Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-02-24, 09:58 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

What I find interesting is that there are members here who have not paid and yet can still post and access their messages. Others of us immediately lose our ability to post and check messages unless we pay. I just find that interesting.
“My life wouldn't be easier if I were thin. My life would be easier if this culture wasn't obsessed with oppressing me because I'm fat. The solution to a problem like bigotry is not to do everything in our power to accommodate the bigotry. It is to get rid of the bigotry.”- Virgie Tovar
Old 01-02-24, 10:36 AM  
Leonana

Gemini, it is weird. My membership lapsed and I still have my avatar.
Old 01-02-24, 11:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Alta, I don't think you are the heartless bad guy. You are the one expressing most everyone's opinions. You are the one risking the "shaaaaaame on you!! you should be grateful!!" type messages on the GD.

I do think everyone's opinions are valid, including the people that are "angry, bitter, resentful, sad, hurt, disappointed, or feeling abandoned in response to Wendy’s absence." I think it's everyones right to feel all of those feelings, and no one said they are walking around their daily life holding onto these feelings, however when they get on VF, they do feel these feelings. It's OK.

I hopefully am not afraid to voice my opinion on this. I know in the past I've been batted down for not being sunshine and rainbows, or for liking Tracy Anderson (can you feel all the air being sucked out of the room by the righteous indignation of TA haters??? ) No one should feel sorry for anyone else in this thread, more we should offer support for each other.

I am a little frustrated at Karla casually throwing in that she was messaged by wwwendy, then disappearing and not providing details. It's been a few years since everyone has been wondering where she is, whether she even is alive, and yet, there's a "she's good. She was in touch with me. Trust me. Bye." However if she doesn't want to provide details, that's her choice. However, since you threw that out there, I'm just saying. it's out there. Give us some details.

I guess I am thinking if people are so afraid of being called out and slapped down for being disappointed in Wwwendy, or worried about the site that they are PMing someone on the board instead of voicing their opinions, there's a problem with the responses to the opinion. That's my two cents, run me through the meat grinder as you want.
YES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Well I asked because I wanted to know if it was actually Wendy (via email) or whether it was through VF (potentially someone else now using Wendy's account.)

I think it's pertinent given Karla's made a statement that has caused assumptions she wants others to trust that 'wendy is fine.' I didn't want people unnecessarily sad trusting information without fact checking.

I'm kerfuffled as to why I should not get an answer to that question?

I'm not asking for any other information than that and certainly don't even want the substance of the conversation.

What's wrong with giving an answer to the question, Dabbadoey?
YES!!

People want information on the site. Not personal information. I think just a short basic statement about the forum would stop all the speculation and comments. It's seriously not a lot to ask especially when many people have paid to be members.
Old 01-02-24, 01:55 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Well, Buzzer, since you quoted my words without quoting me directly, I feel your comments are directed at me, even if obliquely. I think you have seriously misinterpreted my feelings of concern and TBH, I think you have misunderstood what I intended to be a main point of my post.

I never said that people’s feeling aren’t valid and if that is what you think I meant, that’s not the case. I also feel some of these feelings, and add anxiety to the mix because, well, the uncertainty that hangs over this forum is real. I’ve been a member for many years—less than some, more than others—and also have an investment in this community. I’m a fairly frequent poster, and greatly value the knowledge and friendships I have gained from VF, including Alta. I think it is unfair for you to imply that I am telling her she should be ashamed of her feelings, if that is what you meant by your post. I hope that she knows better, as I think she knows me better than you do.

I don’t know what people are feeling about this forum when they aren’t actively reading or posting, and neither do you. I never said folks are walking around in their daily lives obsessed with or thinking about this forum. I have no idea how much mental energy anyone is devoting to the topic.

My basic point was that IMHO we could have 1,000 threads that express our feelings about Wendy and the continued existence of the forum, but IMHO (my opinion only), they don’t impact what the end result will be. I can sense the hurt and pain in some of the posts, and in my way I am trying to ease that pain, not minimize the importance or validity of the feelings.

I regret it if people interpret disagreement or an alternate viewpoint as meaning that it isn’t okay to post your opinion. I think I’m old school in that I appreciate a discussion, a kind of “back and forth” where we talk about the different things we like or don’t like without judgment. That’s my approach when I post, but I could be alone in that.

Buzzer, if I have misinterpreted your post, please feel free to respond back. I hope that we are having a dialogue rather than an argument. It’s far too easy to misunderstand what we have written or read too much into others’ posts.

Fitboop, thanks for your post. I think you hit a key point—the uncertainty about where this forum is going is definitely anxiety provoking in my case. I would love to see an “announcement” post that gives us all some sort of answer from Wendy, even if it’s an “I don’t really know what I want to do” post (which in the back of my mind I think is the case—only speculation).

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 01-02-24, 02:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

It really is about, hey TELL us.

Even if it is an announcement thread locked with no replies allowed but just tells us what we all would like to know...

What or who is in charge....and what is their intent with this forum.

