Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-05-23, 10:19 AM  
Izzy

Jeans have never fit me right. When I was in high school in the 1970's I wore the men's levi's. I am high waisted (sits literally on my rib cage), larger hips and thighs, short torso, and the jeans were always too long. I hate the high waisted anything these days because it's like wearing a girdle for me (remember those?). I lost a considerable amount of weight and jeans still do not fit right. I prefer the lower waist ones which hit me just above the hips but they don't make too many of those anymore.
Old 12-05-23, 10:25 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
For the past decade my go to for jeans are Ann Taylor and Talbots. I always buy on sale which is frequently. I have quite a few pairs . I wear them to work on Fridays and when we go out to dinner.

I have two pair from Old Navy that have to be 10 years old maybe older now. I got them on a recommendation that I read on VF. They are fine for running errands on the weekend, but I would never wear them to work.

I wash all my jeans inside out and line dry them….they seem to last forever that way.
For some reason I never tried out Ann Taylor jeans. Their work pants fit me pretty well, so I don't know why I never tried their jeans. I may have to do so. Don't fret about those Old Navy jeans. I used to swear by the Old Navy Sweetheart jeans, but they have changed the cut and they no longer fit me well anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Jeans have never fit me right. When I was in high school in the 1970's I wore the men's levi's. I am high waisted (sits literally on my rib cage), larger hips and thighs, short torso, and the jeans were always too long. I hate the high waisted anything these days because it's like wearing a girdle for me (remember those?). I lost a considerable amount of weight and jeans still do not fit right. I prefer the lower waist ones which hit me just above the hips but they don't make too many of those anymore.
I don't like the high waist or the low rise lol! Mid rise all the way for me. High waist feels like it's sucking in my abs too much and low waist is butt crack city.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 12-05-23, 10:46 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I like Jag Jeans and NYDJ, but those are more expensive.
One item in my try on were JAG jeans, but I decided to get rid of them (luckily they were from Goodwill, so not pricey). They were actually a pull on pant that was denim-like but a kind of odd yellowish/khaki/tan color. Although they were pull in, the elastic waist was stiff so not really comfortable, the fabric felt too heavy, and they were too long. Also b/c the waist band was wide (which I generally like), I thought the back pocket were way too low, making my butt look saggy - anyone else have this issue with back pockets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
My favorite jeans are jeggings or straight leg. Talbots makes a lot of styles in all sizes. Also, White House Black Market makes nice jeans that are flattering. I wear petite sizes, which are hard to find in jeans. Nordstrom has Wit & Wisdom jeans, which are really flattering, and come in a lot of sizes. Macys has jeans in their own brands, Style & Co. and Charter Club, and they’re nice and well-priced. I like NYDJ too, but they are sometimes too long for petites (even in petite sizes).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
For the past decade my go to for jeans are Ann Taylor and Talbots.
I don't shop at any of those stores but will have to look for those brands at Goodwill!

I wash my jeans inside out too (in fact, I wash most things inside out these days). But everything goes into the dryer at my house!

Actually, I've read that you don't need to/shouldn't wash your jeans that often:
https://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fa...-to-wash-jeans

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 12-05-23, 04:48 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
For some reason I never tried out Ann Taylor jeans. Their work pants fit me pretty well, so I don't know why I never tried their jeans. I may have to do so. Don't fret about those Old Navy jeans. I used to swear by the Old Navy Sweetheart jeans, but they have changed the cut and they no longer fit me well anymore.

I don't like the high waist or the low rise lol! Mid rise all the way for me. High waist feels like it's sucking in my abs too much and low waist is butt crack city.
My favorite Ann Taylor jeans are mid rise boot cut.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
Old 12-06-23, 09:11 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I found a pair of Code Bleu at Goodwill, and they fit really well. I see they are at Dillard, but after my Goodwill price, I was like ouch! I need to check eBay.
Oh, I know, but I hadn't shopped in a l-o-n-g time and I was desperate, so I decided to treat myself. The original price on the Tommy Hilfigers was also more than I usually spend, but they were greatly reduced for Macy's Black Friday sale (which started on the Wednesday before, when I was shopping). I think I spent no more than $35 on them, but can't remember the original price.

