Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-05-24, 07:25 AM  
wendug

I couldn't post yesterday as I was getting the error of the site being too busy. I got up early this morning to let Gertie out and she kept barking at the fence line. I went out to see what she was barking about and it was a loose husky. It had it's collar on and had chewed through the lead it was tied to. Luckily I know this dog (Lex) as it belongs to one of the houses on the other side of the alley. I coaxed him with treats to grab him and put him back in his yard. Their front gate was wide open so he decided to go on a little adventure. I just worry that he will roam to a busy street not far from us. But I'm thankful I was able to keep him safe.

Yesterday was a yardwork day. I forget how fast the grass grows in spring! I planted some flowers in containers, too.

Erica- Have fun meeting with your soon to be daughter in law and son! I did see the new Caroline BW workout on YT. It looks tough with a lot of bulgarians. She uses slant boards for some of the bulgarian lunges, which I don't have. I'll have to figure out if I can use something else in their place.

buffmama- I've been experimenting with the shadow under the eye in place of liner and the key is a very fine make-up brush. I made the mistake of using a too big brush the first time and the result did not look great.
Old 05-05-24, 07:38 AM  
buffmama

Justina Runners Strength - I increased weight on split squats and actually did the jump lunges (I gave myself 5sec extra rest as it was a tabata)
MPL Healthy Knees and a Better Squat

Inspired by Wendy's links, I am now watching more makeup tutorials! Luminosity is good, liquid is good, black is bad, grey is great (and hard to find as a liner). Oh my, the 80s gal in me wants to be shiny + dewy. .
Old 05-05-24, 06:01 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Jasper MacDermot- Persist Day 1- 40 Min. Upper Body.It felt great go do a Jasper workout! Nice mobility warm up, some moves I haven't done before (kneeling deep shoulder press, alternating mixed grip rows). Lots of great form pointers throughout the workout. I was a bit surprised that the workout ended on flexibility which was a back bend. I can still do one, although my wrists weren't very comfortable. There was no dedicated cool down stretch, so I added his Thrive Day 38- 5 Min. Full Body Mobility. I did add on some additional stretching as my arms needed it.

buffmama- Please share if you find a makeup tutorial you find especially good!
Old 05-06-24, 05:56 AM  
buffmama

I have an early start today so I did short workouts:
MPL 5 min
Caroline Girvan 20 min Upper Body Circuit - I did TRX rows instead of the push up finisher since we did those in the circuit
Julia Reppel Upper Body Cool Down - 5 min

These were short but tough. I also found a 30 day scoliosis challenge to work on corrective posture that is 5 min a day and am on day 2 of that. This should help me keep my body aligned as I'm doing other exercises.
Old 05-06-24, 05:15 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Christa DiPaolo- 40 Min. Boxing & Kickboxing- Popsugar. I've done this workout of Christa's before and liked it. Even better- no ad breaks except before the workout!

buffmama- Yes, Caroline does love her pushups! That's great that you found a scoliosis challenge to help keep you in alignment.

Hi Erica! I hope your get together with the family was nice!
Old 05-06-24, 06:41 PM  
Erica H.

Did my regular push workout this morning. We had a wonderful time with our son and his fiance yesterday.

Wendy, I probably have about 90 make up tutorials saved and have watched a little less than half of them so far. I find them very confusing because it seems there is so much conflicting information on correct order and applicators. I am definitely making this more complicated than it should be.

buffmama - that's great about the scoliosis work. That's so important. I've just been reading (I can't remember if it was on VF or somewhere else) how much scoliosis that wasn't a problem before can become really awful with age. Caroline can get a lot done in a short time.

Speaking of make up and skin...I couldn't get over my son's fiance's beautiful skin and bone structure. She wore no make up and her skin just glows and she has amazing cheek bones. Her cheeks are naturally what everyone uses contour/blush/highlighter to achieve.

Erica
Old 05-07-24, 08:00 AM  
buffmama

fitness kaykay latest 30 min Killer Cardio which was 40 min with warm up and cool down. 30s work/5s rest, 40s rest half way through. It was a burpee/jumping jack workout which sounds a little worse than it was considering I didn't figure this out on preview. But I could feel my hip flexors.

TSC Connect Pull Up Bar workout - 12 min
MPL 9 min
Justina's Runner Core - 19 min

Erica - So glad you had a great time with your son and his fiancé! Yes there is a lot of conflicting info about everything apparently. One tutorial I watched yesterday said to put cheek color/contour only from the outer eye to the hair line. Um, no. I reserve the right to change my mind, but no.

Wendy - I just looked at Jasper's upper body work in Persist. I wish he didn't spend so much time on bi's and tri's in every upper body workout.
Old 05-07-24, 05:28 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Caroline- Fuel 30 Min. Glutes and Hamstrings Complex- Day 13 Oh this was tough! I used my 2 30s for the staple sumo deadlift since I don't have heavier than a single 35 pound dumbbell. I did have to drop to my 25s for the last set after the bulgarian lunges because my legs were fried.Today I was planning to do Jasper's lower body workout from Persist, but it just didn't seem intense enough for what I wanted today. I do really like Jasper, but I wish his workouts had more weight work along with the mobility and flexibility. But I guess that isn't what most people are looking for.

buffmama- KayKay's cardio is tough! And yes, some of the advice on makeup tutorials is a definite no from me. I saw a tiktok of an 8 year old girl putting on make up and talking about a boy she has a crush on. She did the whole face contouring that is popular and I was shocked and a little disturbed. Shocked that she could do all this advanced makeup stuff and disturbed that at 8 years old she doesn't need it.

Erica- That's sweet you commenting on your future DIL's skin. Ah, to be young with beautiful skin again. I don't think my skin is horrible, but I remember the days of not having to wear make up or very little and being completely ok with it.
Old 05-08-24, 07:29 AM  
buffmama

Justina Functional Lower Body 2 - step downs, bridges, Bulgarians, Copenhagen planks. I didn't go too heavy or else my form changes but I stayed on one side longer to increase the work load.

MPL 9 min - that appears to be my sweet spot, I skipped 1 round but it was mostly restorative

I have Justina's mobility work written to do today but I just didn't have it in me. Maybe later if I can muster up some strength.
Old 05-08-24, 05:35 PM  
wendug

M. Briehler- Upper Body RIP + Core. As I was doing this workout I realized I had done it before, and it is a mediocre workout. She barely hits the shoulders and the backwork wasn't great. I'll stick to Jari for RIPPED workouts.