Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Questions about using this Forum software > VF and Forum software FAQs
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-01-02, 07:09 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

A Few More

Slaying a virgin: First a year or so ago susanp set up monthly Virgin and Dust Bunnie Days where people did those tapes they had not yet done or hadn't done for a long time. Recently she proposed a Slay Your Dragons Challenge in which quite a few VFers did a tape they'd been avoiding due to fear or intimidation. Now people are regularly posting on their check-ins that they slayed a virgin this week.

Throwing up in a bucket: On one of her tapes Mindy Mylrea defines pecieved exertion level 10 as 'throwing up in a bucket - I don't want you to go there.' It's become an almost unconcious part of the lexicon with occasional comments like 'I wasn't throwing up in a bucket but close.' I'm sure this isn't exclusive to VF but it's use here traces back to a video.

When they come up, comments about visualizing yourself as a gazelle and wearing purple outfits and nail polish for races also relate back to the infamous Paula. Plus, if you actual are a neurosurgeon who owns Big Bertha golf clubs I'd keep that fact to yourself.

And, of course, there's 'When in doubt, mambo' from Andre Houle. I think this advice probably works better in his routines than in the ones I usually do but it does kind of make a nice 't-shirt/bumper sticker philosophy' line.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
Old 12-10-03, 03:59 PM  
Rainy L.
VF Supporter

Lurve in Madison

The first time I remember lurve being used was when Laura (was it? this is years ago . . . but I do remember that she was a student) at Madison used it in the beginners check in.

Last I remember, she was having problems because something blew up (she was a geology student, so this could be literally or metaphorically) with her final project.

BFABL, Butty Putty, and Squirrel Armed Goddesses. *snort*

Do 5 good Kegels right now!
Old 12-11-03, 10:01 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Re: simply..

I hate it too, Nichole. It really makes me cringe!! LOL!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nichole
just the use of the word "vf'er"..or VF. It's a regular noun now in my mental dictionary.

as an aside, I really really really really really really can't STAND the word LURVE. and I refuse to even say it in person. you dont know how hard it was for me to type just then.

there..just had to get that OFF my chest..back to my cave.
Old 12-11-03, 10:02 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Re: LURVE etymology

Wow. I don't remember this - but I saw the movie when it first came out, and so... my memory can be forgiven.

I do remember DRESSING in the "annie hall" style. (I was a child or a young teen. Not sure exactly..)
Old 12-11-03, 10:04 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Re: Speakin' Of Mr. Yummy Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa TV
Yes, Bryan is Mr. Yummy Pants, but Rodney Yee can also be known as "The Rod" or "The Package".

Lisa
I'm nearly crying, this is so funny. That coupled with his liberal use of "your groins" just makes me want to dissolve into laughter like the 38 yo I almost am.
Old 12-11-03, 03:07 PM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
Old 09-23-04, 04:21 PM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichole
I really really really really really really can't STAND the word LURVE. and I refuse to even say it in person. you dont know how hard it was for me to type just then. .
You're not the only one. It sounds like something unpleasant, rather than a good thing. Maybe because it rhymes with "lurch".

Then again it's sort of like "hurl", "The shrimp I ate were bad so I hurled." I can picture the word "lurve" used that way. "I *lurved* the shrimp"

If you really love something, why not just say you "LOVE" it?

Nancy (glad someone finally said it)
Old 09-24-04, 07:45 AM  
KayB
VF Supporter

How about video slut? Defined as a vidiot who has branched out to using multiple exercise creators as opposed to being faithful to only one.
Old 10-24-04, 02:26 PM  
roz

Oh, and here is something to remember. Kitty posts are not off topic!
Old 10-25-04, 08:06 AM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roz
Oh, and here is something to remember. Kitty posts are not off topic!
Ahem. No one around here has more cats than I do (as far as I know), but cat-talk is indeed OT. Good thing too, or you'd never get me to shut up about them.