Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-04-23, 05:07 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I guess each instructor has a different approach and business model. There isn't a single instructor from whom I would tolerate a scolding attitude, no matter how qualified, financially successful, or bangin' their bod might be...

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 12-04-23, 05:17 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Wendy, thanks for the recommendation of Jasper McDermott. His workouts look good.
He has a nice smile. That's my takeaway from this whole thread lol!

I'll probably look at his workouts. I remember him being mentioned before, but I think I went with Caroline when I was looking for online stuff. Where do you recommend one starts with Jasper?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 12-04-23, 05:35 PM  
donnamp

I never did any of her workouts, just never had the chance, she had been on my radar to try - but I really didn't like the tone of that video. Like we are here to serve her or something? It is just very off-putting and doesn't make me want to give her the views.

It is like she is whining about all the work it is to put up videos - well, no one is forcing you to do it - don't do us any favors then! I unsubscribed from her channel.

Donna
Old 12-05-23, 08:31 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Yes that video confused me. She said she's not getting much engagement on her follow along videos so she's not sure she'll continue to make them. I commented that I enjoyed the 20 and 30 minute follow along videos for what it's worth. I like her workouts but she does have an offputting way about her. I felt like she was threatening us. If I don't get more engagement I won't make any more videos. WTH.
I really like her 30 minute workouts (and the push pull legs series that has been removed), too. I do the workouts more than once. I can’t like them more than once, however, so looking solely at likes doesn’t tell a person much. The extended views should provide a better metric, IMHO.

Regardless I wish she would make more videos. I enjoy them and the quiet pace. I don’t want mini clips of what to do - I can do that with paper workouts, like Joyce Vedral or Mind Pump’s programs. I like having someone to workout with even if they are only on video.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 12-05-23, 09:23 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

The irony is people are probably downloading her 30 minute workouts knowing that she will probably delete them at some point. So she isn't getting "views" or engagement or whatever because they are being watched offline. Ha!
Old 12-05-23, 09:44 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
The irony is people are probably downloading her 30 minute workouts knowing that she will probably delete them at some point. So she isn't getting "views" or engagement or whatever because they are being watched offline. Ha!
That is a good point. I have downloaded her 20 minute ones as well as a ton of YT workouts from various instructors in case they are removed, but when I do the workouts I always do them on YT rather than the downloads so they get the views. That way I don't feel bad at all for downloading free workouts!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-05-23, 12:19 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

So is she just linking a 30 minute video for each week and doing some kind of commentary? You do it 3-4 times?

I really don’t get what goal she’s trying to hit. Is it views, likes, or subscriptions? Or all, lol. I’m going to unsubscribe, don’t need to be scolded for not liking or commenting. I liked previewing what she posted (I’m doing other programs), but too much drama for the effort.

I used to subscribe to Facebook group that did the threatening thing each time a recipe was posted. If we didn’t like or comment, they were going to stop posting. It got old and I unsubscribed. To many other choices out there.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 12-05-23, 12:36 PM  
Vantreesta

I just watched the video. I guess I can see where she's coming from as far as knowing what content to provide if there's not much feedback. Like if hubby doesn't tell me what meals he especially likes or really doesn't like, how do I know what to put on our menus so he enjoys what he's eating. Right? I sort of wonder if maybe her communication style just comes off wrong to her audience. I found the video interesting but I agree there was that little bit toward the end that was very off-putting. I haven't actually done any of her workouts yet even though I have downloaded a lot of them. (Too many workouts, too little time, the constant lament of a VFer! ) I unsubscribed from her channel after she started deleting workouts.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-05-23, 03:56 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Another one here that doesn't like to be scolded. I really like her 30 minute workouts. I guess I'd better download them before they disappear. I think there was a thread on how to download youtube videos but I can't seem to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old 12-05-23, 04:10 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
Another one here that doesn't like to be scolded. I really like her 30 minute workouts. I guess I'd better download them before they disappear. I think there was a thread on how to download youtube videos but I can't seem to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
I use the 4k video downloader. With the free version you can download up to 30 videos a day.

Tags
caroline girvan, instructor behaving badly, jasper mcdermott, lift with cee