Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-20-10, 06:40 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Hej, you're right, but I do recall Cathe.com mentioning that it helps them if people buy Cathe's stuff direct, so it behooves them to be a little more customer-friendly.
It behooves ANYONE who sells ANYTHING to be more customer-friendly. I do agree, however, that eating in excess of $200 in order to satisfy a customer is a tall order, especially from Cathe's company since they seem to get away with all manner of customer service blunders, because she's that good. I'm not a fan so I personally don't get it.
Old 03-20-10, 08:20 AM  
wisperofsummer

Not buying anything new ever

Thats where I am at. Not buying any new Cathe products ever. I cannot support a company that treats their customers the way I have been treated. It just encourages them to continue. If my past shopping habits have been anything to go on they will lose a lot more than 200.00 from me in the long run.

Since this whole thing has happened my treadmill and I have gotten to know each other again and I have started PX90 for the 1st time. I just ordered some Amy Bento workouts as I have been reading good things about her here. I am finding I am enjoying my workouts more by shaking it up a bit. I had not realized what a rut I had gotten in by only using one instructor for all these years.

Looks like I may have saved the treadmill from the garage sale. Hubby was seen muttering last night "just when I think I can get rid of the monstrosity, she starts using it again" .

At this point I cannot even do the DVD's I have already paid for. Hopefully I will get past this point as I have almost every DVD she put out. Either that or look for me on the trading board in a couple of months.
Old 03-20-10, 08:50 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisperofsummer View Post

At this point I cannot even do the DVD's I have already paid for. Hopefully I will get past this point as I have almost every DVD she put out. Either that or look for me on the trading board in a couple of months.
You know, STS left such a bad taste in my mouth that I ended up selling all but the HIIT (and that might hit the block soon). I've also sold off every Cathe that I didn't really and truly love, and am left with old friends I keep returning to.

I remember when she was injured and never said anything (was that right before the Hardcore Series?). I got disgusted as well. That's when I discovered a lot of good instructors out there in the world. I'd suggest you put away your Cathes for a while and see who else interests you. Amy is a good one, I really like her.
Old 03-20-10, 09:03 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
I believe they are now starting to pay the price. That post card I got in the mail about the San Diego weekend sure does indicate that their road trips just aren't going the way they expected.
What did the postcard say, out of curiosity?
Old 03-20-10, 09:23 AM  
ooty

wisperofsummer: Since you saved your treadmill, I think you should buy Cardiocoach http://www.cardiocoach.com. Their customer service is BEYOND AWESOME!
Old 03-20-10, 10:08 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Thats where I am at. Not buying any new Cathe products ever. I cannot support a company that treats their customers the way I have been treated. It just encourages them to continue. If my past shopping habits have been anything to go on they will lose a lot more than 200.00 from me in the long run.

Since this whole thing has happened my treadmill and I have gotten to know each other again and I have started PX90 for the 1st time. I just ordered some Amy Bento workouts as I have been reading good things about her here. I am finding I am enjoying my workouts more by shaking it up a bit. I had not realized what a rut I had gotten in by only using one instructor for all these years.

Looks like I may have saved the treadmill from the garage sale. Hubby was seen muttering last night "just when I think I can get rid of the monstrosity, she starts using it again" .

Hold on to your Cathe DVD's and enjoy new finds. Amy is a favorite of mine. I couldn't enjoy my Cathe workouts for a while b/c of one psycho fan who attacks, lies, and is completely rude and gets by with it all the time on Cathe' forum and this fan has a small following herself and it blows my mind b/c no one would put up with her antics in say a work environment. But I'm back to enjoying my Cathe workouts and I'm glad I didn't get rid of them. I'm also glad that I now enjoy a much greater variety of workouts and Cathe is no longer on my must preorder list. I think this particular CS issue would be more understood if the correspondence with the customer made the customer feel more valued and if they didn't have such a poor CS reputation over more minor issues.
Old 03-20-10, 10:29 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Angela, I could have written your post. I let one Cathe fiasco ruin my taste for her workouts and I didn't do a single Cathe workout for about 2 years. Now I'm back to doing some of her workouts. I still have a hard time when a certain poster swoops in every single time to defend SNM's actions, but I learned to not let it get to me.

It does sadden me to see the OP morals and ethics be questioned. I honestly do not blame the way you are feeling right now.

There are a lot of good companies out there that do the right thing. Perform Better is one of the best in customer service.

I bought an:
Equalizer
from them and the holes didn't match up on one of the units, so I couldn't get the screws in. They sent me out a new Equalizer and told me to keep the first one. When my dh came back from his trip to CA a couple months later, he fixed the first Equalizer and now I have two.

I have other companies who have made right on their oops on their end. Even though BB gets a bad rap, they have always made right on defective DVDs and up until the CLX mess, you never had to return your defective DVDs.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Old 03-20-10, 10:47 AM  
Hej

Quote:

I want to apologize if what I said upset you.

I do understand how you feel about Cathe products as a result of this customer service incident. There was another instructor whose DVDs I really enjoyed who I absolutely could not stand the sight of for a while after a certain incident with one of her employees. I was really, really upset over it, though I did eventually get so I wanted to do her workouts again...

It sounds like you're enjoying and benefitting from other workout options now as a result of this whole thing. That's a bit of a silver lining, anyway. I really like Amy Bento personally, and P90X is a great series. All the best.
Old 03-20-10, 11:52 AM  
kali1

If businesses like Mary weren't around and all we had, in regards to buying Cathe products, was Cathe.com, I really doubt Cathe would be where she is today. They certainly wouldn't be where they are based on their customer service practices.
Old 03-20-10, 12:20 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Ya know, Cathe.com SUCKs and they always have.
I stopped ordering from SNM six years ago. I have saved myself a lot of money and a lot of grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
It behooves ANYONE who sells ANYTHING to be more customer-friendly. I do agree, however, that eating in excess of $200 in order to satisfy a customer is a tall order, especially from Cathe's company since they seem to get away with all manner of customer service blunders, because she's that good. I'm not a fan so I personally don't get it.
Cathe is no longer the Queen of Fitness. There are so many other great fitness choices. She still acts like the Queen, though...

Quote:
I said the same thing in 2004:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ht=order+Cathe

SNM sucks!

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
cathe.com