Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-30-23, 07:41 AM  
CabCalloway

Hi All,

Out of touch for a while, but I'll try to post more often.
Went on a very nice (long) bike ride yesterday with my DW. Need to do this daily, but sometimes its not practical; we have a bit of traffic during the afternoon commute.

Waves to everybody.
Old 05-30-23, 12:21 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, I'm starting STS 2.0 on Monday, June 5 and at this point will do a 8 week rotation. I had great luck last summer doing T&D's 8 week program with my walks/yoga/mobility, so hope for the same thing this summer!! I can always keep on going to week 12 if I desire too. I'm getting antsy to start the printing of the guide, though, and get my notebook ready, etc. etc. LOL!!!

Cab, great to see you pop in! Nice work on the bike ride and hope to see you next month!

Good luck in June, everyone!
Old 05-31-23, 07:43 AM  
T2B

Cab - good to see you!

AMD - ha, I've already changed my mind about STS 2.0. After studying the User Guide, I'm not ready to commit fully to any of the rotations, just yet. I'm going to do the workouts my way for a bit.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 05-31-23, 05:51 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, Ha, me too! (Personally I don't like any of her rotations but I always end up making them my own anyway. They are just a "guide" that gives me ideas...so that's why I chose the Low Impact Cardio one since it'd be easier to just change up the cardio with my walks).

HOWEVER... #1, I'm not going to stick to the "do no more than 30-40 min. of cardio!" demand....if I'm having a good day and a good walk, I'm going to keep on going past that 5K mark and not turn around to go back home, LOL!!!
OR
#2, I see I can't do GSTB until the 2nd week...ugh that's the one I am most looking forward to trying! :/ Guess I could change up the total body workouts in the first week....
OR
#3, If I want to do a Yvette cardio workout which is high impact, I am going to on my Low Impact Cardio day....
OR
#4, I might even include a YT cardio or yoga instructor on the cardio or recovery days....

So, as you see, it will be a very LOOSE rotation!!!

Have fun!!!
Old 05-31-23, 07:53 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
T2B, Ha, me too! (Personally I don't like any of her rotations but I always end up making them my own anyway. They are just a "guide" that gives me ideas...so that's why I chose the Low Impact Cardio one since it'd be easier to just change up the cardio with my walks).

HOWEVER... #1, I'm not going to stick to the "do no more than 30-40 min. of cardio!" demand....if I'm having a good day and a good walk, I'm going to keep on going past that 5K mark and not turn around to go back home, LOL!!!
OR
#2, I see I can't do GSTB until the 2nd week...ugh that's the one I am most looking forward to trying! :/ Guess I could change up the total body workouts in the first week....
OR
#3, If I want to do a Yvette cardio workout which is high impact, I am going to on my Low Impact Cardio day....
OR
#4, I might even include a YT cardio or yoga instructor on the cardio or recovery days....

So, as you see, it will be a very LOOSE rotation!!!

Have fun!!!
Ha, ha, this made me lol. I’ve changed my mind again after reading some of Cathe’s responses on Facebook to her question today.. A Cathlete that is doing the 8 week rotation said that their goal is fat loss and Cathe’s response “As for your training goals, yes the 8 week rotation and good nutrition will certainly help get you there. But if fat loss is more your goal than strength training, I would suggest doing weeks 1-4 and then for weeks 5 & 6 re-do the total body strength workouts and then for weeks 7 & 8 finish out with the single body part workouts as listed in the rotation.”

My main goal is fat loss while maintaining the muscles that I do have, so I’m going to try this and see how it goes. I’m sure I’ll switch things up again. And like you, I have to get my cardio in. I’m starting this week, lol. I thought I needed a recovery-ish week but I feel good after my rest day today.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 05-31-23, 08:45 PM  
AnMrsDe

LMAO!!! Too, too funny…I’ll be waiting to see what you actually log each and every day.

Thanks so much for posting Cathe’s fat loss rotation for those of us not on FB! I already have added this valuable information in my Users Guide!! (Wonder why she just didn’t add this as another 8 week rotation option??)

Maybe I’ll do this after my 6 week rotation (of course, adding in cardio). I love the idea of doing more TB workouts though, as opposed to body parts week after week!! Appreciate it, thanks!

Tags
just the workouts