Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-03-23, 11:46 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I agree…I should not have speculated. I posted that without really thinking it through…I deleted my post.
No worries, Tracy! We are all concerned and it is natural to want to figure out what is going on.

We're in the dark here!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 08-03-23, 01:39 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I agree…I should not have speculated. I posted that without really thinking it through…I deleted my post.
No worries. I’m going to delete mine, too.

Whatever is going on, I don’t want to cause any hurt to anyone here or to Wendy or her family, should they choose to check in.
Old 08-03-23, 11:04 PM  
lgk

Deleted

Vous pouvez sortir Mademoiselle de Paris, mais vous ne pouvez pas sortir Paris de Mademoiselle.
The ball is round, a game lasts 90 minutes, everything else is pure theory. Off we go!

Passionate about Kundalini Yoga and Running.
Berlin Marathon - September 28, 2008.
Old 08-04-23, 07:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Ok I deleted my post too. I didn't feel comfortable speculating either but that's what can happen when there's no information or communication.
Old 08-04-23, 08:46 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Wendy had been dealing with issues with both her parents and his parents in the past few years. All four parents died fairly recently, at least one from complications of Alzheimers.
Old 08-04-23, 08:47 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

The situation here, and discussion, made me think of a similar instance. I'm not sure what the takeaway is, but maybe food for thought:
I used to follow a woman who blogged about retirement and living in her little RV and traveling the United States. She wrote a post about every 2-3 days, describing where she was and what RV-life was like. It became very personal - not only did she write about RV life, but also her expense issues, her dogs, her health. Her blog became so popular that every post (2-3x/week), she'd have over a hundred comments!! There were so many "regulars" reading her blog and commenting that the commenters became friends and established relationships. The blogger would also comment, and she called the "regulars" her "blogarinos".

Well, suddenly she just stopped. No posts. No explanations.
The readers / commenters / followers went thru the same thoughts we're discussing here:
  • worry and uncertainty as to what happened to her. Was she sick? Did she get into some kind of trouble? Did something happen to her?
  • trying to contact her, and/or find other people who could contact her
  • months & months later, a friend posted that the writer just stopped writing; she just didn't want to write a blog anymore
  • then - anger. Why didn't the writer post an explanation? a wrap-up? why did she leave "friends" hanging? Then, sadness.
  • also - the "regulars" were concerned about the loss of friendships they had developed amongst themselves. One person set up a FB page/group: "Friends of ______ Blog".
  • But over time, everything just faded away. I always read the blog posts, did not become a regular commenter, but still - it was sad.
Again, not really sure why I shared this, but seemed like a similar experience.

-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
Old 08-04-23, 08:53 AM  
donnamp

Anita it is odd, but I guess it can happen. I would at least write a "retirement" post.

I am going to make a point of posting on ProBoards and TapTalk at least a few times a week so I'm familiar with those sites for when the inevitable happens.

Will be very sad to see the demise of VF - I hope that Wendy or one of the moderators is able to save it before it is too late....but I guess like life, all good things come to an end.

Donna
Old 08-04-23, 02:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I think that the more it is discussed that VF is going away, the more likely it is to happen sooner rather than later. Self-fulfilling prophecy, maybe?

Yes, Anita, I think that situation you described is odd, but I guess it seems that way since it isn’t the way I would handle it—yes, a “retirement” post of some sort. Maybe that person didn’t want to be inundated with a bunch of people contacting her. Maybe Wendy is in that situation as well, but I’m not going to speculate there.

I do get that the board’s features are becoming more limited, due either to neglect or just ancient technology and it would be nice to have a way to migrate the board to a more updated format. Is there a way to contact the VBulletin people to ask about the possibility of migrating so they could say what would be required? I would think Wendy would have to give permission but maybe there’s a workaround to that since it “appears” the board has been pretty much abandoned by the owner for whatever reason?

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 08-04-23, 04:11 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I think that the more it is discussed that VF is going away, the more likely it is to happen sooner rather than later.

I do get that the board’s features are becoming more limited, due either to neglect or just ancient technology and it would be nice to have a way to migrate the board to a more updated format. Is there a way to contact the VBulletin people to ask about the possibility of migrating so they could say what would be required? I would think Wendy would have to give permission but maybe there’s a workaround to that since it “appears” the board has been pretty much abandoned by the owner for whatever reason?
I contacted VBulletin (about a month ago) and we would need Wendy's permission to move the data to an updated version.
Old 08-04-23, 04:15 PM  
Karla25

I am worried that one day I'm going to try to come to VF and see a "Go Daddy" logo informing me that the domain is available

Those of you that have left workout reviews, please feel free to copy your review (or give me permission) and transfer it to our ProBoard forum.

Also, would it be acceptable to copy reviews and transfer them if the original reviewer has not visited this site in years? I would hate to lose all the reviews if this site goes under.

Tags
forum alternative, forum issues, proboard, vf roost, vf site issues