Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should we transition the non-forum part of the site or keep it as is?
Lift and Shift: keep VF as a Legacy site 42 63.64%
Transition: Move VF into a modern CMS 24 36.36%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-24, 12:05 PM  
suzanne63

Hi I voted to keep VF as a Legacy site. Thank You Wendy for making this board.It is very special to me.
I still have and keep all my old Collage Catalogs too from many years ago.
Old 02-13-24, 02:45 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I honestly never thought the majority of current VF members were even aware of the other parts of VF besides the Forum and the Reviews. It's been many, many years since anything there has been updated. Not sure it would be worth doing whatever is required to save those sections.

If the team does decide to do away with those parts, I would like to pull some of the fitness trip photos for myself - for old times sake.

I didn't vote.
I can't decide!

I echo the gratitude to those taking on this task. Thank you!

I'd hate to lose the Reviews (Old and New) or the old posts.

Joni, didn't there used to be an old "Desert Island Videos" section? Where folks put the one video they couldn't do without?

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-13-24, 04:21 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I can't decide!

I echo the gratitude to those taking on this task. Thank you!

I'd hate to lose the Reviews (Old and New) or the old posts.

Joni, didn't there used to be an old "Desert Island Videos" section? Where folks put the one video they couldn't do without?
Yes! Desert Island Videos!
Old 02-13-24, 05:28 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I voted for lift and shift because it seems like an easier option without all the extra work involved with a new CMS. At least that's my understanding of the situation. I never used anything other than General Discussion and the Challenges and Check-ins forums so if we only kept those, that would be ok with me, but I understand others may want to keep the legacy forums.
Old 02-14-24, 08:15 AM  
moonbeam31

The forum is all that is needed. I want to say trading too, even though that seems to be coming to a close .
Old 02-16-24, 03:17 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Desert Island Videos is still there--it's listed under "Features."
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
Old 02-16-24, 03:25 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

I haven't voted yet but am wondering if there are any plans to update some of the older sections. For example, we may use workout logs more compatible with current software, and if we get new members, presumably some of the younger ones may have newer thinking, experiences, videos, and other resources to reinvigorate the pregnancy section.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
Old 02-18-24, 02:54 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I would like to see the forums and the reviews transitioned to a new format. Once the forums are moved and new members are able to join, there will hopefully be more interest in adding reviews.
Old 03-20-24, 09:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

One (minor) issue I'm having with VF the past few days is that I can't seem to stay logged in. I did change my password, but I've always saved my password to my browser before, and that allowed me to be automatically logged in on each visit. That's not working now - it's not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it.

I didn't vote in the poll because I'm not sure what option is best. Is there more info about what it would mean to do one versus the other? In the end, I trust the group doing the updates to make the best decision!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 03-20-24, 10:02 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
One (minor) issue I'm having with VF the past few days is that I can't seem to stay logged in. I did change my password, but I've always saved my password to my browser before, and that allowed me to be automatically logged in on each visit. That's not working now - it's not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it.

I didn't vote in the poll because I'm not sure what option is best. Is there more info about what it would mean to do one versus the other? In the end, I trust the group doing the updates to make the best decision!
Beth, if it makes you feel better, I've also had the log in issues now for weeks. Not a big deal at all, but I can't stay logged in for anything either. I just figured it's a side effect of all the work going on behind the scenes and will resolve eventually.

I also haven't voted yet because I too am unsure what option would be best/easiest for those doing the work. And that being said, I also want to give a huge heart-felt THANKS to those taking on this project.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.

Tags
vf future, vf hall of fame