Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-29-23, 09:33 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

Dana - the wrist intensiveness of most yoga keeps me from doing it. I will do chair yoga, but I'd like it to at least be a little challenging and not just for someone who can't get up out of a chair.

Carol
Carol, I'm sure you've already tried her, but Sarah Starr has LOTS of Chair Yoga practices on youtube and they're very good too! I l've done some of them and they're very relaxing.

I've just re-read your post, and Sarah's chair practices may be too easy for you, even if they are feel-good and nicely stretchy.
Old 08-30-23, 08:33 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning!

LWR - 14 min walk
LWR - 7 min abs
LWR - 5 min arms

The first two workouts were from her weekly calendar, and I added the arm routine. I love how she has short workouts that you can string together.

Carol, I'm glad I could make you laugh! I like using props with Pilates.

Dana, I agree about Lisa's subscription. Even at the discounted rate, I just didn't use it enough.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 08-30-23, 09:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I did a mix of Jessica Valant today:

- Beginner Workout Full Body - I am not sure if i ever did this one before. It is part of her beginner series - I did enjoy it though - straightforward, short and to the point. I also used my 8's for most of it, which is good for me these days.

- Getting on and off the floor - I missed this one last week and tacked it on this week - this is mainly a lower body workout that ultimately has you getting on and off the floor w/out hands - which is something i can do.

- 10 Min Shoulder Stretch Routine - this is "scheduled" for Friday but I added it on today. It was a nice routine.

Last night I added on Ellen's Align and Shine. I like doing something short after work to sort of transition from one part of the day to the other.

I'm not sure what I want to do in September. I have one week left of Jessica's beginner calendar left - which I can finish and then do something else or I can jump into something else right away.....

I was thinking about Amy/Be Healthy Enough - Back to Exercise challenge, but I don't use her stuff all that often - not enough to justify $20/month so I may cancel before my sub renews tomorrow. I do like her though and feel she is genuine and enthusiastic about what she does. I also like that she has a private forum (not on FB) for her members.

I was thinking about Caroline Jordan - she posted about her September calendar which sounds good. But that is $10 - probably don't need it.

I do need to give Beth/Trifecta a chance not to mention my JS AAP....too much.

I guess I will see what JVP, Trifecta have to offer in their next monthly calendar before I decide.

Christine - I really like Lucy, too. And it is nice that she is putting up weekly playlists. She has so many videos it helps to have them at least narrowed down for decision making purposes.

Waves, everyone - it is Wed at least!

Donna
Old 08-30-23, 09:06 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was another new-to-me one:

Trifecta Pilates - Standing Pilates Flow - 30 minutes

This one was mostly lower body focused and I will be sore again tomorrow. There were some planks and pushups using the chair just to get a little bit of upper body in too. Creative without being awkward.

Donna - A wealth of choices! I guess Mondays could be Jessica Valant, Tuesdays Caroline Jordan, Wednesdays Jessica Smith, ....

Christine - I love pilates workouts with props too! Pilates without props can get to be boring for me and I lose interest pretty fast.

Dana - I actually enjoy Sarah Starr's routines and scenery - some are on the easier side - but her voice drives me absolutely crazy. Stuff like that doesn't usually bother me, but for some reason her voice sends me into orbit. Definitely not the "yoga voice" I want to listen to. Petty, I know.

Carol
Old 08-31-23, 07:29 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

ID Healthy Spine Vision & Voice - 20min. This was day 3 of 5 and it was the power yoga day. This was definitely NOT for seniors unfamiliar to yoga and/or beginners because the vinyasa moved quickly. I did enjoy that practice though and my back and my joints have been feeling much better.

ID Wake Up On Your Mat - 30min. This was not the traditional yoga practice as it included some cardio moves. Just up my alley and I LOVED this class! I can't wait to do this one again.

Carol, I hear you about Sarah's voice. I try to tune it out.

Donna, I've stopped making monthly rotations/plans for myself because I can never follow through on them. I wake up and do what I and my body feels like doing but try to add some strength every now and then.

Christine, I still haven't tried any of Lucy's workouts. So many great instructors, so little time. I just take it day by day, but one of these days I'll have to give her a try.

