Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-27-20, 12:11 AM  
Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Mention of Susan Powter prompted me to google her. Seems she’s dropped off the face of the earth. I remember standing in line with my mom at a bookstore years ago to meet her. We were next in line when the event ended and she left.

There’s a Susan Powter with no face picture on Twitter, but you have to request to follow her and be approved. I don’t want to do that if it’s not her.
I see that all the social media links on her website are set to private. https://susanpowteronline.com

It seems that she's still active in the fitness community because she offers online seminars and classes.
Old 04-27-20, 07:01 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand View Post
I see that all the social media links on her website are set to private. https://susanpowteronline.com

It seems that she's still active in the fitness community because she offers online seminars and classes.
Duh! I didn’t look for a website. I see she’s offering phone consultations for $100.
Old 04-27-20, 10:59 AM  
VainJane

On the TV show Girls, the main character, played by Lena Dunham, once did a Tracy Anderson video in her bedroom. Later Lena Dunham actually ended up working with Tracy personally.

Since someone mentioned Private Practice before, there was a ridiculous scene of Addison and Naomi going to a Pilates studio, working out on adjacent reformers, and having a personal conversation the whole time. In every Pilates studio I've gone to, you only get to use equipment as part of a personal training session or a small group class - it's not like a regular gym where you're allowed to use equipment on your own - so there's a trainer close by and you definitely don't talk over them because you're paying $$$ for their time.

And speaking of talking during exercise class, Reese Witherspoon's and Nicole Kidman's characters on Big Little Lies got kicked out of a yoga class for doing that.
Old 04-27-20, 04:55 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

In an episode of Big Love, Margene is sitting on a couch dressed in workout gear, watching a Christi Taylor video while eating. I seem to remember it might have been CIA 9801. It stands out to me because, unlike mass-market retail instructors, how many people own a Christi Taylor CIA workout?

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Old 04-27-20, 06:31 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

In Ally McBeal, Ally, Georgia and Renee all go to a kickboxing class regularly. They get so good at their exercise class that it leads up to Georgia and Ally fighting one another in the ring, lol.
Old 04-27-20, 09:57 PM  
diggerholliday

When the Agatha Raisin Mysteries series begins we see Agatha setting up a very nice home gym with spin bike and rower, as she attempts to re-invent herself. I'm fairly certain we never see her working out again
Old 04-28-20, 08:43 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Watching Good Girls from last night. One of the minor characters is doing a leg band workout with the band around her upper thighs moving side to side. The screen only showed the instructor from the waist down and I didn’t recognize her. It lasted about 3 seconds.
Old 04-28-20, 09:01 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

It's an oldie, but there is an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer where she is doing step aerobics.

The blonde woman does aerobics, after getting beaten by her lover, in Roadhouse.
____
YADeb
Old 04-29-20, 09:53 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

There was an old Britcom where the woman was doing step in her living room on her own, no video. The show was filmed in a studio, in front of an audience and the step was behind a couch at the back of the stage, out of view from the camera and audience. You just see her go up up, down down. Whenever anyone walked through the room, behind the couch, you could see them step up and over the step.
Old 04-29-20, 08:09 PM  
acey

In "This Is Us," at one point the young Rebecca is planning to work out to a VHS tape (I don't know which), and urges a preteen Kate, who is struggling with her weight, to join her.

Tags
home exercisers in movies, home exercisers in tv