Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-29-24, 01:55 PM  
MissBliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I’m watching Harry Wild on Acorn with Jane Seymour. She solves mysteries in Dublin Ireland. It can be a bit silly at times, but I enjoy it.
Absolutely love Harry Wild on Acorn, also on acorn and worth a watch are the Madame Blanc mysteries.

About 4 episodes into Palm Royale on AppleTV and just loving the costumes and the setting (1950s). Kooky show but good with so many unexpected actresses including Carol Burnett.
Old 04-29-24, 08:51 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I am currently bingeing Magnum PI. I never watched it when it was originally on TV but my library had it on their sale cart. I couldn’t pass up 8 DVD seasons for a buck (! Yep, really) so here we are. It’s okay and Tom Selleck is definitely not hard to look at, but it’s somewhat disconcerting to see Tom in short shorts that barely cover his … parts.
_____
YADeb
Old 04-29-24, 09:01 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I just now started Baby Reindeer on Netflix after a friend very highly recommended it. I'm watching Episode 1 right now. Seems a little freaky.
Old 04-30-24, 05:30 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I just now started Baby Reindeer on Netflix after a friend very highly recommended it. I'm watching Episode 1 right now. Seems a little freaky.
Please share your thoughts. I just saw an ad for it last night.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-30-24, 08:47 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I have to go back to it. It gets freakier! I don't know if I'll ever finish it!!!

I love getting recommendations from this thread. (Much like the book thread!) so thank you. (I am currently watching DCI Banks)

I just finished Mr. Bates vs The Post Office. I liked that one too, just sorry I missed the interview/show with the REAL Mr. Bates. I tivo a lot, so didn't realize it was on. I tried to see if PBS ran it again, but couldn't find it. BUMMER.

I LOVED Harry Wild also and they are supposed to be doing another season. YAY!

That's it for now.
Cleda
Old 04-30-24, 09:02 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBliss View Post
Absolutely love Harry Wild on Acorn, also on acorn and worth a watch are the Madame Blanc mysteries.

About 4 episodes into Palm Royale on AppleTV and just loving the costumes and the setting (1950s). Kooky show but good with so many unexpected actresses including Carol Burnett.
Yes, I watched all of Madame Blanc. A bit cheesy, but I enjoy it. I also love Queens of Mystery, but they only did two seasons and haven’t done more. I also watch Brokenwood, although it’s a bit grittier.
Old 04-30-24, 09:08 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post

I just finished Mr. Bates vs The Post Office. I liked that one too, just sorry I missed the interview/show with the REAL Mr. Bates. I tivo a lot, so didn't realize it was on. I tried to see if PBS ran it again, but couldn't find it. BUMMER.

Cleda
The Real Mr. Bates is on PBS Passport for free right now. I haven't watched it yet, but we just saw the series finale on Sunday and it was so good. Mr. Bates is still testifying as we speak. Parliament is investigating the executives at the Post Office and Fujitsu.
Old 04-30-24, 09:50 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
The Real Mr. Bates is on PBS Passport for free right now. I haven't watched it yet, but we just saw the series finale on Sunday and it was so good. Mr. Bates is still testifying as we speak. Parliament is investigating the executives at the Post Office and Fujitsu.
Thank you for sharing this. I'll have to watch it. I must admit, I was so surprised as I was watching the dates (years) go by.

Cleda
Old 04-30-24, 10:02 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Thank you for sharing this. I'll have to watch it. I must admit, I was so surprised as I was watching the dates (years) go by.

Cleda
Mr. Bates has an awesome hobby.
Old 05-01-24, 03:33 PM  
cttx31

Quote:

That's it for now.
Cleda
On my PBS (Dallas) they are replaying The Real Mr Bates 3 a.m. Central on Thursday May 2. I just set my DVR! YoutubeTV also has it available on demand.

I am enjoying Under the Bridge on netflix.

Carol T

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, off topic, off-topic