Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-04-23, 08:06 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I am worried that one day I'm going to try to come to VF and see a "Go Daddy" logo informing me that the domain is available

Those of you that have left workout reviews, please feel free to copy your review (or give me permission) and transfer it to our ProBoard forum.

Also, would it be acceptable to copy reviews and transfer them if the original reviewer has not visited this site in years? I would hate to lose all the reviews if this site goes under.
Same! One day I got the error message and was so sad, thought this place was over.

As long as used exercise dvds are a thing, the reviews will be invaluable. However, I think you’ll need permission to copy them.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 08-04-23, 09:04 PM  
counterclockwise

Mine are pretty old but feel free to copy them if allowed! They’re under Nyx Black.
Old 08-05-23, 04:21 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
I contacted VBulletin (about a month ago) and we would need Wendy's permission to move the data to an updated version.
Aha I “thought” I remembered you saying that but of course I couldn’t find where when I looked. I guess I’m taking it a step further. What I'm wondering is what they do if the owner has abandoned the site—maybe if it doesn’t get renewed on time and the domain name does show up as available on Go Daddy as you mentioned? I’m not questioning what you’ve done at all, just looking for a possible workaround, if there is one.

I also think that it would be helpful to Karla (or anyone else who has stepped forward) that if there are folks here who have more technical/website expertise that would be willing to lend a hand it would be great. I believe we could get moderators, but IMHO there’s a big difference between reading people’s posts and admitting new members and fixing glitches and managing the forum software. Wendy’s field IRL was website management/design or something close to that, IIRC? Oh, and it’s not my area at all—I only know enough to truly mess things up!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 08-05-23, 04:39 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I got nostalgic and started digging around VF. There's so much focus on the Forum and Reviews that I'm not even sure the majority of current VFers even know there are lots of other (albeit outdated) sections of VF.

Here's an old History lesson. http://www.videofitness.com/features/vfhistory/

It would be really sad to lose all our history.
Old 08-05-23, 09:09 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I got nostalgic and started digging around VF. There's so much focus on the Forum and Reviews that I'm not even sure the majority of current VFers even know there are lots of other (albeit outdated) sections of VF.

Here's an old History lesson. http://www.videofitness.com/features/vfhistory/

It would be really sad to lose all our history.
Thanks for the link, Joni!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-06-23, 09:51 AM  
Leonana

Thanks, Joni.

Wow, from reading the history and about Wendy, it seems this was not only a full time job, but she was also passionate about VF. Even though I wasn’t a member until 2013, reading about it and looking at the meetup pictures made me nostalgic. I miss the late 90’s and early 2000’s.
Old 08-07-23, 01:24 PM  
JustSandra

Quote:
Those of you that have left workout reviews, please feel free to copy your review (or give me permission) and transfer it to our ProBoard forum.
Karla, you absolutely have my permission to copy reviews I have done at VF (although I haven't contributed a new one in many years ).

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
Old 08-07-23, 02:36 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
Karla, you absolutely have my permission to copy reviews I have done at VF (although I haven't contributed a new one in many years ).
Thank you!

Those of you that have also given me permission, can you please let me know the name of one of the instructors that you have reviewed, if it's not too much trouble. It will make it much easier for me. All your reviews can be displayed from having seen one review.
Old 08-07-23, 05:08 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I wrote a lot of reviews back in the day. Feel free to copy any of them that you want.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Old 08-07-23, 07:21 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thank you!

Those of you that have also given me permission, can you please let me know the name of one of the instructors that you have reviewed, if it's not too much trouble. It will make it much easier for me. All your reviews can be displayed from having seen one review.
Karla,

You can also type in the VF member's name here and find their reviews:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsdb/index_rev.php

Or do a crtl-f (if you're using a PC) of that page and type the member's name to search/find.

Tags
forum alternative, forum issues, proboard, vf roost, vf site issues