I hope everyone has a great day! Happy workouts!
Old 08-31-23, 07:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Trifecta Pilates - 5&5 workout - I did this as a sub for Jessica's All Level HIIT which I did not too long ago. I did enjoy this routine. 5 standing exercises, 5 floor exercises - repeat the circuit 3X.

Jessica Valant - 10 Min Quick Core Workout

Beth - I know, I have a love/hate relationship with plans. I don't usually follow through on them - and definitely not "perfectly" - the closest I usually follow is to stick with a "theme" like Monday - Strength, Tuesday - Cardio, etc But even then I will sometimes switch. I do think for Sept though I'll do more Trifecta Pilates as I have neglected that subscription!

Carol - I do know what you mean about Sarah's voice....

Waves Christine and Buffmama!

Donna
Old 08-31-23, 08:15 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Standing Mobility - 20 minutes

This was not a good choice for me today. I wanted something ... more. Too much sitting at work, I guess.

Donna - I enjoy that 5 & 5 routine as well. I like both of the 5 & 5 style workouts of Beth's that I've done.

Dana - So glad you are enjoying the yoga practices! Yoga tends to be hit or miss with me - mostly misses though. I do like Jane Adams and her stuff.

Waves Christine.

Carol
Old 09-01-23, 08:24 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning,

I missed checking in yesterday. I went for a walk and did Senior Shape's Pilates for Abs & Butt, and PBL Glow Arms. I haven't done anything yet today. I'm caregiving for an elderly relative and had to get here early. Maybe I can get him out for a walk!

Donna & Dana, I used to love rotations but find myself getting antsy with them these days. Although I do like the idea of a calendar that I can just go to on any given day instead of wondering, which workout should I choose??

Dana, so true about too many instructors to choose from! Lucy's workouts are almost all standing with four limb moves that change every 30 seconds to a minute. I like the simplicity of her workouts, and the fact that they're short.

Carol, I'm sorry that workout didn't do it for you. I hate when that happens.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 09-01-23, 03:04 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My workouts for the day:

- Improved Health - Sweaty Cardio -this was nice for extra movement. Not too taxing but not overly easy either.

- Jessica Valant - Mindful Movement Pilates - this one is on her beginner calendar but has some more advanced (IMHO) moves. Nothing crazy like the rollover or anything - but some stuff that I wouldn't necessarily call "beginner' but w/ Jessica it is easy to modify.

I had lunch w/ a co-worker today which was nice.

Not much else to report.

Hope everyone is having a nice start to the long weekend!

Christine - I get antsy from rotations, too!

That being said I think I'm going to finish out JVP's beginner calendar next week and then it looks like Beth/Trifecta Pilates is doing a new series. Maybe I will do that next - provided I don't get antsy! LOL!

Carol - the 5X5 workouts remind me a little bit of JVP's "HIIT" style workouts. I like that Beth is adding some traditional strength work in to the mix.

waves, Dana and Buffmama!

Donna
Old 09-01-23, 06:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

Trifecta Pilates - Basic Weights Workout - 20 minutes (Level 1) & Core Connection Workout - 15 minutes (Beginner);

Jessica Valant Pilates - Beginner Hip Mobility Workout - 12 minutes

I really liked Beth's Basic Weights Workout - it felt more like a standing pilates weight workout than JVP's weight workouts do, although I like them too. I used 3 lb weights, but can probably go up to 4 lb weights next time I do it. Lots of long lever movements to intensify the work.

One other comment - Beth's beginner true pilates core workouts are harder than JVP's.

I forgot to mention yesterday - a passerby saw a guy walking by the school yesterday carrying a machete. They called it in to the police who started looking for him. They finally found him about 2 blocks from the School by a bar/pool hall. No word yet on why he had the machete. We didn't lockdown, but we did bring the kids in off the playground.

Donna - I agree with you on the Mindful Movement workout. I did it a while back and thought the very same thing. I'm happy too that Beth seems to be adding more strength work - if you do your pilates on the reformer you probably don't need to lift weights, but the rest of us do.

Christine - Bless you for taking care of that relative! I like having the calendar available too, honestly. I don't always do what is scheduled, but it's nice to have some suggestions.

Happy Labor Day weekend!

Carol

Tags
pilates, wall pilates