Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-18-16, 06:00 PM  
hollymarie

I also really enjoyed the new Louise Penny book.

A cozy series I like is fairly new--the Mahalia Watkins Soul Food Mysteries by AL Herbert.

The first one was Murder with Chicken and Waffles, and the new one, Murder with Macaroni and Cheese, just came out. My hold just came in so I am looking forward to reading it.

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Albus Dumbledore

Old 09-18-16, 06:03 PM  
sherry7899

Loulou- Brian Wilson's autobiography is coming out soon.

My dh ordered an autographed copy of Brian Wilson's book from Book Soup in Los Angeles. I can ask him for info if you want to surprise your brother. My dh also said Dean Torrance from Jan and Dean has a book out soon. Also- have your brother check out the band The Explorers Club. As a Beach Boys fan he should love them.

Sherry (resident Vf music geek )

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 09-18-16, 06:05 PM  
sherry7899

Hollymarie- there is a cute restaurant themed cozy mystery series set at the Jersey shore. I will look up the author later.
I think one title is "Murder and Marinara."

Old 09-18-16, 06:22 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Hollymarie- there is a cute restaurant themed cozy mystery series set at the Jersey shore. I will look up the author later.
I think one title is "Murder and Marinara."
Sounds cute. DIANE Mott Davidson writes about a caterer who always gets involved in some murder situation. AND she includes recipes!!
Old 09-18-16, 06:29 PM  
sherry7899

Muggle- I have read that whole series so far. Is the series done? I have not seen a new book in a long while.

Old 09-18-16, 06:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, interested in the Jersey shore themed series--is it North or South Jersey?

I have read a couple of Diane Mott Davidson's books, but I haven't really been able to get into them. I think they are a bit too dark for me rather than the "cozy" mysteries that I prefer...and the recipes always seem complicated!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 09-18-16, 06:50 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Muggle- I have read that whole series so far. Is the series done? I have not seen a new book in a long while.
The last one (that I know of) is "The whole enchilada". That came out in 2013. If you go to the website fantasticfiction.com. You can search books and series by author. From there you can find similar style/theme/genre of books. It's an excellent website!! Hence the reason i have over 90 books on my wish list at the library!
Old 09-18-16, 07:37 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks Muggle!

Beth- I think it was set around Point Pleasant? I need to check.

Old 09-19-16, 02:47 PM  
loulou

Quote:
Loulou- Brian Wilson's autobiography is coming out soon.

My dh ordered an autographed copy of Brian Wilson's book from Book Soup in Los Angeles. I can ask him for info if you want to surprise your brother. My dh also said Dean Torrance from Jan and Dean has a book out soon. Also- have your brother check out the band The Explorers Club. As a Beach Boys fan he should love them.

Sherry (resident Vf music geek )
Sherry-I PM'ed you.

Both Love and Wilson releasing Memoirs within a month of each other. It's getting very interesting.
Old 09-19-16, 03:46 PM  
sherry7899

Loulou- I will get the info from my dh and write you back tonight.

Tags
audiobooks, books, fall reading, kindle, reading