Donna
Old 12-06-23, 09:31 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
Oh, I know, but I hadn't shopped in a l-o-n-g time and I was desperate, so I decided to treat myself. The original price on the Tommy Hilfigers was also more than I usually spend, but they were greatly reduced for Macy's Black Friday sale (which started on the Wednesday before, when I was shopping). I think I spent no more than $35 on them, but can't remember the original price.

Donna
$35 is a good price. The Code Bleu was $59, and I think I might treat myself to a pair. Kicking mysel for possibly missing a Black Friday sale! I did buy my St. John’s Bay jeans new a year and a half ago. Back then I got them on sale for about $22. Then I gained weight, but I can still squeeze in to a couple of them!
Old 12-06-23, 09:34 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
One item in my try on were JAG jeans, but I decided to get rid of them (luckily they were from Goodwill, so not pricey). They were actually a pull on pant that was denim-like but a kind of odd yellowish/khaki/tan color. Although they were pull in, the elastic waist was stiff so not really comfortable, the fabric felt too heavy, and they were too long. Also b/c the waist band was wide (which I generally like), I thought the back pocket were way too low, making my butt look saggy - anyone else have this issue with back pockets?

I don't shop at any of those stores but will have to look for those brands at Goodwill!

I wash my jeans inside out too (in fact, I wash most things inside out these days). But everything goes into the dryer at my house!

Actually, I've read that you don't need to/shouldn't wash your jeans that often:
https://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fa...-to-wash-jeans
I read the article on jean washing, and they recommend five to ten days. Since I work in them outside, I’m uncomfortable with that. Although, I only wear jeans from November through March, so I don’t sweat much. It’s just the idea of them not being clean! I’ve been wearing them twice before washing lately.

I wear capris in October and April, and shorts the rest of the year. So, my jeans are washed five or six months out of the year. Maybe that will keep them new. I have to remember to turn them wrong side out.
Old 12-06-23, 10:31 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I read the article on jean washing, and they recommend five to ten days. Since I work in them outside, I’m uncomfortable with that. Although, I only wear jeans from November through March, so I don’t sweat much. It’s just the idea of them not being clean! I’ve been wearing them twice before washing lately.

I wear capris in October and April, and shorts the rest of the year. So, my jeans are washed five or six months out of the year. Maybe that will keep them new. I have to remember to turn them wrong side out.
Both Big Bubble and Tiny Bubble, although messy like tornadoes around the house, are absolutely meticulous when it comes to their clothes. They both requested that I wash their clothes after only wearing them one time. Jeans, tops, etc. They treat them like towels. The washing machine never stops running around here.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 12-06-23, 11:01 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Both Big Bubble and Tiny Bubble, although messy like tornadoes around the house, are absolutely meticulous when it comes to their clothes. They both requested that I was their clothes after only wearing them one time. Jeans, tops, etc. They treat them like towels. The washing machine never stops running around here.
I bet!
Old 12-06-23, 11:41 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I have largely given up jeans due to this perimenopause weight gain directly in my waist. Literally all my weight is there, with thinner legs. The only jeans I currently like are Signature by Levi's curvy boyfriend straight cut on Amazon (very stretchy).

I have also resorted to mostly elastic stretch waist pants and capris. I like Baleaf on Amazon, lots of good colors.

For dress pants, the Rekucci pants on Amazon work for me since they are stretchy too.

I only wear sports bras now since they are constantly swelling. I used to love Moving Comfort Fiona bras, but now I just live in New Balance Shockingly Unshockingly bra.

Sigh.

Tags
jeans, off topic, off-topic, pants, sizes, work pants