pop Sugar Active App

Maybe I'm late to the party, but I just found the Pop Sugar Active App. There is a HUGE collection of workouts. Most of them are 10 minutes but there are several 30-40 minute cardio workouts including Zumba & Buti. There are awesome looking upper and lower body 10 minute workouts. Tracey Mallett and Anna Kaiser do a few. There is a great variety.....yoga, barre, weights, body weight..... I can't wait to try them!

It is available (free!) for iPhone and android but for some reason there are a lot more workouts on my phone than my kindle.

Also, a shout out to Tone it Up (Karena & Katrina). They have a great free app too!
Old 04-20-14, 10:11 PM  
mercedes

Sounds great. Are the workouts In-app-Purchases?
Old 04-20-14, 10:27 PM  
bayportsmom

I found the app on the iPhone App Store and searched the app area on the kindle. It's called pop sugar active. It seems like pop sugar is a you tube channel??? Anyway, it has a collection of pop sugar workouts. There are categories for lower body, full body, upper body, cardio, yoga... It looks like you can create and save your own playlists. I haven't played with it much, just watched some of the workouts. Some of them look really challenging. I'm going to try the 2 Anna kaiser ones tomorrow.

And it was free on both kindle and iphone.
Old 04-21-14, 07:48 AM  
Ann1964

OH Thanks I love fitness App's
Old 04-21-14, 11:26 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Pop Sugar is a website. They have a fitness component. It has a lot of good stuff there, and some not so good stuff.

They are very active on Facebook and post a lot there. They also have videos on their website.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
Old 04-21-14, 12:21 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Thanks! I'll check it out later...
Old 04-21-14, 04:25 PM  
bayportsmom

I tried 4 of the lower body workouts today. They were all pretty good. The Anna Kaiser was the most challenging. There is a good mix of standing and floor work. The bad thing about 10 min workouts is that it seems like you're just warming up and it's over!! I felt pretty worked out after stringing several of them together.

I love how they are organized into different categories. They are very accessible & much easier for me than searching you tube. We stream you tube through a ps3 though, and the controller is a pain haha. You tube is probably not so difficult for most

Tags
app, pop sugar