Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-20-23, 12:39 PM  
AnMrsDe

Bex, Even though you're not around this month, we are still thinking about you and wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I didn't realize you share a birthday with my great niece! Hope it's a great day and you're enjoying your month off posting!

I've been having trouble logging onto VF today, anyone else? It seems it takes forever to load...I printed out my log for this month just in case I have issues again...

Waves to all~~~ Have a great weekend!
Old 05-23-23, 06:47 AM  
T2B

Bex - I hope you had a fantastic birthday and that you're doing fine!

AMD - My DVDs are scheduled to arrive on Thursday! I'll probably try a few short premixes next week and then do a rest week, then start a rotation the week after that. . I know Cathe is not going to release the User Guide until the workouts are posted On Demand but she'd make my life easier if she would just go ahead and release it so I can print it, in color, when I'm in the office. During the last round of my big declutter, I found a binder of never used protective sheets. I had to do the roll eyes because I had gone to Walmart the week before and bought 50 sheets.

Occasionally, I get that random 'we've reached capacity' message when visiting VF.

Fonzie - big Congrats on finishing STS.

ASAS - I want a flexibar. Looks great, but what is it supposed to do? Its it like a body bar, or more of a PT type thing? I

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 05-24-23, 11:21 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, Bodyblade (US) and Flexibar (EU) were created more than 20 years ago as a physiotherapy tool (I wonder if they copied each other, who came first?!), but since then, they have been used for more than that. Some athletes use it as a warm up tool, for injury prevention or to correct muscle imbalance. In Germany the FB is very popular and there are several companies selling theirs (Staby, Bioswing, etc.), they offer group classes at the Gym, the workouts I have been doing are a mix of cardio, toning, balance and core. I do not have a FB though, I have and use a Bodyblade (classic/purple), the Bodyblade workouts are also pretty good, you alternate the BB with some cardio moves, each done for a minute, and I do feel my muscles burning, I also have an old BB DVD with Rosalie Brown, it does each exercise for 30 sec, but there is no cardio in between, so you move from one exercise to the other non stop, I feel the muscle fatigue with this, I think is great for muscle endurance, and coordination, there is a little learning curve (at least for me), I always end drenched in sweat. I don't know what you meant if they were like Bodybar though? I don't know how much weight the FB, but my Bodyblade weights 1.75 lbs, and the resistance goes from 8 to 22 lbs (if I remember properly) it depends on how soft or intensely you swing it. I really enjoy using it and I was needing to shake things up, and this does that literally! I would say check the videos I linked to the other thread and see if that is something you would enjoy doing. Neither tool is cheap. I know QVC have sold the BB wellness kit in the past for around $55 several times.

Bodyblade benefits: https://bodyblade.com/pages/how-bodyblade-works

I was also quite impressed by it 4.6 Amazon rating and 1,374 reviews!

HTH

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
Old 05-24-23, 02:21 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post

AMD - My DVDs are scheduled to arrive on Thursday! I'll probably try a few short premixes next week and then do a rest week, then start a rotation the week after that. . I know Cathe is not going to release the User Guide until the workouts are posted On Demand but she'd make my life easier if she would just go ahead and release it so I can print it, in color, when I'm in the office. During the last round of my big declutter, I found a binder of never used protective sheets. I had to do the roll eyes because I had gone to Walmart the week before and bought 50 sheets.

Occasionally, I get that random 'we've reached capacity' message when visiting VF.

Hi T2B, I should get my dvd's tomorrow too! Right now, they're in your neck of the woods. LOL, I was curious if you would be printing the User Guide! I read on Cathe's site they might not release it until next week - wah!! I was wanting to print everything on Mem. Day!!!! I bought a box of printer ink from Amazon this week just in case it gets low, haha.
I'm thinking I will start "a" rotation (not sure which yet) the first full week of June. I want to check out the recovery workouts first before any weight workouts. I plan to do those and my walks on cardio or non-weighted days.

Fonzie and anyone else, when will you start STS 2.0? ETA: I see that Pam already has!!! Woo Hoo!!

ASAS, that sounds pretty interesting about the Bodyblade and Flexibar! I'll have to read up on the benefits. Thanks!

We've been having such gorgeous weather this week that all I want to do is be outside!! I don't want to cave just yet to turn on my A/C but yesterday it was pretty stuffy in my basement doing a Cathe Live workout!
Old 05-24-23, 06:48 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

AMD, you are welcome! The weather has been a bit crazy here, some days it is hot like summer, and other days it is cold again, today was a rainy day.

I am excited for you guys! Enjoy your new STS 2.0 DVDs!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 05-24-23, 08:05 PM  
T2B

ASAS - thanks for your detailed response. Lots of good info. I definitely don’t need it but I want it. I looked at the Body Blade and it’s expensive. I could see in that 2nd video that the instructor's whole body was flexing and vibrating so I was like it’s doing something for sure. The longer blade looks like it would be too long to use in my basement.

AMD - Definitely ready to get my printing on. I love my little workbooks, I refer back to those user guides a lot, and I don't want sweat droplets on my paper, hence sheet protectors, lol. I know you understand.. It would have been great if Cathe had done an official STS 2.0 booklet.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 05-25-23, 03:01 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, you're welcome! I wanted the longer blade, but it is way more expensive I got mine brand new from eBay (maybe something to consider), still had to pay shipping and conversion, but it was less than buying it from amazon.ca and free shipping, mine came with a wall poster and a DVD. The new kits doesn't come with DVDs anymore, it seems, but all of their workouts are on their YouTube channel. // I heard you on the sweat droplets on your paper! I don't like that either!

Old 05-27-23, 03:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=AnMrsDe;2998831]

Fonzie and anyone else, when will you start STS 2.0? ETA: I see that Pam already has!!! Woo Hoo!!

I'm thinking of starting the 90 day Rotation on Monday (Memorial Day!) I have been playing around with the Premixes and have loved all the weight work I've done so far! I've been mainly doing the UB or LB ones to get a feel for what I"ll be doing. The Extended #2 Premixes are awesome (two round of exercises) as Extended #1 doesn't quite feel like enough and just makes you hungry for more. The only one I've been just so-so on is the Active Recovery. Not many exercises there, and what there was I didn't care for. Some okay but bodyweight "bootcamp" style stuff isn't really my thing, haha. I'm over 60 and don't want to be crawling around on the floor.

So, so excited for this set! I'm so glad I preordered.

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 05-29-23, 04:10 PM  
AnMrsDe

June thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...21#post2999421

Pam, I've been enjoying reading all your break-downs/reviews of STS 2.0!! Thank you! (I can't stand the up/down/up/down factor with ab workouts or any workouts for that matter....Cathe did pretty good (with what I've done) to omit this annoying feature). Yay Cathe!!

So far with workouts that I've done, everything looks just FANTASTIC with the set, crew, clothing, and everything is professionally polished! WELL DONE, CATHE!!!! Can't wait to start with the weight workouts next week!!
Old 05-29-23, 04:36 PM  
T2B

AMD - which day are you starting next week? I'm going to start June 7th or June 8th...I signed into Cathe's site/ Workout Manager to get a peek at the rotation calendars. I'm definitely doing a 12 week rotation. I really like what I've done so far... I like the music too, so far. Oh, and I ordered multi disc cases to put my new Cathe workouts in. I don't like how the DVDs slide against the white insert when I put them back in the case.

ASAS - thanks for the tip about finding the Flexibar on eBay.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Tags
just the workouts