Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 11-04-23, 08:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
If you are taking money then it is a business and there should be some professional communication.
Exactly. Members have a right to know why things aren't working, why new members aren't being admitted, why money isn't being acknowledged etc. It's kind of basic.
Old 11-04-23, 12:07 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
That’s definitely true! This would be a busy place again if the train wreckers posted on threads other than the controversial ones!

Glad to see things have settled down a bit that you are posting again. Maybe you can start a thread about vaccines—or masks—or fascia blaster—or Lady Voldemort!!
Lack of Train wrecks have nothing to do with my posting less often. I hate signing in because I don’t think the site is safe. My new iPhone seems to support this. Ever ask yourself who the 600-700 “guests” are? Probably bots, many of which may be malicious. I only signed in today because I had a p.m. to reply to.

Have fun with your stirring up trouble. It may or may not bring an increase of traffic but chances are only the pot stirrers will enjoy themselves. Apparently no new members get approved anyway.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 11-04-23, 01:25 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Lannette, I did not call you out and don’t really appreciate you calling me out for a reason that escapes me. You’ve been around this site for long enough to know that when a thread starts to get heated, long absent folks jump in to comment. FWIW, I don’t always participate and frequently haven’t even read a lot of the controversial threads from days gone by since they weren’t a topic that interested me. If I unintentionally hit a nerve, I apologize for that—it was not intended in any way.

My question was to Sherry specifically and it was a very general one—if, in an imaginary/fictional/hopeful world, Wendy was to post here again, what kinds of things would you want her to address? Sherry’s answer was just what I was looking for. My post was not intended to be a debate on whether she should or shouldn’t post, and I don’t think people should be quoting me and implying that I said it’s fine to have radio silence from Wendy. I did not say that at all.

This is a voluntary website, and people aren’t required to pay to post. It is a choice to subscribe/pay, one each VFer has to decide for him/herself. I absolutely do understand people’s frustration and the expectation that if you subscribe/pay that you should be accountable and communicate with subscribers as the host.

I’m going to back away from this thread and delete my previous posts (they’ve already been quoted so not really deleted anyway), as they have been dissected to a point well beyond my meaning.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 11-04-23, 02:28 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
If you are taking money then it is a business and there should be some professional communication.
I agree with this. I don't think Wendy ever made a lot of profit from the site, but if she doesn't want it to grow, turn it over to someone else. Several have volunteered in the past. I wonder if she now outsources the technical part, and no longer has direct involvement.
Old 11-04-23, 02:57 PM  
MoFirmer

Oh goodness! I know Lanette and I don't think she was "calling you out"! She was just repeating part of the conversation and saying she wasn't missing because of those reasons. I certainly didn't take her response as a nasty one., She's really a great person! I think with written word that is always something that someone can take in the wrong tone. I always hope in this day and age we can read something and give grace if we don't agree.

When I come here I do see where my computer says "not secure". So I agree with Lanette that I don't think the site is what it used to be. I never used to get that message.

I
Old 11-04-23, 03:30 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
...This is a voluntary website, and people aren’t required to pay to post. It is a choice to subscribe/pay, one each VFer has to decide for him/herself...
Unfortunately the last two times my subscription lapsed I did have to pay to post.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232020

But yes, it is my choice to pay.
Old 11-04-23, 05:33 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
Oh goodness! I know Lanette and I don't think she was "calling you out"! She was just repeating part of the conversation and saying she wasn't missing because of those reasons. I certainly didn't take her response as a nasty one., She's really a great person! I think with written word that is always something that someone can take in the wrong tone. I always hope in this day and age we can read something and give grace if we don't agree.

When I come here I do see where my computer says "not secure". So I agree with Lanette that I don't think the site is what it used to be. I never used to get that message.

I
I too know Lannette and I don't think she was "calling you out" either. She is a great person and I did not take her response as nasty.

Emails are subject to interpretation, as well as postings on any forum!
Old 11-04-23, 06:19 PM  
bubbles76

Lannette may not have meant it that way, but it came across as a little mean. I don't think that Lannette is mean either, but that's not the same thing. You don't have to be mean to say mean things. As was stated, subject to interpretation and this one is mine.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 11-04-23, 09:11 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Lannette may not have meant it that way, but it came across as a little mean. I don't think that Lannette is mean either, but that's not the same thing. You don't have to be mean to say mean things. As was stated, subject to interpretation and this one is mine.
Agreed. It was joke a couple of people made about people posting on controversial topics. I don't Lanette is mean either but that response was out of pocket. No one, including cataddict, was stirring up trouble.
Old 11-05-23, 08:57 AM  
donnamp

I think cataddict's post was intended to be light-hearted an humorous but for some reason was misinterpreted.

I saw it as an attempt at humor, which is something I always appreciate

Donna

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, vf site issues, vf subscription, vf supporter, wendy