Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-11-23, 02:10 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Thanks for correcting me Vantreestra. I remembered that it was opened to replace a forum. Just got the wrong forum.
All good! It just still feels like a fresh loss to me sometimes even though it's been almost a decade already! Wow! How is that possible???
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-11-23, 02:52 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I'm not sure that the sky is falling, but the more people leave the closer it is to happening. Could be that Wendy monitors that activity and when it gets low enough she will stop renewing the domain name and then it's gone. I suppose someone else could grab the name if Wendy lets it expire. I am honestly puzzled at the anger, but I was a lurker until 2006 so it might be different if I was here at the onset. Yes, I really wish Wendy would contact someone, even if she doesn't want to post on the board. I think people get more anxious when there's so much uncertainty.

I'm just speculating like everyone else here. I intend to post on VF as long as it's here and have a backup place or places to go. It is what it is.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 06-11-23, 02:55 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I’m talking about things as simple as seeing new posts first. It sticks for a few days and then changes back. I’m not using the app and really don’t care to so that’s probably the problem. I’m also a on again more often off lurker so it really is of little consequence.
Ok, I don't use the app either.

I just click on the unread tab and it pulls up the latest posts.

I also click on the bell symbol for notifications on the far right so I can note if someone responded or quoted me to go directly to respond.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 06-11-23, 02:59 PM  
jordan

I don’t know what happened with Wendy and I don’t have enough information to be upset with her over what is happening to the forum. I wouldn’t advise giving money for the support of VF at this time unless there is some response. Many of us have had to step away over the years and maybe she didn't realize that it would come to this. In retrospect maybe there should have been some decisions then about the future of the board but life events have a way of swooping in and over whelming us. It is very possible she had a serious health issue (or worse) that has made it impossible to respond. I hope that is not the case and I wish her well. I feel a bit saddened by the situation because although I don’t post often anymore, I learned a lot and received much from others that motivated me in my fitness journey. I do thank Wendy for starting this forum (as well as keeping the forum going for as long as she did) and I hope the community finds a way to stay together. Preferably, I would like there to be a way to keep VF going but I can see that it might not be possible.

jordan
Old 06-11-23, 03:09 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Ok, I don't use the app either.

I just click on the unread tab and it pulls up the latest posts.

I also click on the bell symbol for notifications on the far right so I can note if someone responded or quoted me to go directly to respond.

That's how I use tapatalk too. There's also way in your settings to stop getting all the notifications if they get overwhelming. I think the default is to notify a person about quite a bit and it got annoying to me so I changed my settings. Or maybe I'm remembering another tapatalk forum's default settings. But yeah, if you're getting too many notifications from tapatalk, there's a relatively easy settings panel you change adjust.
Old 06-11-23, 03:10 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I don't use Reddit much but I do use it chronologically. I just use the "new" tab and it comes up for me.

Erica
I'll give that a try next time. Thanks!
Old 06-11-23, 03:14 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I'm not sure that the sky is falling, but the more people leave the closer it is to happening. Could be that Wendy monitors that activity and when it gets low enough she will stop renewing the domain name and then it's gone. I suppose someone else could grab the name if Wendy lets it expire. I am honestly puzzled at the anger, but I was a lurker until 2006 so it might be different if I was here at the onset. Yes, I really wish Wendy would contact someone, even if she doesn't want to post on the board. I think people get more anxious when there's so much uncertainty.

I'm just speculating like everyone else here. I intend to post on VF as long as it's here and have a backup place or places to go. It is what it is.
I can only speak for myself but I am not leaving VF as long as I'm able to post. I think it's good to have a backup plan in case the forum does cease to work/exist. When the Collage forum went away after the sale, we didn't know it was imminent as we were told the forum would continue, and we lost so much of the community bc there was no backup plan. Yes, VF was here and many of us joined then, but we didn't have the chance to communicate with other forum members where we were going in order to keep check in groups together. Some of us already had each other's email addresses so we could keep in touch and migrate together. I imagine we lost some who didn't want to make the change and I would guess that may happen here too, if the forum does die.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-11-23, 03:16 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
That's how I use tapatalk too. There's also way in your settings to stop getting all the notifications if they get overwhelming. I think the default is to notify a person about quite a bit and it got annoying to me so I changed my settings. Or maybe I'm remembering another tapatalk forum's default settings. But yeah, if you're getting too many notifications from tapatalk, there's a relatively easy settings panel you change adjust.
I set mine to not receive any notifications.

Old 06-11-23, 03:42 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post

I get emotional about VF as it has been my home for decades.

As for the "anger." Well, I pay $50 per year for my VF subscription. I expect the Forum to function for my money.

Imagine you paid your electric bill. But, the power randomly goes off and the lights only work in a few rooms. And you have a sneaking suspicion that the power may go off unexpected at any time. Possibly forever.

You never receive any notices from the electric company as to the future of your service.

You might feel a bit miffed...

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-11-23, 03:49 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

WWWendy's last visit to VF was 5/31/23. Why didn't she post something to let us know what's going on? I guess after all the years of supporting this forum we don't matter anymore.

Protect your joints no matter what!

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me

Tags
abandonware, internet archive, tapatalk, vf roost, vf site issues