Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 07-28-23, 01:56 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I loved Beastmode in her app!
Is the Beastmode in her app different to her Beastmode playlist on YouTube? I may work my way slowly through as many of her playlists as I can, before getting her app. I'm not sure. I'm looking mostly for straight weights, no jumping around, etc.
Old 07-28-23, 05:42 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Nice to know that Caroline has a beginner program in her app.

Carol
Old 07-29-23, 06:24 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Is the Beastmode in her app different to her Beastmode playlist on YouTube? I may work my way slowly through as many of her playlists as I can, before getting her app. I'm not sure. I'm looking mostly for straight weights, no jumping around, etc.
They are similar in that each exercise is done for (4) rounds. But if it’s a left/right exercise it’s alternated twice.

The app Beastmode program is (10) weeks long whereas the You Tube program is (3) weeks. I did both and I think I enjoyed the app version better. She put in more variety and staples in that one which made time go by faster.

But give the You Tube Beastmode a try! You’ll get a feel for what the app version is like. I find that I have to go a little lighter on the weights when it’s for (4) rounds, but it really fatigues the muscle group.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 07-29-23, 06:26 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Nice to know that Caroline has a beginner program in her app.

Carol
Yes! And she talks and coaches through that one, unlike her other programs. I’ve previewed a couple of the workouts but haven’t tried one yet. She still gives the written breakdowns on each one so you know what’s coming! It’s a six week program.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 07-30-23, 03:38 AM  
Negin

[QUOTE=Kathy G;300539give the You Tube Beastmode a try! [/QUOTE]
I will!
Kathy, thanks so much for your helpful feedback.
Old 07-30-23, 05:18 AM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Kettlebells

I joined Lauren’s playground last year and have been enjoying the wide range of programs Lauren offers with kettlebell training - different than straight-up weight work a la Cathe et al, but finding it to be functional strength that is good for me as I get older….I’ve also used Ben Patrick’s program (the knees over toes guy) since I have exceedingly crappy knees and that has improved lower body strength and mechanics a lot - I subscribed for a few months and don’t any longer, but still incorporate that training for overall lower body health….fun thread!
Old 07-30-23, 07:13 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yes! And she talks and coaches through that one, unlike her other programs. I’ve previewed a couple of the workouts but haven’t tried one yet. She still gives the written breakdowns on each one so you know what’s coming! It’s a six week program.
I noticed it was 3 workouts a week (and maybe moving to 4 workouts a week at some point) - do the workouts vary during the week?

Carol
Old 07-30-23, 11:34 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I’ll be a broken record and say KALEIGH COHEN, lol. I wish I’d made a note of when I started her workouts, but I’m sure it’s been a couple of years since she became my mainstay. Occasionally, I try something new…but I always come back.
I've never tried her strength stuff since there are so many other options but love her for spinning.
Old 07-30-23, 12:29 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I noticed it was 3 workouts a week (and maybe moving to 4 workouts a week at some point) - do the workouts vary during the week?

Carol
The first four weeks are (3) total body workouts per week. The other two weeks are (2) upper body and (2) lower body per week.

All of the workouts are different workouts (in that they are each filmed individually) and look to have different exercises or sequences. So no repeating workouts each week. It’s like her other programs in that she varies exercises, timing, sequence, etc. HTH. It looks very user friendly and well done.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 07-30-23, 12:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
The first four weeks are (3) total body workouts per week. The other two weeks are (2) upper body and (2) lower body per week.

All of the workouts are different workouts (in that they are each filmed individually) and look to have different exercises or sequences. So no repeating workouts each week. It’s like her other programs in that she varies exercises, timing, sequence, etc. HTH. It looks very user friendly and well done.
Thank you Kathy for the review. Once I am ready to up my game, so to speak, I may check her out. Right now, she is way out of my league.

Carol

Tags
caroline girvan, favorite instructors, justina ercole, sydney cummings, youtube strength