Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-20-17, 06:51 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Can you download the practices from the USB stick to your computer and then make your own DVD's from them?
Karen,

I'm pretty sure you can't without a lot of effort (Bex has a way to do it, you can PM her if you are interested). I believe I called Udaya originally when I got the USB and asked them if I could download them and make DVDs and they said the USB format was designed so that was not possible. But, as I said, Bex is a computer wizard and figured out a way to do it.

Kim
Old 09-20-17, 09:24 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post

....But, as I said, Bex is a computer wizard and figured out a way to do it.

Kim
Awww, thanks for the shout out. It's been a tough day today and is sure is nice to hear someone say flattering things about me.
Old 09-20-17, 01:01 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Karen,

I'm pretty sure you can't without a lot of effort (Bex has a way to do it, you can PM her if you are interested). I believe I called Udaya originally when I got the USB and asked them if I could download them and make DVDs and they said the USB format was designed so that was not possible. But, as I said, Bex is a computer wizard and figured out a way to do it.

Kim
Thanks! I haven't tried any USB workouts so I'm mostly just curious.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Old 09-21-17, 07:10 AM  
Izzy

Cody said my DVDs is on its way. But he also added there has been a high demand and supplies are low. Then he added they are working on putting both of these on DVDs since there is such a high demand.
Old 09-21-17, 07:26 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Cody said my DVDs is on its way. But he also added there has been a high demand and supplies are low. Then he added they are working on putting both of these on DVDs since there is such a high demand.
I got an email but will have to wait for more to come in, then he will send it out to me.
Old 09-21-17, 09:23 AM  
Vantreesta

If they do put them on DVD as a general offering, I wonder if Mary will be able to carry them?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-22-17, 01:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

after a year of getting the "...we're working on it response....", I forwarded my purchase confirmation email to cody (proving that I owned the usb, bought directly from udaya), requesting the DVD versions. he said they're on order, and I should be getting a set soon. so glad!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 09-22-17, 07:05 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
after a year of getting the "...we're working on it response....", I forwarded my purchase confirmation email to cody (proving that I owned the usb, bought directly from udaya), requesting the DVD versions. he said they're on order, and I should be getting a set soon. so glad!
I had a year of those emails too, but Cody finally came through for me.

Kim
Old 09-22-17, 08:23 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I had a year of those emails too, but Cody finally came through for me.

Kim
my main quibble was that I wanted to play it from my tablet so that I could use it in the comfort of my room and do yoga on the carpet. however, even after getting a USB connector for the tablet, it wouldn't run because udaya's USB has its own operating system that needs a laptop.

with these DVD-R's, I plan to just play it from my portable DVD player.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 02-10-18, 09:03 AM  
Bearybuff

Pressed dvds available now...?

Tags
find your practice, tony g, vitas, vytas baskauskas, yoga elemental, yoga elementals