Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-03-24, 05:43 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I think that discussion is fine, but I do think that each of us needs to consider the intention of the posts before assuming the worst. Asking for clarification--- i.e. did you really mean that the way I thought you meant it?---can go a long way to easing tension between posters. Some people intend to be nasty, but I’d like to think that not everyone does.

Yes, donnamp, there is a lot of speculation and theory but I think it’s natural when there is so much uncertainty surrounding VF now. I hope you don’t get flamed for your comment, as you don’t deserve it.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 01-03-24, 06:16 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I've reported threads over the years (mostly my own to be removed), and I've never received a response saying my post had been reported and was being removed. A moderator always handled those requests, not Wendy. She also handled minor tech issues and hadn't heard from Wendy in ages the last time I talked to her about VF.

I also just reported this post and got no message in return.
I copied the message Wendy sent to me since so many people think I'm making things up. I'm very honest and find these insinuations and accusations disturbing.

Maybe your report wasn't serious enough for Wendy to acknowledge. People get inflamed about the experimental "vaccine." Don't bother asking what my COVID post was about as I'm disgusted with this whole thread conversation. I posted the same links at the other forum if you're interested.

Date: 12-27-23, 04:13 PM

Heading: please do not post COVID misinformation

Karla,

I have removed your post that contained COVID misinformation. Please do not post that sort of thing at VF.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 01-03-24, 08:22 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

And I have heard from the moderator that got my reported post. Mine is the only Reported post she has dealt with in a while and she's apparently the only other person besides Wendy who gets them.
So it seems to have been Wendy who trashed Karla's post.

To me that's good news and I feel a lot better!
Old 01-04-24, 06:29 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
And I have heard from the moderator that got my reported post. Mine is the only Reported post she has dealt with in a while and she's apparently the only other person besides Wendy who gets them.
So it seems to have been Wendy who trashed Karla's post.

To me that's good news and I feel a lot better!
That is good news! Thanks for sharing, Joni!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 01-04-24, 10:36 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
What’s wrong with sending me a personal message instead of trying to demean me publicly in the forum? I think your behavior extremely rude.

People don’t always read every thread daily, even if they’ve previously posted on it.
Karla, I find it interesting that you tend to accuse VFers of being unfriendly. In recent years, you quoted me and accused me several times of either making long-time VFers leave or making it so no new folks want to join. I found that extremely rude, insulting and demeaning.

Now you are making the same accusations at FOLV - one of the kindest, most welcoming VFers I've *ever* known on this forum.

Well, you have your own Forum now so you can run it any way that you want. I think I may have signed up for that one some time ago. Please do me the favor of deleting my account there, and banning me forever.

That way you won't have me to blame for membership issues.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 01-04-24, 10:55 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

The facts are that VF’s software is antiquated, malfunctioning and we have no information as to the current owner’s plans for its future.

The options seem to be:
1. The current state of VF remains, and it is up and down for the foreseeable future.
2. VF ceases to exist without further notice.
3. The current owner notifies members with an update as to the future of VF and either tells us it will continue as is, be updated, or will be terminated.
4. The current owner transfers the site to a person or entity who will update it and keep it going.
Old 01-04-24, 11:06 AM  
Leonana

I’m getting the busy message this morning. Boo!

Fitboop, I think 1 and 2 are our options. We’ve had forum issues for what, years now? I think the forum will limp along until it dies. It’s not being upgraded, so logically will eventually die.
Old 01-04-24, 11:10 AM  
rhbrand

Sadly I think #1 or #2 are what's going to happen.

I wish #4 would happen. I'm sure there are people here who would run VF and update the board.

If it were money that was needed, I'd donate some to help cover the cost of the updates, and I'm sure others would too. If the board was updated and ran well, I'd go back to being a supporter. But I'm not paying my hard earned money to a board that might die 4 days later.
Old 01-04-24, 11:11 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post

Fitboop, I think 1 and 2 are our options. We’ve had forum issues for what, years now? I think the forum will limp along until it dies. It’s not being upgraded, so logically will eventually die.
I was hoping for 3 or 4, but you’re probably right that it will be 1 and 2. How sad and disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Sadly I think #1 or #2 are what's going to happen.

I wish #4 would happen. I'm sure there are people here who would run VF and update the board.

If it were money that was needed, I'd donate some to help cover the cost of the updates, and I'm sure others would too. If the board was updated and ran well, I'd go back to being a supporter. But I'm not paying my hard earned money to a board that might die 4 days later.
I agree.
Old 01-04-24, 11:13 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
There actually was a TA thread recently and it stayed civil. It just goes to show you that we really can have discussions without people getting unruly! ...
I started that one and it has been civil and informative!

A Tracy Anderson question thread...

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, vf site issues, wendy, wwwendy