Not unreasonable to ask...or to expect an answer. ¯⁠\⁠(⁠°⁠_°⁠)⁠/⁠¯

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 01-02-24, 02:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
it really is about, hey tell us.

Even if it is an announcement thread locked with no replies allowed but just tells us what we all would like to know...

What or who is in charge....and what is their intent with this forum.

Not unreasonable to ask...or to expect an answer. ¯⁠\⁠(⁠°⁠_°⁠)⁠/⁠¯
I agree! Funny, I can’t edit to show ITA in all caps as a standalone response. Maybe it’s too short.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 01-02-24, 02:39 PM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Well, Buzzer, since you quoted my words without quoting me directly, I feel your comments are directed at me, even if obliquely. I think you have seriously misinterpreted my feelings of concern and TBH, I think you have misunderstood what I intended to be a main point of my post.

I never said that people’s feeling aren’t valid and if that is what you think I meant, that’s not the case. I also feel some of these feelings, and add anxiety to the mix because, well, the uncertainty that hangs over this forum is real. I’ve been a member for many years—less than some, more than others—and also have an investment in this community. I’m a fairly frequent poster, and greatly value the knowledge and friendships I have gained from VF, including Alta. I think it is unfair for you to imply that I am telling her she should be ashamed of her feelings, if that is what you meant by your post. I hope that she knows better, as I think she knows me better than you do.

I don’t know what people are feeling about this forum when they aren’t actively reading or posting, and neither do you. I never said folks are walking around in their daily lives obsessed with or thinking about this forum. I have no idea how much mental energy anyone is devoting to the topic.

My basic point was that IMHO we could have 1,000 threads that express our feelings about Wendy and the continued existence of the forum, but IMHO (my opinion only), they don’t impact what the end result will be. I can sense the hurt and pain in some of the posts, and in my way I am trying to ease that pain, not minimize the importance or validity of the feelings.

I regret it if people interpret disagreement or an alternate viewpoint as meaning that it isn’t okay to post your opinion. I think I’m old school in that I appreciate a discussion, a kind of “back and forth” where we talk about the different things we like or don’t like without judgment. That’s my approach when I post, but I could be alone in that.

Buzzer, if I have misinterpreted your post, please feel free to respond back. I hope that we are having a dialogue rather than an argument. It’s far too easy to misunderstand what we have written or read too much into others’ posts.

Fitboop, thanks for your post. I think you hit a key point—the uncertainty about where this forum is going is definitely anxiety provoking in my case. I would love to see an “announcement” post that gives us all some sort of answer from Wendy, even if it’s an “I don’t really know what I want to do” post (which in the back of my mind I think is the case—only speculation).
Wasn't directed AT you. You just used the words and I didn't want to retype them. Didn't even think about your name associated with them. No hard feelings, just my opinions.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-02-24, 02:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Wasn't directed AT you. You just used the words and I didn't want to retype them. Didn't even think about your name associated with them. No hard feelings, just my opinions.
Okay, good deal—thanks for responding. That’s what we are all here for—to give our opinions! I guess I got an opportunity to clarify some things that maybe I didn’t say very well

Old 01-02-24, 03:56 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Alta, I don't think you are the heartless bad guy. You are the one expressing most everyone's opinions. You are the one risking the "shaaaaaame on you!! you should be grateful!!" type messages on the GD.

I do think everyone's opinions are valid, including the people that are "angry, bitter, resentful, sad, hurt, disappointed, or feeling abandoned in response to Wendy’s absence." I think it's everyones right to feel all of those feelings, and no one said they are walking around their daily life holding onto these feelings, however when they get on VF, they do feel these feelings. It's OK.

I hopefully am not afraid to voice my opinion on this. I know in the past I've been batted down for not being sunshine and rainbows, or for liking Tracy Anderson (can you feel all the air being sucked out of the room by the righteous indignation of TA haters??? ) No one should feel sorry for anyone else in this thread, more we should offer support for each other.

I am a little frustrated at Karla casually throwing in that she was messaged by wwwendy, then disappearing and not providing details. It's been a few years since everyone has been wondering where she is, whether she even is alive, and yet, there's a "she's good. She was in touch with me. Trust me. Bye." However if she doesn't want to provide details, that's her choice. However, since you threw that out there, I'm just saying. it's out there. Give us some details.

I guess I am thinking if people are so afraid of being called out and slapped down for being disappointed in Wwwendy, or worried about the site that they are PMing someone on the board instead of voicing their opinions, there's a problem with the responses to the opinion. That's my two cents, run me through the meat grinder as you want.
Whaaaaaa??? You like Tracy Anderson?????

That's it! "WWWendy" must lock this thread!

(It used to be the "WWW" in WWWendy meant "World Wide Web."

Now it means, "Who? What? Where?")

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 01-02-24, 04:49 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Whaaaaaa??? You like Tracy Anderson?????

That's it! "WWWendy" must lock this thread!

(It used to be the "WWW" in WWWendy meant "World Wide Web."

Now it means, "Who? What? Where?")
I think When matters more to me!

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, vf site issues, wendy, wwwendy