Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-22-10, 02:54 PM  
antbuko

I've never posted to a Share the Wealth thread for that reason. If there's something I can't sell or give away here I donate it.
Old 09-22-10, 03:39 PM  
upperwside

I love trading. Everyone has been so nice! I have had 2 trades never come and i let them keep the DVD's i sent... one i was sure was sent as she is a nice and an active member and trader. The other is a mystery.. but i still trade.

I do not care if the case is a mess as long as the DVD plays fine.. that is all i care about. I have traded DVDs with dog and baby chew marks on them haaaa.. but i let the person i was trading with know. I also do not mind if people do not get back to me about a trade offer.... if i do not hear back in a few days.. i guess they are not interested and move on.

I have had a few VERY strage request.. but i just in a polite way say no...

Happy trading!
Old 09-22-10, 03:45 PM  
TLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit View Post
I'm pretty sure this just happened to me, and yes, it's annoying.

What also annoys me is when I post someting in share the wealth and get multiple requests. Then I give it the the 1st requestor only to be told days (and sometimes weeks) later that they changed their mind and no longer want the DVD - after, of course, I've deleted all the other requests. Then I have to go through the whole process all over again. That's happened to me quite a few times.

Maybe were talking about the same requester. I had a SASE requested, no postage came, I was lucky enough to have the original PM - so I asked do you still want it - she acted like she did - again - no postage. Just tell me you don't want it already.
Old 09-22-10, 07:19 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I've never posted to a Share the Wealth thread for that reason. If there's something I can't sell or give away here I donate it.
I thought Share the Wealth was giving it away here.
Old 09-22-10, 08:27 PM  
CharM

I love Kath's notes on her swap thread:

Quote:
NOTES
• My items are all legitimate, with both discs and cases in at least good to very good condition (see Amazon’s guidelines), although I can't promise all will be like new; they play without problems, are scratch-, smudge-, & mark-free (unless otherwise noted), and come with original covers. I’m looking for similar in return. Just please no cracked and/or seriously scratched discs, because I won't be able to play them in my main player.
• I’ll trade multiples for your higher priced and/or harder-to-get and/or heavier item and as noted. I’m willing to entertain other reasonable offers, too.
• I live in the U.S. I love trading internationally.
• I ship within a few days of confirming the trade via 1st class USPS – although heavier items go parcel post – with delivery confirmation upon request. I don’t have special preferences except a heads up if you’re on a different timeline (my mail carrier will thank you for those extra few days of reprieve from my stalking him ). Also let me know if you have any special communication requests. I'll try to work with you the best I can.
I know that some of you think we shouldn't have to go through all the trouble of listing these things, but it makes for a smoother trade. I do think if you want to mention that you're not picky or fussy, feel free to do that, too!

Maybe antbuko doesn't participate in the official STW threads, but tries to give away when she sees someone's wish list or someone mentioning how she'd love to her her hands on a particular dvd?
Old 09-23-10, 05:08 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
I thought Share the Wealth was giving it away here.
What I mean is, if you and I were having a conversation here and you mentioned that you wanted a video and I offered it to you, as opposed to submitting a share the wealth listing and having to keep track of who claimed what, etc.
Old 09-23-10, 05:10 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post

Maybe antbuko doesn't participate in the official STW threads, but tries to give away when she sees someone's wish list or someone mentioning how she'd love to her her hands on a particular dvd?
Yes...something like that. I do give videos away, just not in STW.
Old 09-23-10, 05:30 AM  
Pippadog

Hi

I trade from the UK and find nearly all my traders excellent. I love trading on here. Everybody is very honourable and courtious. When I first started trading I offered to send my dvds first and when the trader received mine and was happy with it, then they could send their dvd to me. I think it was a confidence thing and I wanted to make sure people realised that I was an honest trader.

I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank everyone whose traded with me.

Thanks again

Laura
Old 09-23-10, 05:59 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
<snip> we are such an instant, gotta-have-it-now society these days, it's almost uncivil. <snip>
This is one reason why I don't trade - I'm just too far away. I received my pre-order Amy Bento DVD's TODAY! Can you imagine how long someone would be waiting for a trade from me, especially if I waited to recieve my end first!?!

When BUYING second hand from the Yas, I'd ask for surface post to keep the cost down, especially when it was VHS - we're talking TEN WEEKS some times!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-23-10, 08:17 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
This is one reason why I don't trade - I'm just too far away. I received my pre-order Amy Bento DVD's TODAY! Can you imagine how long someone would be waiting for a trade from me, especially if I waited to recieve my end first!?!

When BUYING second hand from the Yas, I'd ask for surface post to keep the cost down, especially when it was VHS - we're talking TEN WEEKS some times!!
Even living in Canada shipping can take a long time - or what seems a long time to people who aren't used to it. I didn't realize how quickly mail moves around the US until I traded with someone during the wintertime. We were both on the east coast and there was a series of huge snowstorms that I guess slowed things down so it took over 3 weeks for her to receive the trade (I received the DVD from her in around 3 weeks). While I waited paiently, my trading partner started sending nasty PMs accusing me of not sending the item off a little after a week had gone by. She didn't apologize when it did arrive. That was really stressful, and turned me off trading for quite awhile. However, when I did return, before any trade is confirmed I tend to warn people that "shipping times from Canada are unpredictable. While my trades usually arrive within 1 1/2 to 2 weeks, occasionally they can take 3 weeks or more. This is true of shipping from US to Canada, as well." Once forewarned, I've never had anyone back out of a trade, or had any complaints or accusations. Most people are very patient so long as they know what's going on - communication is key.

Tags
trade, trade courtesy, trading