Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-10-18, 07:49 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severen View Post
Come back from an epic derailment (job loss, depression, death in the family) and start working out at least 5 days a week. Right now I'm doing Chalene Johnson and Core De Force and hope to start a Body Beast rotation in March.

I had planned to start this in January but got the flu. :/
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this - so much to deal with. I hope this year turns around and gives you nothing but blessings!
Old 02-11-18, 07:13 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I am revisiting Cathes' Low impact series. I mainly decided to do this for 2 reasons.

1. I am wanting to get some core action going on and I remember that this series is full of it without 8 million crunches, which I do not want to do.
2. I remember I had great results with this rotation in the past and I really felt good doing it.

I am modifying her rotation to meet my needs which means I might add in my own cardio some days (I need at least one day of dance cardio to be happy) and I may not do as much strength work as she throws in some weeks (I need time for my muscles to recovery and tend to build muscle easily). I have already started on this and am really enjoying it.

I also got Tracie's new offerings so will probably do those too this month to try them out!
ncl, I recently finished a rotation with ICE and LIS and it was so much fun! I love how she incorporates the upper body and core so much in the LIS without it really even feeling like it (if that makes sense) and then of course the legs/glutes with all of those gliding disc moves. I'm thinking about getting back to it.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Old 02-11-18, 07:24 PM  
DCW

Hi,

I have been in an exercise blue time. I am doing Essentrics, treadmill, and my boot camp classes. What is new is the treadmill while watching TV in the evening and at work running up and down the stairs.

I can't wait until it is nice outside so I can walk in the sun.
Old 02-11-18, 09:47 PM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
ncl, I recently finished a rotation with ICE and LIS and it was so much fun! I love how she incorporates the upper body and core so much in the LIS without it really even feeling like it (if that makes sense) and then of course the legs/glutes with all of those gliding disc moves. I'm thinking about getting back to it.
Exactly! I like this series. If I am up to it tomorrow morning, it's going to be Afterburn!