Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-31-23, 02:57 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

What Lori said. I'm getting (back) into Kelly in a big way too.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Old 01-04-24, 02:22 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
OLD THREAD ALERT!!!

I'm reviving this old thread about CardioFit and PowerSplits in case anyone is preordering KCM's new ones and may be interested in ordering these two. They may be my most used workouts of 2023!

I've been on quite a KCM kick in the past few months, and I've really been into these two workouts. They both have really good bonus 30-minute RAW workouts that are basically stand-alone workouts. The premixes to both workouts also make these very versatile.

I have been doing the Interval Finishers premix on the PowerSplits and the dumbbell only premix on CardioFit a lot lately since they are both just 30 mins and really hit a lot of muscle groups. I find Kelly very motivating in these and the music is really good!
I do these 2 Kelly's the most of any of her offerings...to me, they are her VERY BEST! These are just FUN!!! And all the short premixes provide an awesome finisher after another workout. I actually like the music in both too. A rarity!

Her newest Raw workouts sound so fun too, but I'm afraid I won't be able to adjust my TV sound to account for the echoey annoyance factor. Wish these were filmed in her studio, then it'd be a "no brainer" to purchase!
Old 01-04-24, 03:29 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I do these 2 Kelly's the most of any of her offerings...to me, they are her VERY BEST! These are just FUN!!! And all the short premixes provide an awesome finisher after another workout. I actually like the music in both too. A rarity!

Her newest Raw workouts sound so fun too, but I'm afraid I won't be able to adjust my TV sound to account for the echoey annoyance factor. Wish these were filmed in her studio, then it'd be a "no brainer" to purchase!
Agreed, these two are just fun! I have all of her DVDs and these are now my favorites. I really like Box & Pump, too; it's very motivating.

I thought the same thing initially about the sound in the Timesaver DVDs but I think it's just in a few places in the workouts. It bothered me at first and then I kind of didn't notice it after a few times. The workouts are really challenging and that's what I like most about them; I didn't think 20 minutes could leave me "done" and they leave you "done"!
Old 01-05-24, 03:01 PM  
AnMrsDe

Lori, I didn't bite on those 2 workouts you mentioned either due to said possible "echo annoyance", LOL. From my history of avoidance of doing Kelly's Raw Bonus workouts on Cardio Fit and Power Splits (which have an echo, IMO, and doing them once), I am hesitant to purchase any of her Raw workouts. Plus they are DVD-R's, correct? Or am I thinking of something else? But that is another hesitation purchase for me.

But I'm glad you find them fun & challenging! Thanks for letting me know you can get past it and maybe I'll try the bonus ones again.
Old 01-06-24, 12:00 AM  
fatkat555

I do her Timesaver ones more than any other. The echo sound was immediately noted and then my brain filtered it out so I don’t find it annoying at all. That’s part of the RAW dvd as opposed to expensive production I suppose. I’m just happy she’s still sending out dvds! I know that can’t last much longer.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 01-06-24, 09:29 AM  
manleym

Do you think the Timesaver Sculpt is that much different or better than Build and Burn? Curious how they compare since they both focus on shorter workouts but some of the workouts seem similar.
Old 01-06-24, 10:21 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Workout 1 mixes boxing with lower body weight work. I think this is a great idea since boxing workouts usually leave me wanting more work for the lower body. I did notice that there is only a cool down with this workout and no real stretch.
That reminds me of the Boxing & Legs premix from her Circuit Burn DVD! I love Kelly, but one of my issues with her workouts is that there almost always seems to be more emphasis on upper body versus lower.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 01-06-24, 10:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Do you think the Timesaver Sculpt is that much different or better than Build and Burn? Curious how they compare since they both focus on shorter workouts but some of the workouts seem similar.
I haven't done Build & Burn in awhile but IMO the Timesavers really seem more intense so that if you only do one segment it really is enough. I don't remember that with Build & Burn. But then again I was younger then and maybe in better condition? LOL
Old 01-06-24, 11:31 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I haven't done Build & Burn in awhile but IMO the Timesavers really seem more intense so that if you only do one segment it really is enough. I don't remember that with Build & Burn. But then again I was younger then and maybe in better condition? LOL
Agreed, the Timesavers are just more intense in less time and I think that's why I like them. I used to not care for "timesaver" type workouts but my work schedule is really crazy at the moment (and perimenopause has really amped up for me in the past year, enough already) so these work for me now. I just kind of tune out the audio issues and don't notice them anymore. I also avoided the RAW bonuses for the same audio issues and for some reason I thought the shorter length of time didn't equate into a long enough workout, but now I find myself doing these RAW bonuses a lot. They just fit with my schedule and needs in a workout these days!

I wasn't a huge fan of Build & Burn (and I did it recently and still am not), but the Timesavers are a bit more creative and not so repetitive (probably because they are shorter!).
Old 01-06-24, 12:25 PM  
Gams

I disagree with Lori and summer breeze. I think Timesaver Sculpt is much more repetitive and much less intense. For one thing, because you are mostly standing in one spot throwing punches, you use very light weights. Kelly uses 5 pounds in one workout, but mostly recommends egg weights. I don’t care for standing in one spot continually throwing punches. The segments in Timesaver Sculpt are much shorter than Build & Burn as well.

In Build & Burn, you use weights ranging from 8 pounds to 15 lbs. The workouts are longer, but still under 30 minutes. I used to do Trim & Tone pretty often and that one is 24 minutes long and uses 8 pound weights. There are also a lot of premixes in the Build & Burn set.

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, 30mtf, kcm, kcm power splits, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer