Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-19-11, 11:30 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Thank you for answering! I'm fairly new to Cathe - I've only been doing her workouts about a year and a half. This is the first time I have seen the presale stuff - I think I was around for the other one but not enough to actually preorder. Interesting . . sounds like a nice guy .
your avatar makes me smile every time i see it!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
Old 08-19-11, 11:38 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
your avatar makes me smile every time i see it!
Hee hee! Thank you! I like yours too! It makes me feel young!
Old 08-19-11, 12:33 PM  
DEEDEE

It appeared as if Cathe's last presale and so far this one have gone pretty smoothly. Maybe she is trying to make a few changes for the better, only time will tell.
Old 08-19-11, 01:35 PM  
kat_b

As a total derail: did something happen to Chris?

One of the times I "dropped in" on the road trip feed the group was forming a heart and taking a photo and there was a comment (I think it was Cathe talking) about it being in memory of Chris, who [paraphrasing] worked for SNM and many people may know through the forum.
Old 08-19-11, 01:40 PM  
Buttercup

Well, I kinda got screwed two ways by RKS. First, I was one of the very first to order, even before anyone else in the huge thread. Before they shipped the product, I heard on this forum that they were giving a discount. I had to threaten to cancel the order to get them to agree to give me back the discount (since they hadn't even shipped it several days after I ordered I felt like this was fair).

Then, a little while later they offer the free kb. Now, I understand that prices and deals are not written in stone, so I'm not really mad, nor did I complain, but I will never ever be the first to order from RKS in the future. Yeah, they made good on the discount, but I doubt they will send me a kb now. You simply did not get a better deal ordering early with them and if I hadn't heard about the discount they never would have made good on it (they certainly did not contact me). I will tell everyone to wait a while to get a better deal if RKS ever offers a new product. I don't dislike RKS for this but it is the truth that the better deals come later with them. Now, Cathe actually gave a great deal for ordering early on.

BTW, I didn't preorder Cathe, I might buy 2 of the DVD's later on if the reviews are good, but even at the great prices I just wasn't interested in all of them.

Also, I've never really had any problem with any company over dvd's with the exception of RKS so quickly discounting a package and then I had to go after them to get the difference. I've also have not ever ordered something from someone where the deal changed so quickly after the product came out like with what happened with RKS. I didn't get the Urban Rebounding stuff, but completely understand the frustration and disappointment when the new deal (a free rebounder) came out so quickly on the heels of the dvd's being initially released.

I think there was also an issue with Peak Fit discounting the price of the package quickly, so if I order her stuff I will wait until any offering has been out for a few months to make sure the deal doesn't get better. At least with Cathe you got a reward for ordering early. These others are penalizing if you order early. It is making me really rethink how I purchase items since it is happening more and more.

And, finally I have to give major props to Amy Bento who sent me a replacement dvd even though I never contacted her because the initial ones worked fine for me. She is definitely a class act.
Old 08-19-11, 01:50 PM  
jacmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
As a total derail: did something happen to Chris?

One of the times I "dropped in" on the road trip feed the group was forming a heart and taking a photo and there was a comment (I think it was Cathe talking) about it being in memory of Chris, who [paraphrasing] worked for SNM and many people may know through the forum.
That's a different Chris.
Old 08-19-11, 02:14 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I also was surprised to that there was only 1 poster that express disappointment about RKS
Oh, I'm very disappointed (ticked off, whatever) but this seems to happen to me everytime I order a set lately, so I guess I was just too tired to bother carping about it this time.
Old 08-19-11, 02:35 PM  
noraW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Oh, I'm very disappointed (ticked off, whatever) but this seems to happen to me everytime I order a set lately, so I guess I was just too tired to bother carping about it this time.
Glad I'm not the only one, I'm really disappointed as well!
Old 08-19-11, 03:24 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraW View Post
Glad I'm not the only one, I'm really disappointed as well!
Yeah, that annoyed me too how RKS gave us all the free ship/10% off, then offered the same product free to the world, guess we were not all that special after all . But my own fault I guess for not waiting when I really did know better, but in my case, I really needed the 16 more than anything, so in a way it's a toss up for me, it would have just been an extra, but still would have really like the blue one too.

Very good point above, Cathe's presales do reward the early adopter, where many others seem to be penalizing those of use who give them a chance early on. I could not believe the drop in peakfit, but at least they did refund the money to everyone who ordered at the much higher price.
Old 08-19-11, 04:23 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I also was surprised to that there was only 1 poster that express disappointment about RKS, I got the new deal as a Bday gift, it was a really good deal and the Kbell was shipped free of chg. What I've learned about business nothing is in stone. Years ago when I first got TJ DVDs was all BB gave you with this system, fast forward now you get tubing, weight gloves etc. So it's a business and they do what they feel is necessary to get more sales, hopeful the whatever is necessary is ethical business practices. I only have 1 Cathe DVD and I really like it. If there is a company that I question their business practices than I don't do business with them, or I'm caution if I do. That being said I do feel everyone is entitle to their opinion. The bigger question is why do the same people keep buying from her if they're having issue with Cathe/SNM??
I would have been livid if I had ordered RKS and then they turned around and offered a free kettlebell!

This seems to be the norm lately. Amazon is famous for dropping their prices on items. Nothing gets me angrier than buying something and Amazon dropping the price within 30 days. They will not credit you either. For clothing, I will return it and rebuy the item since it's free shipping and free returns.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008

Tags
cathe, cathe preorder, cathe presale