Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-22-05, 05:54 AM  
akaAnnie

I am no expert and I've only briefly looked at these but my impressions:

The first DVD is the instructional plus workout. There are three people exercising including Sylvia Lampe who is obviosly in excellent shape. What is a little daunting(to me) is that Sylvia's legs are shaking...I guess this kind of exercise never gets easy. It is chaptered by "section"-I think there are 16-17 sections.
The second DVD has two people exercising. It seems to be very well chaptered by body part.
The third DVD also has two people exercising. This is the mini workout DVD. I don't know how many exercised repeat from the other two DVD's but it was made separately-the set is different(it's not just bits taken from the other two).
The movements appear to be like Callanetics but the exercises themselves are different-in my brief glance through I only saw a hip exercise that was anything like the Callanetics one(and they seemed to be doing something a little different with it). There is much more upper body work.
Tracey said these were what she used to study from for her certification. They are workouts and not just instructional but they are also NOT a glitzy party in a box. No one will tell you you're having fun. If you have to have excitement and high production values these probably aren't for you.
I'm really excited about these but please keep in mind that I'm weird and have low razzle dazzle needs: I'd still be doing T-Tapp if it weren't for the back pain.
Ann
Old 12-22-05, 06:38 AM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie
I am no expert and I've only briefly looked at these but my impressions:

I'm really excited about these but please keep in mind that I'm weird and have low razzle dazzle needs: I'd still be doing T-Tapp if it weren't for the back pain.
Ann
Ann, what's the problem with Ur back and T-T ?
T-T delivers what it promises but it is definitely NOT a big fun ... anyway when I want better arms or slimmer waist and I want to be good I do it because of the results !
Old 12-22-05, 07:04 AM  
akaAnnie

Results vary with T-Tapp and I was one with extremely slow results. On several occasions I did something to my back and ended up in a lot of pain for a long time and I just can't go there again.
Ann
Old 12-22-05, 07:24 AM  
spacecandy

Does a person have to have a special program installed to play DVDs on the computer? Or can you just pop in the dvd and it'll play?
Old 12-22-05, 10:33 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by editstein
Ann, what's the problem with Ur back and T-T ?
T-T delivers what it promises but it is definitely NOT a big fun ... anyway when I want better arms or slimmer waist and I want to be good I do it because of the results !
I agree....t-tapp is effective but it is sooooo boring! Yuck! I'd rather be a size bigger than to do those workouts ever again.
Old 12-22-05, 10:37 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecandy
Does a person have to have a special program installed to play DVDs on the computer? Or can you just pop in the dvd and it'll play?
You need special software to play dvd's. They even have different sites online that you can buy it from. You can also put them in your computer and use special codes to get it to play through your tv. I actually just remember this. I did this before a few times when I didn't have a dvd player to play the dvd's on my pc then it would transfer to the tv. I'll include the instructions below. My ex told me how to do it and I haven't done it since I bought my dvd player over a year ago. I hope it works for you guys and sorry that I didn't think of it before.

1. Set video resolution to 800x600
2. Set video quality to medium 16bit
3. Click on the advanced button
4. Select the S3DUOVue tab
5. Put the check the TV button
6. Hold down the Fn button and hit the F7 key

Reverse the process to change the video back the original settings.

Edited to add that you also have to connect it to the tv but I forgot what connects to what. Sorry...
Old 12-22-05, 01:50 PM  
akaAnnie

I just put it in the dvd player on my computer and it played on my computer.
Ann
Old 01-03-06, 05:06 AM  
rebeccar

Hi everyone. I don't know whats classed as up to par (just new to VF) but I know the spiral callanetics videos i use are good. the results are way beyond my expectations. i run and swim and generally keep fit but i toned up incredibly quickly with callinetics. i'll stick with them forever, never seen anything work so quickly or so well. hope that helps.
Old 01-03-06, 06:23 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccar
Hi everyone. I don't know whats classed as up to par (just new to VF) but I know the spiral callanetics videos i use are good. the results are way beyond my expectations. i run and swim and generally keep fit but i toned up incredibly quickly with callinetics. i'll stick with them forever, never seen anything work so quickly or so well. hope that helps.
Thanks for your input! Have you ever tried the regular Callanetics? I do the Quick's and AM/PM mostly. I also have Super Callanetics but it is too difficult right now. How does Spiral Callanetics compare to these workouts?

Windy
Old 01-05-06, 09:54 AM  
spacecandy

Ok anymore reviews from the ones that can play the dvds on their computer?

What about the book? Is it any good and can you get a good workout with it? Does it come in English?

Tags
callanetics, wcl, world class legs