Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should we transition the non-forum part of the site or keep it as is?
Lift and Shift: keep VF as a Legacy site 42 63.64%
Transition: Move VF into a modern CMS 24 36.36%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-24, 11:47 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

I wish I could change my vote...I'm for L&S now. Make it as easy and painless as possible.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Old 02-08-24, 02:03 PM  
Karla25

When I contacted VBulletin several months ago, they replied it would be no problem to transfer the data from this site to the updated version. I’m for keeping everything.

I’ve been going through this site and reading success stories of members. For example:Wendy

Looking at pictures of members: Wendy with her husband and son and feel like these are real treasures and a part of this forum’s history which should not be demolished.

VF History

About Wendy

Memory Lane

We owe Wendy a lot for creating this magical forum. I hope we retain its character and charm.
Old 02-08-24, 02:33 PM  
warriorprincess

I've never used anything but the forums, so it's a don't care from me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
Old 02-08-24, 03:34 PM  
kat_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
When I contacted VBulletin several months ago, they replied it would be no problem to transfer the data from this site to the updated version. I’m for keeping everything.
Thank you, Karla. My tests led me to believe there were two different "sites" at play. forum.videofitness, which used the vBulletin software (vbulletin 3.8.3 and PHP 5.2.17 with a dB), and www.videofitness, which is also database-driven with php queries but is outside of the vBulletin software which was why I posed the question about what to keep from that part. Is that not right (admittedly, I used automated tools from the front end and they are not infallible)?
Old 02-08-24, 04:50 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
Thank you, Karla. My tests led me to believe there were two different "sites" at play. forum.videofitness, which used the vBulletin software (vbulletin 3.8.3 and PHP 5.2.17 with a dB), and www.videofitness, which is also database-driven with php queries but is outside of the vBulletin software which was why I posed the question about what to keep from that part. Is that not right (admittedly, I used automated tools from the front end and they are not infallible)?
I'm not tech oriented. I contacted VBulletin because at the bottom of each page in this forum it reads "Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3."

I explained the situation (rightly or wrongly) thinking the forum was run on only VBulletin software. Maybe you should contact the people at VBulletin. They might be able to answer your questions. They seemed willing to help and responded quickly to my email.
Old 02-08-24, 04:58 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I'm not tech oriented. I contacted VBulletin because at the bottom of each page in this forum it reads "Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3."

I explained the situation (rightly or wrongly) thinking the forum was run on only VBulletin software. Maybe you should contact the people at VBulletin. They might be able to answer your questions. They seemed willing to help and responded quickly to my email.
I'm also not very tech oriented but think the difference is that the forum is backed by vbulletin but all the other parts of the videofitness website like the reviews section, etc. are not backed by vbulletin.

If you visit any of these videofitness pages for example, they do not say powered by vbulletin and instead are Copyright © 1996-2024 Wendy Niemi Kremer:

https://videofitness.com/
https://videofitness.com/beginners/index.php
https://www.videofitness.com/reviewsdb/

(This post is not meant as a personal attack; I'm just pointing out the difference I noticed at the bottom of the webpages because I didn't realize either until today's thread that VF is like a two-pronged thing.)
Old 02-08-24, 11:16 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I use this forum and Exchange Listing. So I'm not effected either way. I pick whatever easiest.
Old 02-09-24, 08:08 PM  
Mickey12

I am not sure how to vote. The only sections I use are the video reviews and the forum to read/post threads. What ever is easier for those doing the work is my vote.
Old 02-09-24, 09:30 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

http://www.videofitness.com/

The link to the actual Video Fitness Home Page.
Old 02-12-24, 11:47 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Old posts, the tag system, and #1 (Video Reviews) are the only things I care about (in that order of preference).
Agree. I'm one of those weirdos who still has all my old Collage catalogs so when I get interested in a new workout method or instructor I do all the research I can. The old reviews and forum have been invaluable over the years.

If I understand correctly, YouTubers could be integrated into the Reviews as instructors?

Quote:
We owe Wendy a lot for creating this magical forum. I hope we retain its character and charm.
That would be great.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham

Tags
vf future, vf hall of fame