Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-08-23, 06:32 PM  
Gibbee

I didn’t realize she had made those changes. That explains why I couldn’t find those workouts either. I thought maybe I had the title wrong.

She could keep them in a playlist like MBF and PPL, couldn’t she?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 01-08-23, 06:58 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
I didn’t realize she had made those changes. That explains why I couldn’t find those workouts either. I thought maybe I had the title wrong.

She could keep them in a playlist like MBF and PPL, couldn’t she?
Yes! I love the MBF workouts.Having more content is is definitely better for a YT channel's growth. I wonder if she is planning to switch to more paid content. Veta Laro did this recently. I love Cee so I would consider paying depending on the price and what you get. I also love Vera but 14.99/mo seemed like a lot considering apps like Peloton is 12.99 and a lot of other apps have specials that end up around $10/mo with better production and music.
Old 01-08-23, 07:32 PM  
edensmom

I read another comment on YouTube where she stated the videos she removed did not get as much engagement as she would like so she made the difficult decision to remove them. I wish I could copy and paste her response but my phone won't let me. She said try the new 20 minute workouts, you will love them!

I don’t think those videos are coming back.
Old 01-08-23, 07:42 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I read another comment on YouTube where she stated the videos she removed did not get as much engagement as she would like so she made the difficult decision to remove them. I wish I could copy and paste her response but my phone won't let me. She said try the new 20 minute workouts, you will love them!

I am torn between giving those 20-min ones a try or switching to something else completely. This is the point I end up with analysis paralysis....haha.
Old 01-08-23, 07:56 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello View Post
I am torn between giving those 20-min ones a try or switching to something else completely. This is the point I end up with analysis paralysis....haha.
That's what I liked about her workouts! No decisions to make, it's all laid out. However I don't like doing full body workouts every day. I like to do 3, maybe 4 strength workouts a week. I like to do some cardio or some pilates or a stretch when my body feels like it. Also I dislike doing one exercise per body part. She said it's to promote consistency with working out but I'm already consistent. Like buffmama, it seems I'm no longer her target audience.

It seems a lot of people are enjoying the workouts. Why not try one out?
Old 01-08-23, 08:06 PM  
tlchello

Quote:

It seems a lot of people are enjoying the workouts. Why not try one out?
I might do so this week and I will also give Coach Ali a try (recommended to me on my other thread) and then decide.
Old 01-09-23, 07:55 AM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:

That is a strange choice. Older videos will get less engagement - it's just how it is on YT. Just like older posts on IG will stop getting comments and engagement. But, for people who do the 20 min total body, I think the other videos were a great way to advance and to mix it up. Removing content is bad for a channel's growth when you don't have tons of content already.I am sad because I feel like this may backfire and lead to her not uploading workouts regularly. Playlists are the way to go. I planned on doing MBF again in the spring but now I guess I could do the body split advanced.
Old 01-09-23, 08:22 AM  
tlchello

Ok....after thinking about it a lot last night, I am going to restart the Muscle over 40 series.

I considered the 20 minute/5 day workout series but my question is this....I have always read that you need to work your muscle, create micro tears and then allow the muscle to recover for about 48 hours. Is this still current science and, if so, how does the muscle heal on the 5 day plan?

The one thing I am changing about the Muscle over 40 is that I am doing it over a course 12 or 24 weeks and repeating each week maybe once but possibly twice so week 1, 2 and 3 will be the same 3 workouts.

Side note...the muscle soreness I got from the Caroline Girvan workout yesterday is UNREAL...wow. Can barely get up from my chair. I am getting up and moving every half hour and will attempt a gentle Essentrics tonight to help loosen things up.
Old 01-09-23, 08:59 AM  
buffmama

Were there 12 advanced workouts about 30 min, 3 rounds of 12 reps, FB with a different emphasis? If so, I have the breakdowns if anyone is interested.
Old 01-09-23, 01:34 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
I'm glad you all are enjoying the new content.
Personally I am unhappy with the recent changes. 😭 My favorite, most used workouts are now hidden. The Full Body Advanced workouts I do often, as well as a 20 min dumbell arms workout I love, and the entire playlist of Muscle Burns Fat. I read a comment from her saying it's too confusing having so many workouts on her channel and I get a lot of choices can be overwhelming. But the workouts I've been using again and again for a year are just gone now. I don't care for the new 20 min format of working total body every day. She's been a mainstay for me but I guess not anymore, sigh...
I will finish 40-4-40 this week for the second time, which is my favorite series of hers. I'm disappointed that so much of her work has been hidden/removed. I've done her workouts pretty much exclusively since most of last year. I'm not sure what I'll do next. I'm not really interested in the 20 minute format, doing weights five days a week.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown

Tags
20 minute wokouts, 20 minute workout, 20-minute workouts, fitbymik, lift with cee, over 40, senior strength training, short strength workouts, youtube, youtube instructors