Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-04-13, 08:59 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm in two:

The Crone Cronies group is very chatty and generates lots of messages every week. When I'm busy in real life, I post my workout and tell everyone to have a good day. When I have the time, I respond to those that there's something to say to. People in the check in pretty much post like they want. It's a wild and crazy place where people know each other, are very supportive, and where you never know what will come up. Right now, we're talking Droid phones and tablets (along with workouts, of course ).

Your Personal Best is sort of at the opposite end of the spectrum. The small group of people post when they can, sometimes drop out for awhile and come back. Since the stated goal of this check in is to support each other in our own personal goals, there's quite a bit of support there.

Whenever I try to add a third check in, I just can't do it. I end up dropping out of it and I feel really pressured for time. So, I guess 2 is my number. I don't lurk in check ins; I spend all my check-in time with my two groups.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Old 01-04-13, 09:57 AM  
sciencelady

I'm in one currently - Crone Cronies.

I participated in Heavy Lifters, but that seems to have died out (and I don't like talking to myself ). I've also participated in short-term challenge check-ins like the 200 swing/day challenge that usually runs in Feb - that's usually a "done for the day" level of check-in - no chat.
Old 01-04-13, 10:26 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I belong to 2 on VF and 1 on Cathe's site. I used to do 2 on Cathe's site but had to pare down a little. Hehe I love the check in's and have gotten to know some amazing ladies.
Old 01-04-13, 10:28 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I do one check in-the Kettlebellas.
Wasn't there another kettlebell-related check-in? That seems to have died out too.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Old 01-04-13, 10:52 AM  
iheartsts

I'm in just one. I joined the one where you just list your workouts all in one place for January. So far, it is keeping me accountable.

I'd like to join another one, but I'm such a thread-killer, I would hate to kill a check- in!!!! (guaranteed, this will be the last post in this thread!!!!)
Old 01-04-13, 12:36 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Denise - just so you don't get a complex.
Old 01-04-13, 12:45 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I've been in 1 for almost 2 years and have gotten to know the other ladies very well. Over time a few members left unfortunately and a few new joined and somehow I just don't have the energy anymore to keep up with everyone. I guess sometimes it's just time to move on? [Every once in a while I do pop in to say 'Hi' though! ]

I've recently joined a new check-in and I really look forward to get to know the members there. I enjoy that we're all focusing on the same style of workouts!
I've tried joining the new 2013 challenge Leslie one too, but got quickly overwhelmed. 1 is the magic number for me as my online time is limited as it is.
I never lurk in other check-ins..

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 01-04-13, 08:03 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Wasn't there another kettlebell-related check-in? That seems to have died out too.
I think you are right but I never got into that one for some reason and like you say I think its gone now. Come on over to the Kettlebellas if you are interested.

Leslie
Old 01-04-13, 08:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I'm in two:

The Crone Cronies group is very chatty and generates lots of messages every week.
My one and only consistent check-in Barefoot & on the Mat but I admit to lurking on Crones and Cronies now and then , and they are an awesome group! (And Laura S. was my especially awesome Secret Santa ). I wish I had more online time to join in.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
Old 01-04-13, 09:32 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I'm in two check-ins that I love. I think there are other check-ins that I would also enjoy (this forum has so many wonderful people!) but I don't have the time for it. Sometimes it's hard keeping up with the two check-ins that I'm in already so adding more check-ins would make it more time consuming and difficult.

Tags
check in, check-in, motivation