Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-01-24, 02:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Glad she's alive, but this makes me even sadder and more disappointed in her.
(((Joni)))

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 01-01-24, 03:02 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Yeah, I guess I come off as the heartless bad guy. Yet, I'm the one who receives the PMs from VFers who are also very angry, but don't want to post about it.
Alta, I for one don’t think you are a "heartless bad guy". I AM, however, concerned for you and the other VFers who are angry, bitter, resentful, sad, hurt, disappointed, or feeling abandoned in response to Wendy’s absence.

If Wendy decides that she is going to permanently remain as a “behind the scenes” presence only and no longer post openly, how will you deal with that? Is it healthy to hold on to those feelings when there has been no indication that anything will change?

{{Hugs}} to all of you. I’m so very sorry for your pain.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 01-01-24, 03:13 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Yeah, I guess I come off as the heartless bad guy. Yet, I'm the one who receives the PMs from VFers who are also very angry, but don't want to post about it.
I’m sorry Alta, I didn’t mean to criticize you. I was only thinking of myself. I had posted a pretty annoyed post at VF Roost, so I certainly can’t point any fingers! I get frustrated frequently, in fact I was earlier when I couldn’t get the forum to load.

I have to admit, I don’t understand it. The best I can figure out is that someone wants the forum to die, but don’t have the heart to end it all at once. They are hoping we all eventually move on to somewhere else.
Old 01-01-24, 03:18 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Alta, I for one don’t think you are a "heartless bad guy". I AM, however, concerned for you and the other VFers who are angry, bitter, resentful, sad, hurt, disappointed, or feeling abandoned in response to Wendy’s absence.

If Wendy decides that she is going to permanently remain as a “behind the scenes” presence only and no longer post openly, how will you deal with that? Is it healthy to hold on to those feelings when there has been no indication that anything will change?

{{Hugs}} to all of you. I’m so very sorry for your pain.
VF is/was a beacon in the darkness. The neglect of the forum that I have loved since 1998 will continue to chap my hide.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 01-02-24, 09:01 AM  
Dabbadooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Are you saying you received a message from her email....or you were messaged through her VF account?
I don't think you will get an answer to this question.
Old 01-02-24, 09:17 AM  
Nanny

Since I'm not a VF Supporter, I usually don't post in these threads. But I'm piping in now to say that people who pay money for a forum have the right to complain when the forum does not work to their satisfaction. I don't think any "attacks" on WWWendy are personal. These are valid complaints about a poorly run business.
Old 01-02-24, 09:35 AM  
Buzzer

Alta, I don't think you are the heartless bad guy. You are the one expressing most everyone's opinions. You are the one risking the "shaaaaaame on you!! you should be grateful!!" type messages on the GD.

I do think everyone's opinions are valid, including the people that are "angry, bitter, resentful, sad, hurt, disappointed, or feeling abandoned in response to Wendy’s absence." I think it's everyones right to feel all of those feelings, and no one said they are walking around their daily life holding onto these feelings, however when they get on VF, they do feel these feelings. It's OK.

I hopefully am not afraid to voice my opinion on this. I know in the past I've been batted down for not being sunshine and rainbows, or for liking Tracy Anderson (can you feel all the air being sucked out of the room by the righteous indignation of TA haters??? ) No one should feel sorry for anyone else in this thread, more we should offer support for each other.

I am a little frustrated at Karla casually throwing in that she was messaged by wwwendy, then disappearing and not providing details. It's been a few years since everyone has been wondering where she is, whether she even is alive, and yet, there's a "she's good. She was in touch with me. Trust me. Bye." However if she doesn't want to provide details, that's her choice. However, since you threw that out there, I'm just saying. it's out there. Give us some details.

I guess I am thinking if people are so afraid of being called out and slapped down for being disappointed in Wwwendy, or worried about the site that they are PMing someone on the board instead of voicing their opinions, there's a problem with the responses to the opinion. That's my two cents, run me through the meat grinder as you want.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-02-24, 09:43 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
I don't think you will get an answer to this question.
Well I asked because I wanted to know if it was actually Wendy (via email) or whether it was through VF (potentially someone else now using Wendy's account.)

I think it's pertinent given Karla's made a statement that has caused assumptions she wants others to trust that 'wendy is fine.' I didn't want people unnecessarily sad trusting information without fact checking.

I'm kerfuffled as to why I should not get an answer to that question?

I'm not asking for any other information than that and certainly don't even want the substance of the conversation.

What's wrong with giving an answer to the question, Dabbadoey?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 01-02-24, 09:49 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

The fact that people are upset and frustrated shows how invested they are in this forum, its community and its history. Even though it’s virtual, it feels like a small town, and people are justifiably worried that their town is in danger of extinction. If that happens, a lot will be lost, including personal connections and a trove of information.

Someone is out there who can tell us what the plan is for VF’s future. We don’t need to know personal information; we just need to know what to expect. It’s not right to let the website malfunction periodically and leave everyone wondering if or when it’s going to die.

This website has been going for decades and should be updated and properly secured. Either the current administrator should do it, or pass it on to someone who will.

Lots of us have been willing to pay to support VF and would continue to do so, if we knew that there was a viable future.
Old 01-02-24, 09:54 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
The fact that people are upset and frustrated shows how invested they are in this forum, its community and its history. Even though it’s virtual, it feels like a small town, and people are justifiably worried that their town is in danger of extinction. If that happens, a lot will be lost, including personal connections and a trove of information.

Someone is out there who can tell us what the plan is for VF’s future. We don’t need to know personal information; we just need to know what to expect. It’s not right to let the website malfunction periodically and leave everyone wondering if or when it’s going to die.

This website has been going for decades and should be updated and properly secured. Either the current administrator should do it, or pass it on to someone who will.

Lots of us have been willing to pay to support VF and would continue to do so, if we knew that there was a viable future.
You worded this beautifully. Thank you!

I was a supporter for years. I want to keep supporting the forum, but I will not renew my support until I know that the site will be kept going.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, vf site issues, wendy, wwwendy