Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-02-12, 09:13 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazondotmom View Post

I just had my annual checkup and I found out that I lost 5lbs! I never weigh or measure myself and I haven’t dieted this year. It has to be TA! Her cueing is bad, her counts are not even on the left and right sides, it’s hard to get the right angle because she doesn’t really verbalize the moves she is doing and her editing is awful! But for some reason I love the program, it is not for everyone!
This is why I want to try her-only. People comment their bodies just aren't responding to the same old workouts. And I need different haha
Old 06-02-12, 09:53 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Then I tried Omni Continuity and definitely became addicted. The results are definitely part of the reason, but I just love the workouts themselves. The moves feel like a little dance to me; I love perfecting that dance over 10 days and then moving on to a new one.The lack of cueing (and, strangely, the repetitive music) give the workout a meditative quality that I really enjoy.
Second that .
Old 06-02-12, 12:16 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
I think it has to do with results...
I'd love the results but I don't think I could hang with it long enough to see if I got any.
Old 06-02-12, 01:48 PM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I'd love the results but I don't think I could hang with it long enough to see if I got any.

At first it's kind of like eating your veggies, you know its good for you but... maybe they don't taste that great in the beginning, but you eat them anyway "because its good for you." Eventually your taste changes and you find you actually crave the veggies and you notice that you have a healthy glow from eating them!!

Thats my experience with TA
Old 06-02-12, 03:16 PM  
cherimac

I started seeing results right away but I know that doesn't happen with everyone. They're hard in a different sort of way but I feel so accomplished when doing the workouts. I too am doing 4 days of Meta and Cardio; 1 of high rep/low weight AWT; 1 of whatever I want. I also walk my dog daily for a mile but it's not really cardio~he's a sniffer.
Old 06-02-12, 04:14 PM  
shelleyann

Like Cheri, I saw results right away also (after a couple of weeks), but who knows if it will continue or not. I kind of think there is something to doing the high rep work for 10 days in a row, more or less. That seems to me to be part of her "magic". At first it was really, really hard, but it did get easier after a few days (not easy, mind you, but easier). I actually really enjoy it though...kind of oddly addictive and it does go by really fast.

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
Old 06-02-12, 05:28 PM  
Saffie J

I have a week to go until I finish omni meta but haven't had any results in regard to losing inches etc, although I have not had any negative results, I have not gained inches or lost strength etc.

I'm still sitting on the fence about whether to progress to Continuity. Has anybody found that they noticed results when they progressed to Continuity?

Many thanks.
Old 06-02-12, 06:10 PM  
chrisqan

Saffie- I'm a slow responder as well. I don't know how to advice you. Because I'm on 2.1 and yes I have seen results but they are not very drastic. I keep with the program because I like the workouts. It's kind of opposite of some ladies who describe it as "eating vegetables" because you dread it a bit but it give you results. It doesn't give me great results but it does keep me fit and I love the unique moves. I always look forward to the next level. Although the physical improvements are not exactly impressive. I'm better at tennis (better coordination) and I can now do big girl pushups!!! Which is something I'm very proud of All those planks have strengthened my upper body. Just a few weeks ago I was complaining that my back has bulked and I'm looking like a linebacker. But now I see what I can do and that I'm stronger, I couldn't care less about how wide my back is.

I think you ladies are on to something- that the most challenging workouts give you the most impressive results. It sounds obvious, but I never thought of it like that. I didn't think Meta was very challenging and maybe that's why I didn't see much change. Good news is, 2.1 is definitely a challenge so hopefully I'll see more change after this set and I previewed 2.2- looks really tough! Year 2 definitely kicks it up a notch
Old 06-02-12, 07:32 PM  
shelleyann

I think that is fantastic though, and I have many workouts like that, that I do because I love and they are fun and make me feel good. I've never really been one to go for results, but rather worked out because I enjoyed it and it made me feel good. That was partially why I was surprised by my "results" and didn't think to even measure at first. It does sound like you are getting results, better tennis game, more able to do push-ups (in my case, better at plank work), and that makes it worthwhile. It's not all about inches. So good for you!

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
Old 06-04-12, 08:22 AM  
BalleRina

I'm considering a Meta rotation but am not sure what I would get. I did TA's body calculator and Glute is my prescription, however I've been reading threads that say Glute is the easiest and least diverse. How important is it to stick with TA's recommendation? If I don't follow her advice, which one do I choose??

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, ta meta, ta metamorphosis, tracy anderson