Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-18-16, 07:19 PM  
desderata

Quote:
Truth be told, I am doing great now. I look at where I am today, and where I was at this time last year, and it is truly a miracle. Christmas came early for me - I got the gift of good health!
I'm very happy for you. Depression is a very hard battle to fight - I'm glad you are happy and doing well.
Old 12-18-16, 11:11 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Which drug chain sells Thayer's alcohol free witch hazel? All I ever see, if I can even find any witch hazel, is T.N. Dickinson's at CVS.

I use the Paula's 2% BHA and it's running out so was just about to ask if there was a drugstore version but sounds like no. I may check the SkinBiology website to price compare. I used their LacSal, mixture of AHA and BHA, for years.
I meant to tell you I had been using Paula's 2% BHA for years and just got tired of paying $29.00. I saw the Alba Botanica Natural AcneDote Astringent which is very similar - 2% BHA and a clear liquid. It's much less expensive. It does have willow bark which gives it a strong odor and initially I found the scent off putting. But as it turned out the scent did not linger on my skin nor did it last long. I'm about half way through the bottle now and the odor is gone. So far I like the Alba Botanica AcneDote as well or better than Paula's Choice. In fact I just picked up a second bottle on sale.
Old 12-19-16, 06:19 AM  
donnamp

Paula - thank you! I am going to give that BHA you mentioned a try. I really like Paula's, but it is pricey!
Old 12-20-16, 12:01 AM  
Leonana

Genevieve, I'm glad you are doing well now, and that you are having a great Christmas.

I use Alpha Skincare AHA, retinol, moisturizer, and sunscreen on my neck. I haven't seen results yet, but hope springs eternal, lol. I like CeraVe's Skin Renewing Cream Serum, which has retinol in it. A popular Beauty You Tuber, Angie/HotnFlashy said it made a difference on her neck. I have recently ordered a retinoid from The Ordinary Skincare. I like their other products, so am hoping this one has good results.
Old 12-20-16, 12:08 AM  
Leonana

A cheaper alternative than PC is the lactic acid from The Ordinary. Once I run out of my 2% BHA, I'm going to try that one. I've heard lactic acid is not as strong as AHA and BHA, but it's supposed to be more gentle. Their 10% Niacinimide is supposed to be good for acne. I might try that one also.

Tags
beauty thread, paulas choice