Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-28-24, 02:45 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I hope my earlier response didn't sound callous. Being a Mom certainly isn't easy.

Wendy - I love wedding stories! If I walk past a random wedding going on I somehow think it's going to bring me good luck (maybe a mate?). It makes my day regardless.
Not callous at all! And I agree that being a mom is not easy. I love weddings and wedding stories too. It's such a special time for a couple - filled with love and hope for the future. It's wonderful to see people so happy.

Erica
Old 04-29-24, 07:59 AM  
buffmama

Julie Reppel Upper Body 34 min - this was great - lots of OH work, KB pendulums for core which I haven't done before and 60 sec (sounds less than 1 min right?!) of burpees for the finisher. I anticipate I will do this one again.

Movement Parallels Life day 2 of 7 - these are great

Great weather to wake up to so I'll be headed to the car wash this morning.
Old 04-29-24, 05:23 PM  
Erica H.

Did my usual lower body workout this morning and a short walk with DH. Every time I tell myself I *should* switch to something different, it stresses me out and I realize that the workouts I'm doing now are thorough and I feel very good about them when I'm doing them.

Wendy, did Sydney say what weights she was using in the lower body workout you did? I really like that Caroline/Tiff and Dan, Chris and Edi, etc. tell you the weights. Even if I don't use exactly what they are using, I like having that number to work around. I wish that Chris would go higher than 40 pounds though since I'm sure he uses more than that in his own workouts based on how muscular he is. I remember someone commenting on that in one of their youtube workouts, but I can't remember what he said about it. Maybe Edi goes heavier IRL too.

buffmama - hope your car is nice and shiny! Glad you had a good workout.

Erica
Old 04-29-24, 05:40 PM  
wendug

Yesterday was a yardwork day, which I was fine with as I was a bit sore from Sydney's workouts. Just changing things up shocked my body I guess. Today's workout- Christa DiPaolo 30 Min. B&B Full Body Knockout. I enjoyed the combos + the weighted full body drills between sides/combos really spiked my heart rate! I was lucky for a while and didn't see many ads during Christa's workout, but this one had a TON. The ads were right in the middle of combos and drills so I just continued doing the combo/drill while the ad played. I added on her pre-fight warmup and post-fight cool down workouts, too. Plus added stretching.

Erica- Sometimes Sydney tells you her weight, but not always. Her weights have the number printed on the side in white so even if she doesn't tell you what she is using, you can see what weights she has. I was impressed that with the last workouts she encouraged you to go up in weights, especially on the last set and she grabbed some heavy ones herself ( I did see her use 45 & 55 pound dumbbells for some moves.) I often thought that Chris probably uses heavier weights for his usual workouts as he is quite muscular.

buffmama- My car desperately needs a bath, but we've been in a pattern of rain/sun/rain/sun which I think is over today. Hopefully later this week I'll get a car wash in.
Old 04-30-24, 07:42 AM  
buffmama

Movement Parallels Life day 3 of 7 day challenge - some new moves
Caroline Girvan Unilateral HIIT - 30 min
Julia Reppel Runners Cool Down - 8 min

Some how Caroline seemed the best of the worst things I had saved for cardio?! Maybe it was the limited jumping, but oh my. Too many push ups with limited back work so I modified a bit to either use the same muscle groups in plank or did a back move - TRX BW rows, dancing crab. Single arm burpees were done double arm - but hey they were still burpees. The cool down was nice.

Wendy - My car doesn't get washed much since I don't have a garage. It needed the wax and vacuum desperately. I will do one more at the end of the summer.

Erica - Youtube has lots of suggestions for makeup. I actually found it helpful when I was looking to change things up. (I'm very basic makeup-wise.)
Old 04-30-24, 09:17 AM  
Erica H.

Did my regular pull workout today and will go for a short walk with DH soon

buffmama - I have been watching and saving a bunch of make-up tutorials on youtube, but it gets overwhelming and confusing since a lot of different channels say different things (use a brush, use your finger, use a sponge...). I got a book for beginners from the library and it had 22 steps to apply eyeshadow! And so many products...

Wendy - that's so annoying about the ads being right in the middle of the workout like that. I use my laptop for workouts and have the screen set for default so the picture is way too small for me to see Sydney's weights!

Erica
Old 04-30-24, 06:01 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Chris & Edi- Build 2- Day 50- 75 Min. Full Body Workout. I did it! I finished the series (minus a few of their cardio workouts). After the first round of block 2 I wondered if I was going to do the whole workout. However, during the second round I got a second wind and was able to finish the entire 75 minutes. And no, the last 15 minutes were not stretching! My body might feel beat up tomorrow as I normally don't work out this long.

buffmama- My car sits outside even though we have a garage. It is too tight to fit 2 cars in the garage, and my dh's car is the newer vehicle, so that gets to live in the garage.

Erica- I wondered if you had a screen large enough to see Sydney's weights. I watch YT on our big screen tv. I watch YT tutorials for makeup ideas, too. I've never been one to wear lots of makeup, but now that I'm older I'm finding great ideas on applying eyeshadow to look like your eyes are bigger (or not so sleepy looking!) and concealer to cover under eye darkness/circles. I just ordered Australian Gold tinted sunscreen and I hope it evens out my skintone along with providing SPF. I am not a foundation person so I hope this works for me.
Old 04-30-24, 06:09 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, Congratulations on finishing! Do you have hooded eyes? I think I do from aging. I didn't know about it until recently when I started watching all of these make up videos. If you have any YT videos that you can recommend for eyeshadow/concealer, I'd appreciate it if you'd share them! I have so many saved now and am quite overwhelmed.

Erica
Old 05-01-24, 08:05 AM  
buffmama

Movement Parallels Life day 4 or 7
Justina Lower Body Functional Strength 1 - step ups, iso bridges, Bulgarians, arm elevated side planks. I channel you 2 ladies and increased from 20->25 lb single weight for the second round (still low by comparison I know..)

Wendy - Awesome job on finishing Chris + Ed! 75 min is l.o.n.g. Any chance you have which of Christa's workouts have less ads? I'm going to scroll back and see if I can find some.

Erica - I'm overwhelmed just hearing about all the makeup options! I use concealer on my eyelids to brighten them, mascara, blush and a little liner. That's typically it. Brushes, foundation and the like make me itch just thinking of them! But I am following the beauty thread and thinking about that Maybelline lash primer... I hope you're having fun playing. You will look amazing however you decide to do your makeup.
Old 05-01-24, 07:18 PM  
Erica H.

My usual leg workout and a short workout with DH. His mom had a stroke last night, but seems fine today (she's still in the hospital). So weird - her only symptom was that she suddenly couldn't speak the words she wanted to. Poor DH was at the hospital for her for about 6 hours until 1am when they finally got her settled in her room. She was already a lot better by then and was able to speak much better, but they did give her aspirin so maybe that helped. I don't know what's going to happen next with her - she lives alone and it's a constant stress for us.

Wendy - I was thinking of you today when Chris and Edi's new program started. You finished the last one just in time!

buffmama - When I was younger and wore makeup it was so different because I was just really enhancing things on my face and had an easy quick routine with just a few products. Now it feels like I'm covering and fixing everything instead. I haven't aged well and everything is falling/sagging/drooping. I'd love to get a tiny facelift, but can't justify the cost.

Erica