Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-09-15, 11:48 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakko View Post
That is good news! I'm so happy for you, Sherry.

My package made it to my local post office. It should be delivered tomorrow. (knock on wood)
Thanks, Dakko! I am so glad the package did not get lost. I hope your package is delivered tomorrow.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 12-10-15, 07:58 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

In my area, I see UPS is now using 2 people per truck. I also saw help-wanted ads for the role of that 2nd person. They don't have to drive; they're called a "driver helper". Looks like they basically are the "runner" - taking the package to the door, while the driver pulls the next package, scans it, and turns the truck around, etc. Probably also saves time in that the driver doesn't have to turn the truck off and re-start it at each stop.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
Old 12-11-15, 04:09 PM  
cfwb

In contrast, a post office success story: I had a media rate package mailed from PA on a Saturday delivered to Spokane, WA the following Tuesday. The following week a regular first-class package took only 2 days to get there from here (mailed Saturday, delivered Monday). All within the past 2 weeks!
Old 12-11-15, 04:45 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Well, that resolve didn't last long. I had to order something for DH for Christmas!
This order came the next day via UPS.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 12-12-15, 07:32 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
This order came the next day via UPS.

That's great Alta!

the two day Priority Mail package that was sent on 12/4 finally arrived yesterday! The fed ex ground package that was shipped on 12/1 arrived on 12/10. That shipping was pricey, so I am really not happy it took so long.

Our mail delivery is weird. Some days we are getting mail twice a day. I don't understand our mail carriers.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 12-12-15, 09:40 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I haven't done any shopping online this year, which is the first year in many that I'm doing all my shopping in stores. I know so many people who have had their orders messed up. One friend ordered a Secret Santa gift for a co-worker from Amazon, and when the co-worker opened the box, it was empty. I guess with all the rushing, mistakes are made. My friend was pretty embarrassed, lol.
Old 12-12-15, 03:55 PM  
jenn38

USPS and the powers that be have screwed the mail royally in some areas. Here in the northeast being one of them. As they have decided to close processing facilities this takes extra time for people to get packages. It's very sad. Mail that used to take 1-2 days now ends up taking a week or more.

And this time of year we have even more packages. The carriers in my area work 7 days a week to deliver packages and some offices have people who come in early to do just packages. This is why you may see a mail carrier twice some days. Or get a package very early in the morning or very late in the day.

I hope everyone gets their packages in time for Christmas or any other event that they need them for.
Old 12-12-15, 06:42 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I'm still in a holding pattern with both Amazon and USPS, and it's been over two weeks since I placed my last order. I will no longer be choosing "free shipping". Out of 15 items (Christmas presents!) that I placed in mid-November, I still only 5 of them thus far, and that's with 13 days until Christmas... not happy!
Old 12-12-15, 08:09 PM  
LoveVA

Here's a good one. I just checked my tracking on an order from Amazon shipped via USPS. Apparently, the package is being forwarded to a different address supposedly at my request. I did not request any forwarding and Amazon has no record of any such request. Great.
Old 12-12-15, 08:23 PM  
firmaniac

My brother is a stressed out longtime USPS techician at a processing center. As more and more smaller processing centers are closed, more items get routed to him and other major centers. Your mail now goes in the most convoluted zig zag lines to get to final destination - it is insane. I can send a package from Oregon to New Jersey in three days start to finish (I live very near a processing center in Portland). BUT if I send something (even a card) to CA or the Southwest? 7-9 days. It goes anywhere but near where I want it to go. He and is fellow workers are so overwhelmed with extra parcels due to the FedEx smartpost stuff and have folks using unmarked personal cars trying to get the mail delivered. It is a deep unfixable mess at this point. He knows how many people hate the USPS, and doesn't share where he works when asked. I personally buy stamps, send cards, and hopefully use them for shipping for my business needs in confidence but not with high expectations of speedy results.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM

Tags
online shopping, shipping, usps