Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 07-08-06, 01:23 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermitch
I just checked and I wasn't credited for my itread8 purchase that didn't work the first time nor did they add the corrected version back to my download list. I sent C.S. an email so I guess I'll see what happens.
Yeah, I emailed them earlier today - no response yet.
Old 07-08-06, 01:38 PM  
Heather_P

Some of the old workouts are missing. Is that always the case? For example, there is no iStretch Combination 4 or 7, and no iBallet 5.
Old 07-08-06, 01:48 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs
But it's good to know the new ones are up. Has anyone tried Istretch Combo 2? That's the one I don't have and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Why does she never change the yoga part?
So far the ones that look most appealing are: IBallet 8 and TriTraining. I was able to see a pdf of the new Isculpt traditional, and it looks good (very different and more full body than Grace's Isculpt traditionals).
I have done iStretch Combo 2 a couple of times and it's a solid workout. This one has the longest yoga segment (35:28) but there is only a single file for the core and floor work (15:42) - Core is 10:42 and Floor is only 5:00. It ends with a nice, long stretch (8:30). The moves are similar to what you find in the other iStretch Combos.

I saw the iSculpt Traditional pdf file too and was tempted to buy it but I did not click with the new trainer's accent. She seems to speak slowly and I am worried that it will take a long time to set up and explain the exercises. It's hard to tell from a short clip though so I will be looking forward to reviews on this one.
Old 07-08-06, 01:49 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather_P
Some of the old workouts are missing. Is that always the case? For example, there is no iStretch Combination 4 or 7, and no iBallet 5.
Heather, these workouts were never available - they just skipped a month.
Old 07-08-06, 04:25 PM  
ssgilby

iCombination 5

While I'm fresh off this w/o, thought I'd post a general breakdown.

Begins with yoga - about 22 min. Standard sun salutations and then some deeper hip opening work - side angle, crescent, crescent variation. Nothing too difficult, but Grace does make you hold the hip stuff a looooong time. You'll feel the burn in your hips and inner thighs.

Core section is the usual pilates stuff - roll ups, single leg lifts, double leg lifts, criss cross and then some oblique stuff while lying on your side and raising your legs. She ends the core section with a tough crunch-type section. You basically keep your shoulder blades off the floor the entire time as you tuck, do little lifts and holds. I think it's about 2.5 minutes, and you'll feel a deep burn in your abs.

Floor work is glutes and outer hips/thighs. There is a long-ish section where you're on your tummy doing prone leg lifts - knees bent, foot flexed, pulsing up toward the sky. You do several reps, hold up and then do another set of reps. Grace then as you keep your foot flexed, knee of the ground but she has you move your knee out to the side a bit and you repeat the same exercises. She says it hits the part where the glutes meet the hamstrings, and I believe her! My legs were shaking!!!

She ends with a stretch - double pigeon, staff pose, etc.

All in all a good w/o, and I loved the floor work. I think the "thutt" (where thigh meets butt) area doesn't get worked enough.

Shelley G.
Old 07-08-06, 07:35 PM  
Heather_P

Question: how dorky am I for putting my iTrain pdf files in plastic sheets so I can keep them in a binder???
Old 07-08-06, 07:47 PM  
ssgilby

You're not dorky! I salute you!!!! I haven't printed mine because my color ink cartridge is out on my printer. I usually pull them up on the computer and scan them quickly before I go downstairs to do my w/o. Half the time, though, I'm wishing I had a visual, and more than once I've paused Grace to run upstairs and look on the computer. NOT very efficient! LOL!

Shelley G.
Old 07-08-06, 07:59 PM  
Heather_P

Did anyone download iBallet 8? The pdf didn't work the first time I downloaded, so I just did it again (as I am effectively laminating the instructions for all my new workouts ) and at the top it says Month 6. Is this just a mistake?
Old 07-08-06, 08:02 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
Question: how dorky am I for putting my iTrain pdf files in plastic sheets so I can keep them in a binder???
That's hot! I'm moving in less than three days but I think I'll keep that in mind for later on in the week!
Old 07-08-06, 08:02 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Did anyone download iBallet 8? The pdf didn't work the first time I downloaded, so I just did it again (as I am effectively laminating the instructions for all my new workouts ) and at the top it says Month 6. Is this just a mistake?
I downloaded it, and mine says Month 6 at the top as well. It's definitely the right one (as they seem to have changed the formatting this time around with the pdf files).

Tags
everything, isculpt ballet, itrain, pretzel