Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-30-22, 03:38 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
She seems more approachable than Caroline Girvan so I'd like to give it a whirl.

For those of you following the program. If you fit in cardio, how do you do it? Do you do it before or after her workouts. I know that if I lift heavy (for me) that I don't have much energy left for a good cardio workout. I find I need cardio, not just for my body, but to clear the cobwebs out of my head.
I work a part time job from 10:00 to 2:00, five days a week. I'm on my feet and walking for about three and a half hours during those days. That's my cardio, although it's not high intensity by any means, but I'm finding it really effective. I do the Lift with Cee workout after I get home.

I've been doing only two Lift with Cee workouts per week, along with a longer Jessica Smith strength workout on the weekend. I'm starting to see some nice toning in my abs and arms. But I'm sure the walking I do in my job is contributing to that too.
Old 10-30-22, 09:07 PM  
SEV

Sherry, your job sounds great! The hours and activity would be my ideal job. 8 months out of the year I only work two days a week, but am stuck at a desk most of the time, I work full time the other 4 months.

Susan
Old 10-31-22, 02:04 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I think the best option is alternating cardio and strength days. Perhaps with the 20 min workouts (and 4 min are warm up) before would work as a warm up. That's how I did it. Right now I'm getting less cardio in and put it wherever I can.
Yes I probably will have to alternate. I simply don't have the stamina to do both on the same day. One or the other gets shortchanged.
Old 11-02-22, 11:35 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV View Post
Sherry, your job sounds great! The hours and activity would be my ideal job. 8 months out of the year I only work two days a week, but am stuck at a desk most of the time, I work full time the other 4 months.

Susan
Thanks! I work at a school watching the kids on the playground and in the cafeteria. I will have time off in the summer, holidays and breaks. It can be stressful at times, but I like the hours and the exercise, and connecting with the kids.
Old 11-06-22, 03:41 PM  
Vantreesta

Looks like the next video is up.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-07-22, 01:18 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'm confused on where to start with her workouts since she doesn't number them. Also when and how often does she drop new ones?
Old 11-07-22, 08:39 AM  
Vantreesta

I wish she numbered them too. I think the playlist is in order of when she posted them so that's how I will be doing it. I'm not sure about how often she's uploading.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-13-22, 06:33 PM  
Gibbee

Vannie: Hi! She indicated that she will release one new 20 minute full body workout per week. Each week she will post a new weekly rotation option that you can do as it is posted or click on the resort and it will rearrange the video links for you. It’s on YouTube under the playlists tab. She should post this next week’s rotation tomorrow I think?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 11-13-22, 09:35 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Vannie: Hi! She indicated that she will release one new 20 minute full body workout per week. Each week she will post a new weekly rotation option that you can do as it is posted or click on the resort and it will rearrange the video links for you. It’s on YouTube under the playlists tab. She should post this next week’s rotation tomorrow I think?
Thanks, Gibbee!

Does that mean I've missed her rotations from the previous weeks of this program?

Old 11-26-22, 07:34 PM  
tiletha444

Cee is going to number the workouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I'm confused on where to start with her workouts since she doesn't number them.
I also wish she would number the workouts. I try to keep track of the weights I use and the exercises, but it is difficult when there is really nothing to reference each workout.

I decided to reach out to Cee and ask if she could number the workouts. I shared that myself along with other folks on Video Fitness Forum would benefit from the numbered vids. I was happy when she replied! She said she would add them and try to find a way to incorporate the number into the thumbnail.

Cee had nothing but great things to say about VF! She thinks we are awesome and knows that many people found her via the Lift With Cee thread.

I am a new subscriber to Cee's channel. She is a very kind-hearted woman. I expressed my appreciation for her time, expertise, and all she does to provide great (and FREE!) workouts for the home exerciser.

Tags
20 minute wokouts, 20 minute workout, 20-minute workouts, fitbymik, lift with cee, over 40, senior strength training, short strength workouts, youtube, youtube instructors