Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-08-24, 07:45 PM  
Erica H.

Did my regular pull workout today and a short walk with DH. The neuropathy in my legs has been especially bad the last few days and that has been upsetting.

Wendy- that's so sad about the little girl on TikTok. I hate seeing kids growing up too fast. I've done that Michelle workout a few times when my back has been sore and I need to switch to lighter weights. I agree that Jari is better.

buffmama - sounds like your body needs a break. Glad you didn't push things.

Erica
Old 05-09-24, 07:40 AM  
buffmama

Justina's Runners Mobility
danielpt fitness BW 360 HIIT - 30 min
MPL 10 min - I'm varying these but lots of overlap in moves

Daniel's workout nicely balanced the front and back of the body and had a few animal movements.

Erica - I hope your neuropathy wanes and improves.

Wendy - The 'beauty standard' can no longer be achieved naturally. Buffboy likes to remind me that makeup was invented for when men acted the parts of women on stage. I try and ignore most of it.
Old 05-09-24, 06:08 PM  
wendug

Today is a rest day, but I felt like doing some stretching so I did Move with Nicole- 30 Min. Yoga Stretch. This is a really nice flow. I feel stretched out and relaxed. I couldn't do the mermaid pose, but I was close.

buffmama- Glad you liked the Daniel PT BW workout! He is really a good trainer. I realize the beauty standard cannot be achieved naturally. Even young women are getting botox injections and don't get me started on fillers! I'm keeping my natural look, wrinkles and all! Remember when over tweezed eyebrows were all the rage? I never followed that style and kept my natural brows. I met a woman yesterday about my age whose eyebrows were very sparse and she had drawn them on. Eyebrows are hard to grow back! I guess I'm saying don't follow the trends and you will come out better in the long run.

Erica- I'm sorry to hear your neuropathy has been bad recently. I hope you see improvement soon!
Old 05-09-24, 07:07 PM  
Erica H.

Thanks for the good wishes! The neuropathy is back to its normal miserable rather than intensely miserable. I don't know why it gets better and worse since I'm pretty regular with everything I do with diet and exercise and sleep. It's hard for me to complain since I don't have pain. I have constant burning/soreness/tingling/pins and needles, which makes me uncomfortable 24/7 but so many people have pain and I'm fortunate to not have that. It's a weird feeling - it's like I have constant DOMS even though I haven't done anything. I tell DH it always feels like I've spent the day hiking when I've actually been a lump on the couch. Working out is definitely a battle mentally and physically. It's hard to believe I used to run 40-50 miles a week and now I can barely walk.

Did my regular lower body workout and a short walk with DH today.

Buffmama - buffboy is very wise. I love DanielPT. He really is a great trainer.

Wendy, I'm so far behind on beauty and fashion that I just recently realized that thicker eyebrows are now desirable. I never had to do anything with mine no matter what the trend other than tweeze strays. Funny how things come and go. I'm staying natural too (mostly because of the cost, though) but I forget that so many other women are having work done and then I feel bad about how much I've aged when I compare myself to them (comparison is the thief of joy!).

Erica
Old 05-10-24, 07:41 AM  
buffmama

Justina Power Intervals 2 - split stance cleans and rotational push press - I found it hard to stay aligned shoulders over hips, hips over ankles and lower weight for the last set of push presses
MPL 5 min - this one was more stretching than strength

Erica - You didn't just run, you ran some pretty high milage! Wow. I plan to complain [loudly] Sun if the weather isn't as warm/sunny/pretty as I want and I'm only doing a 5K!

Wendy - Is your yard work on landscaping or do you have a vegetable garden?
Old 05-10-24, 08:40 AM  
Erica H.

Did my normal push workout and will go for a short walk with DH later. Neuropathy is bad again today. I could take meds for it but they have so many side effects that I'd rather just suffer.

buffmama - hope your 5k is fun! That's a fast race for me - I was always a slow runner. I miss running so much. It was really one of my biggest joys and such a huge part of my identity. I never even considered that I'd have to stop permanently and certainly not so suddenly. It's almost three years now since I last ran.

Erica
Old 05-10-24, 05:35 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Millionaire Hoy- One Dumbbell HIIT. TBH, I had forgotten about Millionaire Hoy. I tried one of his workouts years ago and it was too high impact for me. But this workout was recommended by YT and when I previewed it, it looked good with a variety of moves including cardio, core, and balance. I did take a short break about half way through to catch my breath, but overall I liked it! The warm up and cool down were both too short for me, so I added my own moves on to both.

buffmama- I have both a veggie garden and lots of flowers (annuals and perennials). Each year I extend my garden footprint a little bit more for flowers as I would prefer less grass and more native plants for the wildlife. My veggie garden isn't that big, but I do love some fresh from the garden tomatoes and herbs.

Erica- Try not to compare yourself with others. You have no idea how much work people have had done! I have to rave about the sunscreen I tried today. Australian Gold tinted sunscreen (fair to light) with SPF 50. It is awesome! Not greasy at all and just enough tint to even out my skin tone. I really dislike foundation, so this will be my go to for the summer on my face. It is easy to apply a little makeup over it and have the all important protection from sunscreen. I have tried SO MANY sunscreens that I've disliked so I'm happy to have found this. It must be popular as it is sold out at a lot of places.
Old 05-11-24, 07:39 AM  
buffmama

Today was a rest day with a long pilates practice from YouTube.
It looks to be dry but cool [for me] tomorrow AM.

Wendy - I saved that workout - it looks good! I found an upper workout too but it seems most of his channel is cardio and then full body. Apparently that's what people watch.

Erica - I will think of you tomorrow and try not to complain so much since I am blessed to be even doing the run. Maybe some chocolate chocolate chip banana bread pre-race will help too.
Old 05-11-24, 07:50 AM  
wendug

buffmama- Good luck on your 5k! Cool weather in the a.m. is good as I'm sure you'll warm up in the run.
Old 05-11-24, 08:41 AM  
Erica H.

My usual lower body workout this morning and will probably be rained out for a walk with DH.

Wendy, I saved that workout too! It looks great! I don't do many of his workouts, but I like him. He seems like such a sweet guy. Of course, I feel that way about many instructors - Chris/Edi, Kaliegh Cohen, Amy Ross... Thanks for sharing that sunscreen, too. I'm very interested in trying it. Where did you buy it from? I think I found it on Amazon. We can't have a garden here because there's too much wildlife. We tried one year and gave up. It was so much work and they got everything before we could. Your yard must be beautiful.

buffmama I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope you have lots of fun with the race. I agree that a cool start sounds perfect. And of course anything with chocolate chips sounds good to me. When I was a runner, I often thought about how blessed I was to be able to run. But feel free to complain.

Erica