Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-16-11, 03:59 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhousegirl View Post
I'd take SNM's business practices any day over BeachBody's.
Yes, BB.com is the WORST!!!

To other comments

Let's just play Devil's Advocate for a minute here... Honestly how many instructors go outside of their niche?! Every popular instructor has a style, catch phrases, favorite exercises, cuing, etc. As a Vidiot, most of us understand that. So... the complaints that it's "just Cathe but with a twist" isn't a very good argument, grasping for straws at best. I'm not a Cathe Lovefester, far from it and my fitness preferences have gravitated away from her. However, I would hesitate to state or insinuate that Cathe is among the few instructors that does the same ol', same ol'. I mean really, that's not fair to say. Cathe drama aside, does what most do- she found her niche and her target audience, she plays to that strength quite well. If she didn't, she wouldn't be a Fitness Mogul.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Old 09-16-11, 04:05 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiva View Post
You said everything I thought in a nano-second without the work of writing it!

I've not been around that long, but long enough to read this same discussion several times. Since working out with dvd's for a few years I've not come across another instructor I like more then Cathe that offers such high quality versatile workouts. To me, its worth the wait. I suppose what's disconcerting is the inevitable bashing and when you like something, you don't want to see what you like constantly kicked around. There are plenty of instructors that are *darlings* on this board that I can't handle, but I'm not about to put them down either. I just don't read that thread. I can understand the idea of putting money into a presale and wanting the product in a timely matter, but if this is the norm, then figure it out already if its disappointing. No disrespect intended, but it makes sense to me from past history.
I know people have said that we can disagree or state our negative opinions of instructors as many times as we want. However, after a certain point, it really is useless. It doesn't do anything other than continue the negativity and comes off rather bitter. This is of course, my opinion. I got caught up at one point with the bashing and I am ashamed of that. But I also learned a lesson which was, as you said, I don't have to open a thread or respond. It's a choice and I chose happiness not chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Totally understandable.

I've made peace with my SNM issue and have moved on. I took a deep look at myself and didn't like what I was seeing here at VF. I was so bitter with the sound issue and Chris' response to me (it wasn't an attack on me personally, but their whole fan base) , that I kept bringing this issue up. For me, the horse is dead.

But I do want to address the SNM vs Beachbody customer service issue. Beachbody has ALWAYS made things right with me. ALWAYS!
Even if it took 2-3 times, and I never had to go through the hassle of returning a defective DVD.

Making peace is a good thing, as is moving on! One can only beat their negativity into others so long before it really becomes toxic. It's better to let things go then dwell on what you can't change.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Old 09-16-11, 06:00 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Well, I preordered at the last minute and I don't really care about clips. I guess I know from previous preorders (of which, I didn't partake), that this is the way it goes with Cathe. So, when I ordered, I basically forgot about it. When, it shows up, it will be a welcome surprise. I have plenty to keep me busy until it gets here. Plus, I felt that the price was great.
That's pretty much how I feel. I'm looking forward to receiving them, esp. b/c I need more low-impact cardio options, but I'm not chomping on the bit. I have more workout than i Have time to do anyway!
Old 09-16-11, 06:42 PM  
MKEMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiva View Post
You said everything I thought in a nano-second without the work of writing it!

I've not been around that long, but long enough to read this same discussion several times. Since working out with dvd's for a few years I've not come across another instructor I like more then Cathe that offers such high quality versatile workouts. To me, its worth the wait. I suppose what's disconcerting is the inevitable bashing and when you like something, you don't want to see what you like constantly kicked around. There are plenty of instructors that are *darlings* on this board that I can't handle, but I'm not about to put them down either. I just don't read that thread. I can understand the idea of putting money into a presale and wanting the product in a timely matter, but if this is the norm, then figure it out already if its disappointing. No disrespect intended, but it makes sense to me from past history.
ITA with this. This is my first preorder, of Cathe's or anyone's. I saw "estimated ship date", and without any past experience to go on, I assumed that "estimated" meant just that. I've never mentally held them to that date. Now that I've read more about it, it does seem weird that they repeatedly estimate ship dates that they have no way of meeting, but... *shrug* I don't know why it doesn't bug me, but it just doesn't.
Old 09-16-11, 07:05 PM  
wendy2

I guess the clip timing debate will be answered if they release clips the day after the DVDs ship. That would clearly indicate that they'd created the clips earlier and were just waiting to release them.
On the other hand, since they're done with the editing now and the DVDs are at the replicators (or whatever), I don't see why they can't devote some time to creating a few clips now.

I don't really care about clips, though they are fun to see. But I know that I liked the STS workouts a lot more than I thought I would from only watching the clips.
Old 09-16-11, 08:31 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I thought they filmed the workouts over a longer period of time than in the past. However, they apparently didn't do the dvd mastering and editing of all the workouts until recently. Maybe that's how their contracts were drawn up, but it seems that they could have mastered and edited each workout as it was filmed so they didn't have a such a big job towards the end.

I knew they'd be late when the didn't even film the cycling dvd until mid August during the roadtrip.
Old 09-16-11, 09:21 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
I guess the clip timing debate will be answered if they release clips the day after the DVDs ship. That would clearly indicate that they'd created the clips earlier and were just waiting to release them.
isn't that how it happened last series?
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
Old 09-16-11, 10:09 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEDEE View Post
I think that comes down to poor time management. She has had plenty of time to get some clips up. I don't know why but it seems like Cathe will throw a tentative date out for customers, then wait until the last possible minute to get started so if anything goes wrong or causes a delay, the date is missed. I don't think she needs to have filming done before giving a tentative release date, but she could at least have things scheduled. But hey, it isn't a Cathe pre-sale if there isn't some drama. :-)
I knew what I was getting into when I placed my order. This presale has gone by quickly for Cathe standards. STS and STS Cardio took nearly a year. She's two weeks not two months overdue. She seems like she's at least trying to do better, so I'll cut her some slack.

I bought this series without clips. That was my choice. But if Cathe says making clips would delay the project, I'd rather not have clips right now. I want my workouts. I understand others sometime need clips to make a decision, but I would prefer getting my DVDs sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
isn't that how it happened last series?
She did the clips shortly after they went to Sony. They were added to You Tube early October. I think you're remembering STS Cardio where they claimed they had no clips or time to make them, but the clips had already been added to YouTube when they said that.
Old 09-17-11, 06:45 AM  
jjarboe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post

Making peace is a good thing, as is moving on! One can only beat their negativity into others so long before it really becomes toxic. It's better to let things go then dwell on what you can't change.

This reminds me of something my sister says. "Get over it or die with a grudge."
Old 09-17-11, 08:09 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydogfan View Post
This is the perfect business plan. I wish I'd thought of it.

I get annoyed at how often SNM misses their deadlines, but I'm not sure if it's really annoyance or jealousy. If I missed my deadlines like that, I'd be out of a job. If I went to my boss and said that I was not going to make my deadline and that I had no idea when my project would be ready but I'd check in with him in two weeks to give him an update that it still isn't ready, I'd be in the unemployment line in a matter of seconds.
I wish I worked for SNM, where you have deadlines that you don't have to meet and there's no accountability for anything. It's always someone else's fault -- weather, injuries, replication process, yadda yadda. Plus, when you work for Cathe, you don't have to proofread what you write, and that sounds quite liberating.
I wonder if she's hiring.

Katie
Great post, Katie ! I want to work there, too!

I think that the lack of clips is simply due to the fact that there is a level of incompetence at SNM, which is the same reason for the delays in getting products released.

Tags
cathe, cathe low impact series, cathe preorder, cathe presale