Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-11-23, 03:57 PM  
donnamp

I don't plan to leave VF either - I do understand the frustration with what feels to be a neglected forum but I am not necessarily "mad" about it or mad at Wendy about it. It is what it is. But i do think that if enough people leave or no longer "support" VF we will hasten its demise.

There do seem to be "work arounds" for the things that are failing and we also don't know what Wendy's situation is -

I know nothing about this sort of thing but I would be willing to learn to keep VF going.

Donna
Old 06-11-23, 04:02 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

VVfer, I in no way intended to diminish or minimize people’s feelings about the forum, and if I did so I apologize. I also have an emotional connection to VF, but I’m sad, not angry. We are all different, and it’s all okay. But, I can’t compare my other bills to what I’ve paid to VF as a Supporter, as it is a minimal amount as opposed to, say, any of my utility bills, groceries, internet, telephone, etc. I think I have gotten my money’s worth from it up to now. My renewal doesn’t come up until October, so I will see where we are at that point. This is just MHO.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 06-11-23, 07:36 PM  
fatkat555

I will continue to post here as long as I’m able; however, I’m going to check out the TF forum. I feel like it might be a good spot to land if this site becomes unusable. I used to support VF, but left for a significant time (raising kids). Now that I’m back more, I’d consider re-upping my support IF I knew the site was being managed.

I came here after the old Firm Sparklist group was no longer. I lurked for a long time before I joined.

I don’t know what’s going on in Wendy’s personal life, but I imagine that managing a board with the autobot issue would be exhausting and expensive. Perhaps the subscription should be mandated in order to post? Just spitballing ideas…

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 06-11-23, 11:38 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Although my join date says 2003, I was using VF back in 1998 to search up reviews for Firm and Cathe workouts, and gaining so much knowledge and a feeling of acceptance for my interest in home exercise when very few gave it the respect it deserved. I don’t post much, but I come to this sight daily, often multiple times a day. It has been a constant in my life for over 20 years, and the thought of it ceasing to exist feels like one more scary/disappointing/confusing change in our world that is sometimes almost unrecognizable now.

I’ve read here and there on the forum that many of our long-time members have volunteered to take the reins and make improvements to the site. If that were to happen, I would be more than happy to pay a yearly membership.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
Old 06-12-23, 01:30 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I used to be a supporter, but stopped about 1 1/2 or two years ago when I felt like we were abandoned. If she pops up and suddenly starts making moves to keep the forum going, I'll re-subscribe. Otherwise, I will not send even $20 into a void.
Yes, this is similar to me also. I stopped supporting after the pandemic, since I wasn't in a good place financially. Even though, things are better now, thankfully, I don't know exactly what I'll be paying for.

I just signed up to tapatalk. I'll also sign up to Mary's. I hate Reddit, but would go in that direction if needs be.

I hope that things improve here. I joined later than everyone else, 2011. Someone really kind, and I wish that I could remember her name, from the Collage forums told me about these boards, and I came over right away. I remember her profile picture, but not her name. She was from Santa Cruz, I believe. I have learned and benefited so much. I can't imagine these forums and friendships going.
Old 06-12-23, 12:46 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcritters View Post
WWWendy's last visit to VF was 5/31/23. Why didn't she post something to let us know what's going on? I guess after all the years of supporting this forum we don't matter anymore.
I'm not sure that it was Wendy. She may have given her login info to someone else to do minor maintenance.

I love VF and, unlike it's captain, will be going down with the ship!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-12-23, 01:18 PM  
ChelePA

I’ve only been a member for six years. I read the forums while I waited to join. Requested multiple times. It took over six months -maybe longer-to get approval. I was so happy when I could finally post. It’s amazing how a social media platform could have such a positive impact on your life. Everyone is so knowledgeable and I’ve made some incredible friends through this site. Hoping things continue to function for many more years.

Tags
abandonware, internet archive, tapatalk, vf roost, vf site issues