Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear > Shoes/Equipment/Gear FAQ's
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-02-02, 09:31 AM  
cmayes71

where can I buy a bench step cheaply?

I want to get a bench step like Cathe uses but can't afford 90.00 right now. Does anyone know who sells these type steps cheap or can be another brand that is similar. Thanks.
Old 04-02-02, 09:42 AM  
Diane Rogers
VF Supporter

Lightbulb Try FWonline or fitness1st...

I've noticed that both fitness wholesale and fitness 1st have the professional quality step (the classic one with green base and purple risers) for only about $60 (if I'm recalling right). That's a great deal. Fitness 1st seems to have reasonable shipping; you could check both of them out and call them to compare shipping before you decide.

www.fwonline.com and www.fitness1st.com

Personally, I got mine used on ebay and got an even better deal. But the trouble with ebay is that it's usually pretty hard for ordinary people to mail such a big thing using the usual USPS. So the shipping & handling would be more expensive than if you bought it new through a bigger business.
Old 04-04-02, 06:39 PM  
jayne F

keep eye on ebay

I got my Buns of steel step on ebay, and it was under $60.00
including shipping. I have seen many cheaper than that since on there ( of course!!)--- but Im very pleased.

Good Luck
Jayne
Old 04-08-02, 05:21 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Have you checked local Goodwill stores at all? I actually got the step bench by posting an ad on a local news station's website, asking if anyone would sell me one, then found extra risers for 69 cents each at Goodwill. The local used sporting goods store told me they sometimes get their stock from Goodwill (and of course charge more for it!)

Actually, the woman I got the bench from said she got it at a garage sale, so that's another thought.

Unless of course, you're in a hurry to get one, which is always the case once a vidiot decides a piece of equipment is necessary!
Old 04-08-02, 06:25 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I got mine at the Goodwill, but I spent a lot of time waiting patiently for one to show up. Garage sale season is quickly approaching (in many parts of the US anyway, I know some lucky people still have snow) so if you enjoy that sort of hunting you could luck into a good deal.
Old 04-09-02, 03:45 PM  
Denise

Hi there, I got mine from a local gym. They were happy to sell me a used step with risers for $30.00. They said now they can buy new music. Its worth a try.
Denise
Old 09-30-03, 12:34 PM  
Faith

I just saw two boxes of Firm steps (no videos) at the Goodwill/Salvation Army in Ohio, among many things. I'm telling you-- I will be checking Thrift Shops for fitness equipment from now on.

Faith
Old 04-26-04, 06:58 AM  
mmis29

Wal Mart

I bought mine for around $25 at Wal Mart. The only downside is that it only came with one set of risers, which was fine for me since I'm only 5'2 and it's not generally recommended that I go much higher than that. You can see it on walmart.com as well (they have 2 sets, one is around $57 and the other $25)