Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-20-20, 07:44 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

There have been times when I changed into my workout clothes, stood in front of my DVD collection, couldn't decide on one, finally said the heck with it and didn't do anything. I get so mad at myself when I do that but there are some days when I just can't force myself.
Old 06-20-20, 08:29 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
There have been times when I changed into my workout clothes, stood in front of my DVD collection, couldn't decide on one, finally said the heck with it and didn't do anything. I get so mad at myself when I do that but there are some days when I just can't force myself.
Yeah....
Been there.
Old 06-20-20, 08:38 AM  
ncl

I have definitely spent a lot of time picking the right workout at times. I often have the feeling that I just want the perfect workout for me that day, for whatever I am in the mood for. This requires having a sense of what kind of movement I want to do then choosing a workout that will meet that need and be enjoyable. Sometimes this is easy and sometimes I can spin out and go on and on looking through the collection to pick. I love when i hit it just right though.
Old 06-20-20, 09:24 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
Has anyone else ever stopped part way through a workout that you feel "meh" about and go check the reviews on VF to see what everyone else thought?

Donna
Old 06-20-20, 09:57 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I don’t usually spend much time deciding. But I have in the past had my husband pick my workout in a random way when I couldn’t decide what to do. That way I didn’t waste any time. It was a good way to do workouts that I wouldn’t pick myself.

Kim
ROFL Kim!
Old 06-20-20, 10:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Lately, I feel so tired all the time that I don't even want to do anything. But, I do something anyway.
Oh I can so relate. I'm literally forcing myself to do short workouts. Lately I spend time combing YogaGlo or YouTube looking for a 45 minute yoga practice - by the time I pick something there's only 20 minutes left to do it. Rolls eyes.

I had been making myself go out for a walk around the block, but not during a heatwave, thank you. Every day seems to feel like I'm just going through the steps but not actually living.
Old 06-20-20, 11:24 AM  
Scorpio6

And this is why I mostly do paper workouts these days. Some I have in the Notes section of my phone. Some are actually on physical paper. I have it in my head, if I want to do it to music, fine, if not, that's OK too. My biggest problem is picking the playlist if I decide to do the exercises to music.
Old 06-20-20, 12:57 PM  
killoffsonny

This is one of the reasons I go to a gym for classes. I've done the same....spent too much time trying to choose a workout. And now with youtube its even more overwhelming.
Old 06-20-20, 01:31 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm glad I'm not alone!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-20-20, 03:49 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
Well consider yourself a rookie because I've done the same but added sitting down to watch said workout while eating a "non-stellar" food choice. At least you are breaking even

Tags
analysis paralysis, brain freeze, low motivation, procrastination, too many choices