Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-29-20, 08:33 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
In "This Is Us," at one point the young Rebecca is planning to work out to a VHS tape (I don't know which), and urges a preteen Kate, who is struggling with her weight, to join her.
I tried to figure out which instructor they were using and could not tell.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-30-20, 10:07 AM  
VainJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I tried to figure out which instructor they were using and could not tell.
I remember the scene you guys are talking about. I don't know which instructor it was, either, but I know it was an early 90s flashback ('92/'93), and it looked like a standing workout with no step or weights.
Old 05-05-20, 11:57 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

In an episode of Chicago Fire, Joe, one of the firefighter was a Zumba instructor. One colleague found it out when she went to take a class, he didn't want the others know about that, but at the end all of the team went to take a class, it was hilarious.

Janelle from Kettlebell Kickboxing, was at the very beginning of one episode of Bull, I think she was doing some biking and Kettlebell swings for a few seconds, I think she got killed, that part wasn't shown though.

And on Shameless, one of the Callager (I think it was Fiona), was watching Janaa and her Figure 8 fitness workout on t.v.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
Old 05-15-20, 06:40 PM  
sherry7899

I am watching the show Once and Again ( any other fans?) and Sela Ward's character Lily is eating donuts while watching a yoga video it looks like a release from Living Arts which became Gaiam.

Old 05-15-20, 06:44 PM  
sherry7899

On the show "Mom" the character Marjorie does Jazzercise workouts.

Old 05-15-20, 08:17 PM  
anetta

The Goldbergs Beverly (the mom) power walks. I think she uses heavy hands in some.

They also show an old Schwann exercise bike in the basement. It is the same one I used to have(and wish I still did&#128530.

Anita
Old 05-15-20, 08:33 PM  
Sissy B

American Housewife has a character in the first couple of seasons named Viv, who Katie calls “Two Fitbits”. She wore two Fitbits, one on each wrist, and was always trying to get Katie to exercise. And Katie did a Zombie Run in one of the early episodes.
Old 05-16-20, 06:35 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Exercise in movies are fine also.
The movie Roadhouse!

Swayze does tai chi shirtless (one of my personal highlights of the film) and the girlfriend to the antagonist does some sort of calisthenics to music.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 05-16-20, 07:20 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

The grandma and Young Sheldon were working out to someone on the TV when I was flipping through channels the other night.
Old 06-22-20, 11:02 PM  
Sissy B

DH & I were watching "Dead in the Water", an episode of Midsomer Murders from series 8 today. It takes place at a rowing regatta and towards the end of the show when Barnaby & Scott are questioning one of the persons of interest in the background is a booth for Concept 2 rowing. I've seen this episode several times and never noticed this until today.

Tags
home exercisers in movies, home exercisers in tv