Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-20-20, 04:33 PM  
Nelly G

I can pick a workout I want to do and go upstairs and cannot find the workout. Then instead of choosing another I hate that I cannot find it and spend time looking for it. Of course it is somewhere right in front of me but I miss it. Then I have in the end not much left and then I have to choose a short workout to do. Am I the only one looking for a dvd?
Old 06-20-20, 08:34 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I don’t usually spend much time deciding. But I have in the past had my husband pick my workout in a random way when I couldn’t decide what to do. That way I didn’t waste any time. It was a good way to do workouts that I wouldn’t pick myself.

Kim
Kim
I told my husband about this and he said, "I'd have to find out which were the hardest and pick those for you!"

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 06-21-20, 11:03 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly G View Post
I can pick a workout I want to do and go upstairs and cannot find the workout. Then instead of choosing another I hate that I cannot find it and spend time looking for it. Of course it is somewhere right in front of me but I miss it. Then I have in the end not much left and then I have to choose a short workout to do. Am I the only one looking for a dvd?
On a similar note I'll be all ready to do a workout I'd downloaded on to my iPad. I'm dressed and ready to go and realize it is not on my iPad. I had forgotten to put it there.

Then, I have the excruciating choice of whether to hook up to my desktop to put it on my iPad or just pick something else.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-21-20, 11:12 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Kim
I told my husband about this and he said, "I'd have to find out which were the hardest and pick those for you!"
Wow, he’s tough! But seriously, I used to do this a lot. It is a great way to do different workouts that would otherwise never get done. I narrowed down the selection for him then he would randomly pick one and I would do it.

Kim
Old 06-22-20, 04:04 PM  
daisymae

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I have definitely spent a lot of time picking the right workout at times. I often have the feeling that I just want the perfect workout for me that day, for whatever I am in the mood for. This requires having a sense of what kind of movement I want to do then choosing a workout that will meet that need and be enjoyable. Sometimes this is easy and sometimes I can spin out and go on and on looking through the collection to pick. I love when i hit it just right though.
Yes, this is me most of the time. Sometimes I know exactly what to do and sometimes it takes me longer to figure out what I need.

I have been very tired lately too and lacking motivation and sometimes it takes me so long to figure it out then I end up not doing anything. I used to beat myself up about it but now I just give myself grace and know that I will get back at it another day when I am ready. Today was one of those days I got'er done and am feeling good.

All that being said, I have been contemplating doing one of the many programs I've bought and have never done! I have a hard time sticking with anything because I get bored and need constant variety but I am thinking that maybe having it all planned out for me will help me with my indecision... as in just do it without thinking or overanalyzing. (I just had to analyze how to spell over analyzing.)

Tags
analysis paralysis, brain freeze, low motivation, procrastination, too many choices