Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-03-18, 09:40 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've decided to continue doing what's worked for me in January. I'll be doing BellyFit and alternate it with Pilates by Lisa and other workouts, maybe HDM or something off youtube. On the first I did HDM CardioTone G which is my favorite, and yesterday I did Belly Fit Shakti Ma. Today it will be PBL. Seems this rotation makes me feel so good, and keeps aches and pains away, so why not continue for another month, right?
Old 02-03-18, 11:11 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I just got Tracie Long's new ones and hope to start these on Monday.
I will mix these with codyapp workouts.
Old 02-03-18, 11:19 AM  
TracyQ

Great thread. I love reading about what workouts everyone is doing.

I recently discovered Jessica Smith...well I’ve seen her mentioned on VF for years but never paid much attention because I always thought she did walking workouts which I wasn’t interested in.

Anyway, in December I was looking for something new for the new year and stumbled upon Jessica’s You Tube channel. The workouts looked good. I started doing them on December 28th. I love them. I recently traded for WS3 and have tried Metabolic Conditioning, Total Body, Upper Body and Lower Body. I’m not following her WS3 calendar but am planning on working my way through them in February. I’m really pleased with this set.

I also traded for Cathe’s FitSplit and will be adding those and some Cardio Coach into the mix.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
Old 02-03-18, 11:24 AM  
cherimac

Same ole, haha. Pilates by Lisa and walking. I played with Powerfit this week too, but I just feel my best with Lisa. I am thinking of alternating full body Pilates with Powerfit cardio and Lisa’s stretches.
Old 02-03-18, 11:25 AM  
alisoncooks

Well, definitely NOT what I did in January....which was a big, fat nothing.

I have narrowed it down to these finalists, LOL, which means probably some combination of:

Leslie - 30 Day, Ult. 5 Day
Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga
Suzanne Bowen - WW dvd, Flat Belly Barre dvd
Powerfit Harmony

I've also been eyeballing the Double Time workouts from BBOD. I think my youngest might enjoy those; she's still young enough to not roll her eyes profusely at things like that...
Old 02-03-18, 11:54 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
That about sums it up for me as well. I need to get back to a consistent routine but am still figuring out what to do. I am pretty out of shape right now, plus I have put on a few pounds which I am not pleased about.
Old 02-03-18, 12:57 PM  
kalliope999

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Yep, I'm another one in the same boat. But I could say the same for November and December, too!

I've been in an exercise funk, so I'm going to do Zuzka's free Bunny Slope Beginner program to get back into the habit. I may accelerate the schedule if I find it too easy, but I'm also hoping to avoid shocking my system to the point that I get sick after 2-3 weeks (that often happens to me when I start up a program but don't sleep enough for good recovery.) I'm helping to care for my good friend and neighbor who is elderly and ill, and if I get sick I'll have to stay away and won't be of any use to her!

If I like it and stick with the free program, I'll join ZGYM and go from there. I'm much less likely to skip workouts if they're short and I know I'll be done in 20 or so minutes!
Old 02-03-18, 01:29 PM  
laurajhawk

I've been doing Jessica for months and I love her, but now I want to build more muscle. I am loving James Crossley's Get Fit at 40+, and just ordered Charlotte Ord's Back to Basics for variety (I noticed I was feeling attracted to New Shoot productions and found Charlotte's with a brand search!). Rebounding and walking for cardio, vinyasa classes and kundalini DVDs (Natalie Wells was my other New Shoot instructor this week).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 02-03-18, 04:19 PM  
killoffsonny

Same thing I've been doing since August......3 pilates classes at my gym with a couple of days of thirty minute cardio thrown in and a barre or callanetics workout now and then. Nothing too drastic or intense.
Old 02-03-18, 05:38 PM  
OSusanna

Margaret Richard everyday and some zone 2 heart rate cardio. I’m working through an SI joint lockage and her exercises are best for that. I’m in training for my next rotation which will be Tracie Long, to commence sometime in March.