Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-01-24, 08:06 PM  
wendug

After yesterday's long weight workout, my body is fatigued today. So no workout for me, but I did till my garden bed and put in my 2 tomato plants I bought yesterday. Technically it is too early to plant them, but with climate change I decided 2 weeks early should be okay.

buffmama- I have noticed that the newer workouts of Christa's on Popsugar aren't bad with the ads. Specifically the workouts from the last 3 years or so.

Erica- Here is video I liked about a whole face routine, not just eyes. I do have hooded eyes, and I'm still playing around with the best way to put makeup on them. One of my menopause symptoms is dry eye , so eye makeup is a bit tricky. My mom had her eyes lifted when she was about my age and I completely understand why. I would love to have my eyes done, too, but it is quite expensive. So I'll stick to my lotions and potions and hope something helps with the appearance.

I will not be doing Chris & Edi's new rotation, not now anyway. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. I need to look in to some other instructors and their rotations/workouts.
Old 05-02-24, 08:33 AM  
buffmama

Today was:
Movement Parallels Life day 5 of 7 day challenge - 7 min
Kaleigh Cohen Strength FB Functional HIIT - 30 min, not really functional but worked for today
Kaleigh Cohen Strength FB Tabata - 10 min
Julia Reppel Cool Down - 7 min

Wendy - I will be watching the makeup tutorial also, so thank you for sharing that and which of Christa's workouts are better to start with.

Erica - A life well lived is worth more than a youthful appearance even if that's not what the media wants us to believe. You're going to be beautiful.
Old 05-02-24, 05:38 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Penny Barnshaw- 45 Minute KB HIIT. Wow! This was every bit as tough as the Daniel PT KB HIIT I did a couple of weeks ago. I'm a sweaty mess after this workout!

Erica- I agree with buffmama that a well lived life (and laugh lines) is beautiful.
Old 05-02-24, 07:46 PM  
Erica H.

Did my regular push workout along with a short workout with DH.

Wendy, thanks for sharing the makeup video. Glad you had a good sweaty workout!

buffmama - thanks for the kind words. DH somehow still thinks I'm beautiful no matter what, so that helps. How did you like the Kaleigh Cohen workouts? I use her spin workouts a lot, but not many of her strength. I do like her a lot but don't click with most of her strength workouts. I think her form is really good. She's so pregnant now! Due in August.

Erica
Old 05-03-24, 07:37 AM  
buffmama

Justina Power 1 - turns out I was supposed to do Power Intervals and only realized 1/2 way through I had already done this one. . Happily it was a good one and I had increased my weight. I'll have to work the other one in - it's DLs and push presses.
MPL - day 6 of 7 - this one had hangs and crawls.

Wendy - I watched a makeup video by the person you linked to where she says to just line the upper lid above the iris to open the eyes more. I'm going to try that! I had been doing the inner iris to the outer corner and agree that brings things down too much.

Erica - Fun you mentioned about Kaleigh's pregnancy because I thought so and went to the community page to check. She has a great picture of her family there and it was nice to see. Her strength workouts had the same problem I encountered everywhere - starting with shoulders/smaller muscles before chest and back. That particular workout was more power than functional. I find her easy to workout with though so it's a shame.
Old 05-03-24, 08:17 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Her strength workouts had the same problem I encountered everywhere - starting with shoulders/smaller muscles before chest and back. .
This is a huge problem I see too and I don't understand it because it makes no sense to me to work the muscles that way. Most of the time I'll just pass up on workouts that do that, but sometimes I'll load up the workout in two different spots so I can reverse the workout by starting with the larger muscle groups and finishing with smaller. I also don't like spending too much time on the smaller muscle groups and so many instructors work them pretty evenly, which I don't think is necessary or efficient.

I've been doing Kaleigh's cycling workouts for three years now and it's been so much fun watching how things have changed for her with production, followers, etc. And I've enjoyed watching her kids grow up too. My oldest son is just a tiny bit younger than Kaleigh so I feel kind of motherly towards her and her family.

Did my normal lower body workout today and will walk with DH later.

Erica
Old 05-03-24, 05:36 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- KCM- Sculpting Rx- Workout 2 (cardio sculpt) + premix of one set of each exercise from workout 1. I did my own stretch as Kelly's was quite short. This is not my favorite weight workout from Kelly. She did, however, really hit the abs with this workout!

I haven't done a Kaleigh workout in quite some time, so went to her page to see her pregnant. So cute! And I noticed she has quite a few 10 minute "finisher" workouts. Nice!

Happy Friday!
Old 05-03-24, 05:56 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post

I haven't done a Kaleigh workout in quite some time, so went to her page to see her pregnant. So cute! And I noticed she has quite a few 10 minute "finisher" workouts. Nice!

Happy Friday!
Did you see that Caroline posted a 1 hour bodyweight workout?

Kaliegh's live workouts on Saturdays or where you can see how pregnant she really is now. Her taped workouts during the week are filmed quite a bit in advance. It's been fun watching her belly grow.

We're driving down to meet our soon to be daughter-in-law on Sunday. I'm pretty excited. We've been in touch for a couple of years electronically but have never met in person (she's from Indonesia). It will be nice to have something good going on after a very stressful week.

Erica
Old 05-04-24, 08:59 AM  
buffmama

Justina Power Intervals 1 + Core for Runners
MPL day 7 of 7 - this would be easy to repeat, only down side is that there is no indication after the first round when he's speaking that the exercise has changed

Erica - I never look under the live playlists - good reminder! And yes, she looks great. Caroline's latest looks tough! Long work periods. Have a great time with your family tomorrow!

Wendy - I tried the new eye lining technique yesterday with a shadow as liner. Today I want to try it with a pencil it should work better.
Old 05-05-24, 04:54 AM  
Erica H.

Did some new to me lower body workouts.

Chris Dorner's 45 Min STRONG Legs and Glutes At home workout - Dumbbells and Bands. I liked this except for all the talking. Long work periods of 1 minute. She does three circuits of exercises and then repeats them.

Also, the standing lower body portion of Tiff and Dan's 6 week shred 1 Day 16: 40 Min KILLER LEG WORKOUT at Home + Abs with Weights. These were complexes, which I'm usually not crazy about. Good workout, but I don't think I'll do it again with so many other lower body workouts I like more.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Erica