Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-11-14, 07:44 PM  
daisyduke

Thanks for posting that info kim. Please keep us posted on your thoughts as you go along.
Old 04-11-14, 09:02 PM  
that_tori_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post

The first few minutes have NO music and it was starting to freak me out but then background music started.
I did the Gentle Balanced Flow and the music situation is the same -- nothing for the first few minutes.

I forgot to look at how long it was because I was soooo relaxed at the end.

I'll post some more thoughts later on as DH just got home and I need me some dinner so we're heading out.

Initial impression is this set is gonna rock my world if the rest of the practices are as great as the Gentle Flow.
Old 04-11-14, 09:15 PM  
NotThatGirl

For those who have done it- I could handle UY for the most part (I can't think of anything specifically that I struggled with). If I can do that, do you think doing the easiest modification Vytas offers that I can do this program too? I've wanted it since I learned about it but held off just because I wanted to hear about it first from all of you. I wouldn't call myself advanced but I am not a beginner either.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-12-14, 08:24 AM  
Mickey12

To NotThatGirl, I can only comment on the Hips Class, and I had the same apprehension that you have. The Hips class sort of reminded me of Eionn's yoga in that he always has at least one pose that I can't do - usually with some binding or a pose requiring a lot of upper body strength and balance. I just stay at the original version of the pose when he goes further.

That's how Hips was except there may have been 2 or 3 poses that he took further that I just couldn't do.

I'm hopeful that the other practices are about the same difficulty, but I don't know from personal experience yet. There was another VFer whose name I forget that had the downloads for a few months. I asked her the same question you asked and she basically reassured me that if you can handle UY, you can handle most of Vytas's classes with definitely room to grow.

I really like the vibe Vytas gives so I'm really happy I got these.

Kim
Old 04-12-14, 10:38 AM  
Orlita

Thanks for the reviews. I just ordered this and UW365 for 35% off at the UW365 site. Love the look of these, and the quality production. Hope they help me get my butt back in gear.

What was the preorder price?

Also considering the $9/month subscription.
Old 04-12-14, 10:57 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita View Post
What was the preorder price?
It wasn't discounted for preorder. I preordered at $100, then cancelled at some point, then preordered again for $60 when they had a 40% off code. I get free shipping because I am a Udaya member - I honestly don't use the streaming classes very much but they are very very good, I just have too many DVDs and live classes to get around to the streaming very often

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 04-12-14, 11:26 AM  
Orlita

Thanks, Laura.
Shipping was free for me today. Maybe another special deal.
Old 04-12-14, 12:59 PM  
sherry7899

Orlita! I am so glad to see you posting again

This set is too advanced for me, but I am glad for those who are enjoying it.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-12-14, 04:44 PM  
Orlita

Hi Sherry! I've been out of the loop for a while, but still working out. It's fun to see all the names I remember from here -- and some new ones, too.
Old 04-12-14, 07:09 PM  
Mickey12

I did Gentle Balance Flow short and sweet tonight. It's only 19 minutes, Vytas alone and no music. The lack of music in this one didn't bother me as much as my fear of no music in the hips practice. I guess when I'm doing a more active practice I notice the dead silence more acutely and I realized I don't like it at all.

I liked the short and sweet class, but it didn't seem like anything special. He did the usual sort of stretches, overhead shoulder stretch, forward folds, pigeon, lying straight leg stretches, spinal twists, etc. I felt sort of rushed and if it was maybe just 10 minutes longer and he held each pose just a little longer, it would have felt better. He even says at the end that he kind of rushed through it because of the time frame.

Kim

Tags
deepen your practice, udaya.com, vytas, vytas baskauskas