Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-08-23, 05:28 PM  
ChelePA

If you liked the Knives Out movies, you might enjoy The Afterparty on Apple TV. Started off a little slow but overall my husband and I enjoyed it.
Old 04-28-23, 03:57 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Apologies for the old thread, but I couldn't find anything more recent than this one!

I've been enjoying the The Great British Pottery Show on HBO/MAX. I'm not into pottery in real life and have zero artistic ability, but it's really very similar to its Bake Show counterpart and I find it really relaxing and interesting. Baking It on Peacock has been fun, too.

I also really enjoyed America's Test Kitchen Next Generation on Freevee. Super fun and light! I also rewatched Jeff Lewis's Design show on Freevee (I can't remember the actual name of the show!), I so enjoyed that one!

The Knives Out movies are great!

I also finally saw Top Gun Maverick (not technically a "binge") and wished I'd seen it at the theater. It was pretty good!

I also liked The Recruit on Netflix, but didn't really dig Treason (kind of boring).
Old 04-28-23, 05:10 PM  
cttx31

Recently got 2 free months of Apple TV. I watched Dear Edward and absolutely loved it. It did not get renewed for a second season.

Almost finished with The Shrink Next Door and I am also enjoying it a lot!

Watching the new Jennifer Garner show The Last Thing He Told Me. Good but only 3 episodes in.

Carol T.
Old 04-28-23, 05:31 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I've been enjoying the The Great British Pottery Show on HBO/MAX. I'm not into pottery in real life and have zero artistic ability, but it's really very similar to its Bake Show counterpart and I find it really relaxing and interesting.
Thanks for mentioning this. I haven't heard of this show but it sounds like something I would really enjoy. I have taken a few pottery classes, but that was a long time ago. I enjoyed the several seasons of "Blown Away" on Netflix, which is a glass blowing sculpture competition. It's amazing the talent those artists have!
Old 04-28-23, 08:08 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Thanks for mentioning this. I haven't heard of this show but it sounds like something I would really enjoy. I have taken a few pottery classes, but that was a long time ago. I enjoyed the several seasons of "Blown Away" on Netflix, which is a glass blowing sculpture competition. It's amazing the talent those artists have!
That sounds so cool! Putting that on my list, thanks!

You'll dig the Pottery show, it's fascinating and overall just an enjoyable show. I have a new appreciation for pottery now!
Old 04-29-23, 09:17 AM  
warriorprincess

Just finished Picard, season 3, on Paramount+

If you loved Star Trek, The Next Generation, you must do yourself a favor and subscribe long enough to watch this. The first two seasons were good, but this season has all the old crew members and is everything that made the original series great. It made my heart sing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
Old 04-29-23, 10:39 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just started watching "survivalist" type shows. The first one was called Outlast, an 8 episode series on Netflix. It takes place in Alaska. Now, I'm watching Alone, so instead of working in teams (Outlast) you're all on your own. Very interesting shows. I have none of these skills, but it's good to know for people who are into the Outdoors and Backpacking, Orienteering, Mountaineering, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Foraging, etc.

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 04-29-23, 11:15 AM  
Leonana

I finally got back to Mrs. Maisel. I’m now on Season Four finale. This season didn’t seem as good to me, too much talking. But that’s what Amy Sherman Pallodino is best at, Gilmore Girls was similar. But sometimes she over does it. However, my daughter says Season Five is better.
Old 04-30-23, 03:43 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
Just finished Picard, season 3, on Paramount+

If you loved Star Trek, The Next Generation, you must do yourself a favor and subscribe long enough to watch this. The first two seasons were good, but this season has all the old crew members and is everything that made the original series great. It made my heart sing.
Argh…I loved Star Trek, TNG. I’ve had my eye on subscribing long enough to watch Picard. You may have just enabled me over the edge...

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, off topic, off-topic