Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-29-24, 02:35 PM  
Carol K

They added a couple more seasons of Doc Martin on PBS Passport, so I've started with season 6.
Old 03-29-24, 03:30 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

I am watching “The Gentlemen” on Netflix. It’s definitely worth watching!
Old 03-30-24, 04:42 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Currently watching Palm Royale on Apple+ and The Cleaning Lady on HBO Max.
Old 03-31-24, 02:35 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I just finished three seasons of, "The Boys." The show is quite the wild ride and I'd rate it X for sexual content, nudity, language, violence, gore, substance abuse and general out of hand mayhem!

Season 4 is starting in June.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 03-31-24, 05:11 PM  
sherry7899

I am.binge watching the limited series "One Day" on Netflix.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-01-24, 05:51 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
I am watching “The Gentlemen” on Netflix. It’s definitely worth watching!
had no idea about this but gave it a look and straight on to episode two!
Thankyou for the recommendation!!
Old 04-01-24, 08:47 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
had no idea about this but gave it a look and straight on to episode two!
Thankyou for the recommendation!!
So glad you are enjoying it!! We watched it one episode at a time, and I looked forward to every single one!
Old 04-10-24, 03:33 PM  
ardnas

So many Kdramas, not enough time!

Just finished Chicken Nugget. I really wanted to watch after I read about the webtoon being made into a Kdrama last year. I expected it to be silly, funny, stupid - and it was, but not sure if I liked it. It is about a man's daughter who turns into a chicken nugget. This suffers from Netflix syndrome - trying to Americanize a Kdrama by taking away the good and adding the bad = swearing - felt like every ep had the F word used in every other sentence, guns & violence (S Korea is generally gunless society), bad translations. The chicken nugget looks like a meatball not a nugget?! There was some good - it had some clever moments & lines, some things were lol, many eps end w/ a cliffhanger so you wanted to keep watching to see what would happen, use of famous actors, it is short - only 10 30min episodes. From reading reviews, it seems most either loved it or hated it. I gather many didn't understand ending and are asking for a second season.

Twinkling Watermelon. If you like Kdramas and haven't seen this one, it is a must watch, but grab some tissues! One of the highest rated Kdramas. A CODA travels back in time and meets his teenage parents. A feel good drama some compared to Back to the Future. I saw elements of that as well as Cinderella & Love Actually. Had a twist I did not see coming. I think we have watched 66 Kdramas now & rank them all, and this flew to top of our rankings to #2.

A Good Day to be a Dog. Female teacher kisses wrong guy when drunk and then turns into a dog from midnight to 6am, in order to break curse she has to get wrong guy to kiss her as a dog or she will be a dog forever. Problem is guy she kissed is afraid of dogs. Last 1/3 feels like completely different show due to explaining family curse in the Joseon period. Model, actor, Kpop idol from band Astro, Cha EunWoo, is male lead. Lots of dogs, cute & fun show.

Clean With Passion for Now. Loved this one - about a serious germaphobe who runs a cleaning company and hires & falls in love with a very messy girl. We laughed out loud in every episode.

Castaway Diva. Young girl on her way to realizing her dream of being a singer & meeting her idol, ends up castaway on an island for 15yrs before being found. Without giving anything away, it is about so much more - first love, family, aging. Still liked it even though a Netflix show, does have some violence.

When trying to pick a new drama to watch last night I looked through ratings & reviews on IMDB and read this show was so precious they didn't want each episode to end & that they laughed & cried with the characters. Sold me. So last night we started Twenty Five Twenty One, only two eps in & already really like. A teen girl runs away to her grandmother's house where she finds & reads her mother's diary from when she was in high scool. Back in 1988 her mother was a fencer wanting to train with her idol so she gets transferred to another school to do so while falling for an older boy deeply affected by the 1987 S Korea IMF (we paused show and watched a short documentary about this to better understand).
Old 04-17-24, 12:18 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I watched, "Painkiller" about he Oxycontin scandal. It was depressing. The acting was good.

I've heard that "Dopesick" is good but I don't get whatever channel to stream it.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-17-24, 02:25 PM  
warriorprincess

Just finished the new season of Equalizer.

Also just finished the last episode of the Three Body Problem. Really interesting but you're wondering what exactly is happening quite often. I should have read the book first. I have time though. The next season is expected out in 2026!

Currently watching Tracker. I like action shows where the hero always succeeds and it wraps up each episode. Same with Equalizer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, off topic, off-topic