Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-18-23, 06:35 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
I understand people are disappointed when content becomes paid. When Vera Laro went to a subscription model on YT, I was disappointed too even though I understand why she did it. For me, it is about the pricing. I didn't pay for Vera's membership because it is 14.99/mo and I just felt like that was too high but I probably would pay 9.99/mo. She does still put up free videos though they are usually short. At least she has not deleted her old content.It will be interesting to see the CGX pricing.

ETA: It will 13.99/mo or $99 for th eyear. I think the yearly price is very good.
I too love Vera. I quit her when she went paid membership. Not blaming her. It's just me.
Old 04-20-23, 07:15 AM  
ChelePA

Saw this on Facebook. Preview of pricing?

Looks like in the US $13.99 per month or $99 for the year. Not sure where they got the information from so it might not be 100% valid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65324B22-3D87-40C8-BE64-3C24E2861B6E.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	4854  
Old 04-21-23, 01:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I’m not interested in the meal ideas or the associated content, just the workouts. I “might” consider the trial to see if it would be worth it to me, but not until after STS 2.0. I wish Caroline success in the venture!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 04-23-23, 12:11 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I think she mentioned in the past that she wouldn’t remove her YouTube programs and workouts. She did say in the video that she’ll add some YouTube workouts here and there, but not like it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
her YouTube programs will be staying on there, and she still plans to occasionally post on YouTube.
Glad to hear this. I only recently started some of her workouts, and absolutely love them. It's very unlikely that I'll subscribe. For now, I only stream Jessica Smith and Ellen Barrett. Both of those, plus all my DVDs, and other YouTube channels - I can't justify spending more. I'm also not interested in nutrition info, etc. Just give me the workout and I'll be happy.
Old 05-01-23, 04:05 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Caroline’s App launched last week. I subscribed for a year. Anyone else?

I did the first workout in the new Beastmode program this morning - Legs. It’s (4) sets of each exercise with a staple of weighted alternating back lunges after each completed set. You only do one set of the staple exercise.

I really liked this one a lot! I can see using it as a “stand alone” leg workout.

It was about 42 minutes long and the time flew!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 05-01-23, 08:08 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Caroline’s App launched last week. I subscribed for a year. Anyone else?

I did the first workout in the new Beastmode program this morning - Legs. It’s (4) sets of each exercise with a staple of weighted alternating back lunges after each completed set. You only do one set of the staple exercise.

I really liked this one a lot! I can see using it as a “stand alone” leg workout.

It was about 42 minutes long and the time flew!
I’m currently doing Iron, but am intrigued by the app. 4 sets of a move though? Not sure I can do that. I think I’ll have to try the original beast mode first. Have you done that one?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
Old 05-01-23, 08:33 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I’m currently doing Iron, but am intrigued by the app. 4 sets of a move though? Not sure I can do that. I think I’ll have to try the original beast mode first. Have you done that one?
I actually did do the You Tube two week Beastmode, lol! I like the App version of the first leg day better. The YT version staple was wall sits, that were harder than weights for me, lol!

I feel like the App version is going to be more like Iron, which is my favorite program of hers so far. I’ll come back and let you know what the rest of the week is like.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 05-01-23, 08:38 PM  
bubbles76

I really enjoyed Iron and started Epic. Not enjoying Epic so far, but I'm only a few days in. We'll see . If the app is like Iron I may peek at it, for a month at least. Does she do month to month?

ETA: Looks like she does month to month from the picture above.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 05-01-23, 08:51 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I really enjoyed Iron and started Epic. Not enjoying Epic so far, but I'm only a few days in. We'll see . If the app is like Iron I may peek at it, for a month at least. Does she do month to month?

ETA: Looks like she does month to month from the picture above.
I got that vibe today but it was only the first day. I’ll let you know what the rest of the week (and program) is like. But the 5th Beastmode workout is cardio (which I don’t enjoy because it’s usually high impact with burpees or makers). She doesn’t show modifications either (something I wish she’d do).

I’m seriously hoping she does a 50 Wkout version of Iron. I like that it’s all weights so I can add my own cardio.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 05-02-23, 07:29 AM  
buffmama

Looking forward to reading more about the workouts in the app.

Tags
caroline girvan, cgx, youtube instructors